Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:29 am
User Image
This is a crappy $20 long bladed knife from India and it's a piece of junk.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:04 am
Addition!

User Image
Cold Steel Kobun

I'd wanted a tanto-style knife for a while, and went with this one. Lightweight and very handy. Supposedly of Japanese AUS 8A Stainless steel, and came very sharp. The handle is of a deeply checkered, semi-hard rubber that is very grippy. I tried to use a magnet to see how far the tang goes into the handle, but it's a shitty magnet so it's kind of hard to tell, but I think it's full-tang. The overall blade/guard/handle/sheath is very slim and carries easily, and the blade stays in the sheath quite securely unless you really want to pull it out. The belt clip and holes make for plenty of ways to attach to belt, load-bearing vest, boot, etc. And of course there's a lanyard loop in the end of the handle. Only downsides are the handle is a bit slim for a good grip, the rubber guard isn't that great, and most of the weight is in the blade. Good for chopping, if you were to want to do that. Overall, a good knife. Cold Steel sells them on their site for $50 but it can be had for about $30.  

ArmasTermin

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:23 am
Das Rabble Rouser
User Image
This is a crappy $20 long bladed knife from India and it's a piece of junk.
I use it as a back scratcher. whee  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:02 pm
ArmasTermin
Pripyat Dawn
I have a Benchmade Infidel on my vest, it's ******** awesome and lots of fun ******** with Iraqi children. Also waaaaay too expensive for anyone to seriously consider it.

My newest knife is a Gerber LHR. It's awesome. Great knife. Only problem is the sheath. Specifically made for a right-handed (as in it's not a lock mechanism that only works right-handed) and for a thigh rig. Despite this, it's ******** awesome. Beat a handgun down there.

Thank you verah much.

I was talking to a buddy of mine in the Army asking if he'd done any training on the M9 but said he didn't and hadn't even know of anyone that carried them. And also said that soldiers doing ground patrols in Afghanistan weren't recommended to carry knives because supposedly the ragheads could sneak up on them and kill them with their own knives or something. Could you comment on why people b***h about 9mm if "no one's" using handguns, or if there's any truth to ragheads killing soldiers with their own knives?

The idea of not having a knife, to me, is absurd. I don't even leave the house without one. Not having one in a war zone, I think, is akin to bringing a rifle with no ammunition.

I looked up your Gerber knife and it looks excellent. I was going to buy a Gerber 22-41121 Prodigy Survival Knife, but I kind of hate serrations on knives. I recognize their usefulness at times, but I don't really like them.
Very, very few people carry a 9mm. Tends to be more for vehicle crews and machine gunners- people who's primary weapon is unweildy. Some units do, some don't. Seems to be, though, that the more likely you're in active combat, and the more likely you are to be farther from supply, the more likely you'll carry a sidearm.

I don't know any solid stories about people getting killed with their own knives, but I've heard the same basic thing before. Tends to be more pointed at assholes with huge KaBars strapped to their s**t. It starts getting dangerous/problematic while you're searching a dude. You're essentially handing him a weapon.  

Whence it Flows

Dangerous Elder

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas