Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
I have a few questions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:26 am
Azareas Aquarinus
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

I'm not sure what Initiation is, but now I have an idea.
The initiation is the joining of the religion and becoming a Priest to the Lord and Lady.

Quote:
I know fertility is important in life.

It is- but there are things that are more important to focus on in different parts of our lives.

I know that, and I've just read a ritual: http://wuzzle.org/cave/initiation.html

It's not totally dissimilar to others written to give an idea of Wiccan initiation. But it's a lot shorter, and it doesn't have the scourging as a part of it. It's lacking a lot. I think the Farrars wrote an initiation ritual that gives a good idea of what a Wiccan initiation is like - but it isn't Wiccan itself, as Wiccan rituals are secret.

Here's a little tip for future web-browsing: when someone uses a background that obnoxious, particularly coupled with using a sacred symbol for a text-break, it's probably not a great source.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:37 am
Azareas, may I ask why Wicca has so much of your attention? What about it specifically draws you?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:17 am
@Sanguina: I guessed that, since it seemed a little... off. And thanks for the advice.

@Esiris: My friend (Kayla) told me some stuff, like certain spells she did, the gods, and the ways of a Wiccan. She got me hooked but refused to tell me things. I guess I like how wiccans see nature as a magical force, and that its always there.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:33 am
Azareas Aquarinus
@Sanguina: I guessed that, since it seemed a little... off. And thanks for the advice.

The ritual itself isn't really "off" in the sense that a lot of it is vaguely similar, it's just missing a great deal.

This is the initiation ritual by the Farrars that I've read. But I do warn you now, some covens don't like you to read this sort of thing prior to initiation because they feel it messes a bit with your experience of initiation. So read or don't, as you will.

Quote:
@Esiris: My friend (Kayla) told me some stuff, like certain spells she did, the gods, and the ways of a Wiccan. She got me hooked but refused to tell me things. I guess I like how wiccans see nature as a magical force, and that its always there.

If you give us a few specifics of things that really caught your interest and imagination, we might be able to help you find alternative religious witchcrafts that you can study alongside books on Wicca until you're old enough for initiation - if by that stage you still seek initiation.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:38 am
Azareas Aquarinus

Is your friend your age?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:29 pm
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

Is your friend your age?

No, she's sixteen. She believes herself to have been initiated by the gods.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:30 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Azareas Aquarinus

The ritual itself isn't really "off" in the sense that a lot of it is vaguely similar, it's just missing a great deal.

This is the initiation ritual by the Farrars that I've read. But I do warn you now, some covens don't like you to read this sort of thing prior to initiation because they feel it messes a bit with your experience of initiation. So read or don't, as you will.

Quote:

If you give us a few specifics of things that really caught your interest and imagination, we might be able to help you find alternative religious witchcrafts that you can study alongside books on Wicca until you're old enough for initiation - if by that stage you still seek initiation.

I read it. It seems like a tough experience.

Well, I'm interested in Wicca itself and I'm not really sure what you mean by "part" since I don't have a large knowledge.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:56 pm
Azareas Aquarinus

Ah... that isn't generally considered to be possible. There are several problems with the idea.

In general, "initiation" refers to acceptance into a group or religion. There are initiators, and initiatees. While I understand her perspective, and the concept of an initiation by the gods or the spirits, that's a personal thing - not one that transfers to our world in terms of being accepted into a group.

For Wicca, she can't call herself a Wiccan on that basis - regardless of what experience she has had with deities.

For that matter... the gods of Wicca are introduced to one upon initiation. While she may indeed have had contact with the gods of Wicca, she doesn't know they are the same gods as those worshipped in Wicca, and has no way of knowing until she has been initiated into Wicca.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:58 pm
Azareas Aquarinus

Well, I'm interested in Wicca itself and I'm not really sure what you mean by "part" since I don't have a large knowledge.

We're trying to ascertain what it is about Wicca itself that has you hooked. There may be other religions that provide the same thing.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:08 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Azareas Aquarinus

We're trying to ascertain what it is about Wicca itself that has you hooked. There may be other religions that provide the same thing.

Sometimes what people like about Wicca isn't part of Wicca too. sweatdrop  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:40 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Azareas Aquarinus

Ah... that isn't generally considered to be possible. There are several problems with the idea.

In general, "initiation" refers to acceptance into a group or religion. There are initiators, and initiatees. While I understand her perspective, and the concept of an initiation by the gods or the spirits, that's a personal thing - not one that transfers to our world in terms of being accepted into a group.

For Wicca, she can't call herself a Wiccan on that basis - regardless of what experience she has had with deities.

For that matter... the gods of Wicca are introduced to one upon initiation. While she may indeed have had contact with the gods of Wicca, she doesn't know they are the same gods as those worshipped in Wicca, and has no way of knowing until she has been initiated into Wicca.

I see. Well, she's done a lot of practises and for some reason is in a coven.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:42 pm
Azareas Aquarinus

Well, if it is a Wiccan coven she would have been initiated into it anyway. It's still very unlikely though, as she's so young.

If they didn't initiate her, they're definitely not a Wiccan coven. Most covens floating around are covens of witches, but not Wiccans.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:43 pm
I suppose I really am interested in the spells and things. And also I adore nature in many ways. The ocean being my favourite.

I also would like some help on casting spells for protection and healing. I know there are different types of healing: Physical, emotional, Mental etc.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:45 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Azareas Aquarinus

Well, if it is a Wiccan coven she would have been initiated into it anyway. It's still very unlikely though, as she's so young.

If they didn't initiate her, they're definitely not a Wiccan coven. Most covens floating around are covens of witches, but not Wiccans.

Well, as I said earlier, what she's told me is very little. So I'm presuming she's currently in a witch coven and waiting and studying until she gets into a wiccan coven.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:46 pm
Azareas Aquarinus
I suppose I really am interested in the spells and things. And also I adore nature in many ways. The ocean being my favourite.

I also would like some help on casting spells for protection and healing. I know there are different types of healing: Physical, emotional, Mental etc.

If you're interested in spells and nature, you'll find it in many forms of religious witchcraft. Wicca is one among many. Most do not require initiation and are available to minors.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff