So...whatcha think?
  P3AT / LCP
  lol ur never getting ccw so get a 1911!
View Results

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:20 am
090Freak090
Man of the Demoneye
Point taken, but I'd still prefer a semi. I'm just glad that the issue has gone from pipe dream to, "hey, we might just pull it off!" The state seems like it is getting desperate in it's attempts, if I am to believe what was posted earlier in another site. Something along the lines of, "we can't argue about this in court because no one ever argued it in a court before." I'm still not holding my breath on it since even if we do win, they will try to make the process as expensive and difficult as possible with rediculous restrictions, etc.

Sorry if I'm being a little depressing.

most CCW holders will never even step foot in a court unless it is for jury duty. If you did everything right the cops will dismiss any cases against you because self-defense can not be punished in the US.

Actually, I meant that there would be restrictions on where I can't carry.

@ Pripyat Dawn: I know. I love it here, but the state gov't is really getting on my last nerves with...well, everything, not just guns. Thanks on the heads up on the 9mm, but if I get the 1911, I want a .45 since it didn't seem like a huge size difference in the gun.

In other news, I held a S&W Victory revolver the other day and I've got to say, I didn't hate it.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:19 pm
Man of the Demoneye
@ Pripyat Dawn: I know. I love it here, but the state gov't is really getting on my last nerves with...well, everything, not just guns.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:03 am
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye
@ Pripyat Dawn: I know. I love it here, but the state gov't is really getting on my last nerves with...well, everything, not just guns.

...let's try this first:
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:21 am
Man of the Demoneye
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye

...let's try this first:
User Image
Wuss.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Whence it Flows

Dangerous Elder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:43 pm
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye

YES! Let's start a Catholic Revolution! JUST WHAT WE NEED.

Also, Fres, you're full of s**t about the USP, Compact, especially. Thing's got the most accessible controls I've ever used.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:28 am
USP- best 500 dollar gun you can get for 1000 dollars  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:42 am
S&W M&P
FNP
beretta px4

all awesome choices  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:53 am
Pripyat Dawn
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye

YES! Let's start a Catholic Revolution! JUST WHAT WE NEED.

Also, Fres, you're full of s**t about the USP, Compact, especially. Thing's got the most accessible controls I've ever used.
Never tried the Compact. The fullsize is bullshit on a stick, though. I can REACH the controls, but only to touch. I can't get enough leverage to use them. Mostly the slide release.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:08 am
Thanks for the suggestons so far. Just keep in mind that whatever gun I do get will have to be cheap, fairly common (parts, etc.), cheap, shoots a common caliber, cheap, be able to conceal, and be reasonable priced.

Most likely I will be looking at trade-ins and used guns. As long as the thing works properly and has decent rifling. A beat up finish doesn't matter to me. In fact, I would prefer it so I can...do stuff to it.

How are Hi Points by the way? Seems to be decent reviews, but it looks heavy and bulky.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:20 am
Man of the Demoneye
Thanks for the suggestons so far. Just keep in mind that whatever gun I do get will have to be cheap, fairly common (parts, etc.), cheap, shoots a common caliber, cheap, be able to conceal, and be reasonable priced.

Most likely I will be looking at trade-ins and used guns. As long as the thing works properly and has decent rifling. A beat up finish doesn't matter to me. In fact, I would prefer it so I can...do stuff to it.

How are Hi Points by the way? Seems to be decent reviews, but it looks heavy and bulky.
The BHP, like the 1911, was designed as a soldier's pistol, and not designed with concealment in mind. However, like the 1911, it's older than dirt and still ticking for a reason.

Have you considered Glock or Springfield? Glocks are a bit on the bulky side (or at least I think so), and the SAXD has that much-desired grip safety, but they're both solid weapons, and a used Glock is going to be easy to find.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

090Freak090

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:37 am
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye

The BHP, like the 1911, was designed as a soldier's pistol, and not designed with concealment in mind. However, like the 1911, it's older than dirt and still ticking for a reason.

Have you considered Glock or Springfield? Glocks are a bit on the bulky side (or at least I think so), and the SAXD has that much-desired grip safety, but they're both solid weapons, and a used Glock is going to be easy to find.

Not to mention Springfield gives a lifetime warranty on all their guns (If you are the original owner) plus all the XD gear!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:18 pm
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye

Actually, I said Hi-Point, the magic ghetto gun, not Hi Power. Probably the same points apply though.

@ Fres and Freak - I thought about the XD, never held one though. I've never heard anything really bad about them nor the company and the torture tests on some TV show made it look tempting. Price is in the same range too.  

Man of the Demoneye

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:02 pm
Man of the Demoneye
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye

Actually, I said Hi-Point, the magic ghetto gun, not Hi Power. Probably the same points apply though.

@ Fres and Freak - I thought about the XD, never held one though. I've never heard anything really bad about them nor the company and the torture tests on some TV show made it look tempting. Price is in the same range too.
Whups, my bad. But yeah, Hi-Points are ********' huge. Definitely not CCW guns.

My only problem is the same as a Glock... they's fat guns.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:50 pm
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye

Whups, my bad. But yeah, Hi-Points are ********' huge. Definitely not CCW guns.

My only problem is the same as a Glock... they's fat guns.

Figured as much. The slide looked kind of bulky and it seems they weigh a lot.

Sorry if it seems like I'm using you guys a lot, but I have yet another gun to ask about. What is a Smith and Wesson Model 10 worth? Not specifically to carry, but just as a fun / HD gun. It's a DA/SA trigger, in .38 special. Not sure about the date or exact series, but the thing looks old and the bluing looks worn off in places. Has a lanyard loop if that helps any. Wood is marked up a bit and stained dark brown. Functionally it works good, as far as I could tell. Action is smooth and it looks like it lines up alright. Not sure about the rifling since I didn't really get a good look. Comes with a spare cylinder. They want $350 for it, but I can probably knock some off, plus trade in my muzzleloader. Just wondering if this was an average price or what?

GAH! Stupid economy! I'm just getting too damn impatient.

Oh yeah, thanks for putting up with me through all this.  

Man of the Demoneye

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:00 am
For the record, I'm only not answering because I don't know. Check gunbroker and other online auction sites, maybe? Should at least give you a ballpark.  
Buying and Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff