Welcome to Gaia! ::

z!Spot

Back to Guilds

This guild was created to support zOMG! and get as many new players as we can to play our MMO! 

Tags: zOMG!, zOMG! Support, zOMG! Devs, zOMG! Events, Contests and Events 

Reply z!Spot zOMG! Supporters!
zOMG! Pride week! HELP WANTED! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sensual Soul
Vice Captain

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:12 am
RafiCat
Sensual Soul
This was just suggested to me, she didn't want her name mentioned.

"Maybe you should do a Gaia pride week and in that feature zOMG!. That way Gaians won't feel like you are trying to split the community."

What do you guys think? Does it really seem like we are trying to split the Gaian community?

Also I thought Show your Pride zOMG!en Community! would be a good slogan. Again, what do you think?

I don't think it seems like we're trying to split the community so much as bring attention to one part of Gaia, which is not as popular as we would like.

For the slogan, how about zOMGaian community? smile

A lot of people I talk to say they have either finished the game and quit playing out of boredom, or they tried to play and ran into too many glitches. I wish we had access to some statistics on how many users play regularly, how many have finished the game, etc.

You know that would be a good thing to include in the "About zOMG!" part of the thread. Want to tackle it? You could post a thread or two with a poll in CB and zOMG! Forums to see What numbers you can get and maybe talk to one of the devs to get some numbers from them too.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:38 am
Sensual Soul
This was just suggested to me, she didn't want her name mentioned.

"Maybe you should do a Gaia pride week and in that feature zOMG!. That way Gaians won't feel like you are trying to split the community."

What do you guys think? Does it really seem like we are trying to split the Gaian community?

Also I thought Show your Pride zOMG!en Community! would be a good slogan. Again, what do you think?

I really don't think it's a matter of splitting the community at all; we're simply trying to show our love for zOMG!, which is only even tangentially related to Gaia at all.

Personally, I'm none-too-thrilled with Gaia proper at the moment, and since zOMG! Pride is what we mean, I think zOMG! Pride is how it should stay...

Red Kutai

Benevolent Codger

RafiCat
Crew

Mega Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:38 pm
Sensual Soul
RafiCat

I don't think it seems like we're trying to split the community so much as bring attention to one part of Gaia, which is not as popular as we would like.

For the slogan, how about zOMGaian community? smile

A lot of people I talk to say they have either finished the game and quit playing out of boredom, or they tried to play and ran into too many glitches. I wish we had access to some statistics on how many users play regularly, how many have finished the game, etc.

You know that would be a good thing to include in the "About zOMG!" part of the thread. Want to tackle it? You could post a thread or two with a poll in CB and zOMG! Forums to see What numbers you can get and maybe talk to one of the devs to get some numbers from them too.

I posted a poll like that a few months ago, and got very few responses. sad

I also asked about this at a dev meet and wasn't answered. It's possible that the devs are not allowed to give out that sort of info.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:59 pm

Whatever you need someone to do, I will do it, as long as my schoolwork doesn't get in the way.
But it really shouldn't, so sign me up =)

Loser Laili

RafiCat
Crew

Mega Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:27 pm
Does z!spot have affiliates?

I'm also a member of the Helping Hands guild, and we are discussing how we may be able to be part of the pride week as a guild...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:47 am

Given recent developments, we're planning on picking this idea back up and running with it, if we can. Anyone who's willing to help is asked to - we and zOMG! need your help. The current situation is pretty dire, and we're seeking out ways we can help fix it.

As for affiliates: yes. More people, more interest, more help, and more word-of-mouth are just about everything we need. If anyone knows of any group that would be interested in affiliating with z!Spot, you can have them contact one of our Vice Captains (Myself, Sensual Soul, or LuvTyler13) or have them contact or beloved Captain (z_Spot). Similarly, you're free to let us know who we should be contacting, and we'll try to handle it from there... sweatdrop

Red Kutai

Benevolent Codger

Freiflug

Punching Bag

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:34 am
Those ideas sound pretty fun. I'd love to participate. c:  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:47 pm
Thank you. We'll be working in the test forum and will need banners and signature art (Linkable ones), as well as setting up a time table for the events and games. We really could use help. I have to work and have been ill and still get tired pretty fast but I'll do what I can. ---Sen  

z_Spot
Captain

Ungoliath

Distinct Warlord

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:34 pm
Freiflug
Those ideas sound pretty fun. I'd love to participate. c:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:22 pm
@ Red Kutai : LGTYYY is interested in affiliating with z!Spot, and Diff says she has pmed you twice and gotten no response...  

RafiCat
Crew

Mega Hoarder

Red Kutai

Benevolent Codger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:26 pm
RafiCat
@ Red Kutai : LGTYYY is interested in affiliating with z!Spot, and Diff says she has pmed you twice and gotten no response...

gonk

I do recall those PMs, but I had utterly forgotten about them until you mentioned it. Unfortunately they came at a time when I was fairly regularly preoccupied, so while I read them, I never found the time to type up an apt response. I'm something of a slow typist. sweatdrop

Still, no excuse; I'll get to responding to her as soon as I can, and we'll see what we can do to work together... 3nodding

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:35 pm
Ooooh, Rafi and I can probably host the games and stuff, right Rafi? biggrin I hosted the "Just for Fun" stuff during Awareness Week just to do it. You remember? The races and the I Am gathering?  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Red Kutai

Benevolent Codger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:12 pm

Something a friend of mine pointed out in another thread, as I was whining complaining venting: given the current cash-dependent situation that zOMG! is in, we ought to give a little focus to the Gaia Offers page - even those who can't afford Cash can still help zOMG! meet its goals. Not sure of anything more specific than that, but I'm rather sleepy, and I'll work on polishing my thoughts when I'm... Not so sleepy... gonk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:48 pm
Different...Very.
Ooooh, Rafi and I can probably host the games and stuff, right Rafi? biggrin I hosted the "Just for Fun" stuff during Awareness Week just to do it. You remember? The races and the I Am gathering?

Right Rafi?  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Sensual Soul
Vice Captain

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:41 pm
Hey everyone. I've made another thread with a list of what we could do each day. I've aim for one in game and one in forum event each day. I don't want to take on too much if there isn't the help to cover itj, but would love to do three if we can find the help and the ideas!

Thanks helping ! Red will keep us organized since I tend to jump about a bit. xp

Start poking me if you need to talk. My Skype user is sensualsoul1 if you want to chat one on one other then that post in these two threads. We really need art for the headers and for some signature banners (Clickable ones would be great) so if you know of anyone? You really don't want me to have to come up with something. >.< I really do suck at it!  
z!Spot zOMG! Supporters!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff