Welcome to Gaia! ::

Drawing a Day Guild! Improve Your Drawing!

Back to Guilds

Reply Drawing a Day Guild
Akane's Dailies. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zenoxy
Crew

Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:42 am
Oh wow, I love what's going on with the Sympathetic Medusa. It
's interesting seeing her side of things, a once vain beautiful lady now whittled down to rattling snakes and caves. Quite tragic.

Is she going to turn herself into stone by eying herself upon a mirror? (or is she immune?) or is she just nostalgic for the days she posessed real hair and beauty? (It's so interesting!)

On your Junko Mizuno imitation----I know I've heard that name somewhere and this design(style) I've seen it somewhere too----but for the love of gawd I can't remember ; A;
IT looks nice anyways, very interesting line work. The weight and the way you too notice fo the folds and curls is absolutely astonishing. The baby bearing hips always creeps me out, but still styled really nicely.

As for the pretty futuristic girl on a cube piece looks really good for a WIP. I cant' wait to see what coloring method you choose to fill it in with!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:44 am
My free trial of Adobe Illustrator ran out so I'm back to pencil. sweatdrop

I wanted to try something a bit more realistic...and I was bored in class...so I drew this.

User Image

Akane1313

Fashionable Consumer

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Akane1313

Fashionable Consumer

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:16 pm
zenoxy
Oh wow, I love what's going on with the Sympathetic Medusa. It
's interesting seeing her side of things, a once vain beautiful lady now whittled down to rattling snakes and caves. Quite tragic.

Is she going to turn herself into stone by eying herself upon a mirror? (or is she immune?) or is she just nostalgic for the days she posessed real hair and beauty? (It's so interesting!)

On your Junko Mizuno imitation----I know I've heard that name somewhere and this design(style) I've seen it somewhere too----but for the love of gawd I can't remember ; A;
IT looks nice anyways, very interesting line work. The weight and the way you too notice fo the folds and curls is absolutely astonishing. The baby bearing hips always creeps me out, but still styled really nicely.

As for the pretty futuristic girl on a cube piece looks really good for a WIP. I cant' wait to see what coloring method you choose to fill it in with!

Thanks for the feedback. ^_^

When I drew the Medusa image, I was imagining her being sorely depressed. I meant to add some stone people in there but forgot. Having to live alone with her snake hair and whatnot because anyone she looks on, even the ones she loves, would turn to stone. In this image, I imagined that she would go to her mirror every day wondering if she could kill herself if she could only get up the nerve to look into the mirror. But on this day, whether she was ready to die or not, Perseus (as legend says) comes to take her head.

Really though, it's tragic. It's bad enough to have to leave your family and friends because you turn everyone to stone on sight. And then to have people go on quests to kill you for fame and glory when you're already depressed? Besides that, some say that she was raped in the temple of Athena rather than consenting. That's just a life full of suckage right there. =/

For J. Mizuno, a google image search will turn up all sorts of results. I really like her gory cute style. I was attempting the hair with all the equally spaced lines that she does sometimes. As for the body shape, I guess I'm a fan of rounder shapes. I don't know. Normal is fine too, but this is actually my favorite style. Maybe it's because I kinda have big hips too. Especially in comparison to my small waist. (Obviously, this is exaggerated though. lol)

I was gonna use illustrator, but since that ran out on me, I might use colored pencil or something. Photoshop would be cool if I knew how to use it for anything other that photograph editing. I feel like I'm not getting full use out of my computer art classes. (I just noticed that star is cut off on the side...hmm...)

I guess this was a long response, but I wanted to reply to everything you said so you wouldn't feel like your words fell on deaf ears...eyes? (blind eyes?) Anyway, thanks again for your comments. ^_^ They were nice to read.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:22 pm
Sorry. >_< I was away from my scanner for christmas and then I got really busy once the semester started. I might have time this weekend.  

Akane1313

Fashionable Consumer

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Bassken Lake Monster
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:54 pm
You've got some cute stuff  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:51 pm
Bassken Lake Monster
You've got some cute stuff

Thanks. ^_^  

Akane1313

Fashionable Consumer

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

zenoxy
Crew

Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:01 pm
AGH. I didn't reply back ; A;

UHM. Even if you didn't reply back actually I wouldn't mind---studying your art would prove to be a pleasure all it's own <3 surprised

The Medusa point you got across is simply amazing, she is definitely getting a raw deal and is a fresh view on the "evil" side of things.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:25 am
I really love your art 4laugh  

Sumomo4life

Akane1313

Fashionable Consumer

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:11 pm
Sumomo4life
I really love your art 4laugh

Thank you. ^_^ I need to start posting stuff in here again. I'll need to get my scanner hooked back up.  
Drawing a Day Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff