Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
2012 - What do you think? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

2012 is...
  Oh it's on like donky kong!
  Well it could happen... then again it may not happen...
  It's pure rubbish! Life will go on like normal.. silly huma---person.
View Results

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:23 am
Absolutely nothing in my life has anything to do with Mayans. Their calendar is completely irrelevant to me.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:26 am
Rose Singato
I agree.

Off-topic, and I apologize, but..

Can I politely ask you not to use 'Blessed Be' in your signature file? The words are very specific ritual language, and it lessens them to use them out-of-context as you have. They aren't a parting or a greeting, and really shouldn't be used outside of ritual.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:50 am
Morgandria
Rose Singato
I agree.

Off-topic, and I apologize, but..

Can I politely ask you not to use 'Blessed Be' in your signature file? The words are very specific ritual language, and it lessens them to use them out-of-context as you have. They aren't a parting or a greeting, and really shouldn't be used outside of ritual.
A lot of 'people' use it as a greeting.

Ontopic;
The movie sucks, and 2012 is bullshit.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:20 am
Dianda Panda
[A lot of 'people' use it as a greeting.

A lot of 'people' use it wrongly, then. Just because something is popular, doesn't make it right. That's a logical fallacy known as an appeal to popularity.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:23 am
Morgandria
Dianda Panda

A lot of 'people' use it wrongly, then. Just because something is popular, doesn't make it right. That's a logical fallacy known as an appeal to popularity.

I don't think we should make such a big deal out of it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:56 am
I put it as my signature as greeting. But yes, I'll get ride of it. Sorry. sweatdrop  

Lady Keigh

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:13 am
Dianda Panda
Morgandria
Dianda Panda

I don't think we should make such a big deal out of it.

I'm not. I only asked that she didn't use the sacred language of my religion incorrectly.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:15 am
Rose Singato
I put it as my signature as greeting. But yes, I'll get ride of it. Sorry. sweatdrop

No worries. Most people don't know that it has a specific context within Wicca, simply because they're not initiates and don't have access to that context. Thank you for changing it - I appreciate it.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Lady Keigh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:35 am
It's fine. I'm still learning about Wicca myself, and i appreciate the help. ^.^

And who knows if the world will end? If it does, it's just Mother Earth telling us our time has come.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:30 am
I'm kinda on the borderline with 2012. I don't have any close ties with Mayan culture, but who knows whether it will or will not come true? I certainly don't. So, I'm on the side of it may or may not happen. If so, then that's just how it's meant to go. But I do think the movie about it is a load of crap.  

IileyahWithTheStars

*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games