Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eeey I'm a Gaga
  THEY BROKE MY SWAN!! I NEED BACK UP!
  Mongoose loves Nick Swardson.
View Results

Rome The Arsonist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:11 pm
That's usually how it goes - I honestly couldn't tell you how many of my favorite books have become TERRIBLE movies. It's unfortunate that I can no longer even LOOK at half of the authors I used to be able to.

Of course, the book market is starting to become saturated with the same mindless dreck. Look at the twilight series - no offense to anyone who enjoys it, but if you're going to write a fan-service fantasy, don't attempt to be scientific only to fail miserably when explaining how vampires and werewolves work. Everything about Twilight makes me want to throw up :X  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:21 pm

Oh god. Twilight is completely horrible. I don't know how it got so fricken popular. One of my faaaaavorite authors bashed that vampirey thing pretty bad. He called it oversexed and just a phase. And that hopefully it'd die in a pit of fire. I mean there's no problem with adding sexual tension into literature or what not but I mean, there's really no... plot... in twilight. It's just FANSERVICE DUR HUUUR. Crap, I'm pretty sure there's some dirty novels my mom owns that has better material than that teenybop crap. Personally for me it's a hoooorrrible way to idealize a romance! I mean yeah it's fantastic that you got two males pining over you but I mean... e___e what the hell is that supposed to say to young impressionable teenage girls? Get all the boys to love you and then fight to the death for you? Or just switch back and forth between them as you please? hussy.... >__<

crazy_mongoose
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

4,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Junior Trader 100

Rome The Arsonist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:55 pm
You.... Are... My... Effing... Hero heart

Fo'real. I've been a twilight hater since I discovered it's existence, there are so many loopholes, paradoxes, plot-holes and just overall nonsense! Everything you just said? I can't agree more.

I really hope it is just a phase and doesn't reach Harry Potter proportions (nothing against HP, I'm not a fan, but I don't think of it as such slanderous garbage. Fantasy that actually sticks to fantasy. [of course, the thing that ruins it the most is the culture/fans who are obsessed to the point that they LARP it up >_>])

It has everything required to just be a terrible fad, but unfortunately - not just teenyboppers are falling into it. I remember seeing this a while ago and face-palming so hard I had to go to the hospital:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ARRRGGGHHH I have to go now, I just did it again. Later!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:19 am
I liked it when moira did morrighan from darkstalkers <3  

KuroAkaNeko

Fashionable Raider

35,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

GrimlyInsane
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:44 pm
Motoko!!!!! I just DLed Ghost in the Shell =]  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:52 am
Rome The Arsonist
You.... Are... My... Effing... Hero heart

Fo'real. I've been a twilight hater since I discovered it's existence, there are so many loopholes, paradoxes, plot-holes and just overall nonsense! Everything you just said? I can't agree more.

I really hope it is just a phase and doesn't reach Harry Potter proportions (nothing against HP, I'm not a fan, but I don't think of it as such slanderous garbage. Fantasy that actually sticks to fantasy. [of course, the thing that ruins it the most is the culture/fans who are obsessed to the point that they LARP it up >_>])

It has everything required to just be a terrible fad, but unfortunately - not just teenyboppers are falling into it. I remember seeing this a while ago and face-palming so hard I had to go to the hospital:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ARRRGGGHHH I have to go now, I just did it again. Later!

I'll say I was very against HP cause of it's retarded fanbase. My boyfriend got me to watch the movies and read some of the books. I'm very much against Rowling because a lot of what HP started off as is what Neil Gaiman created with Tim Hunter in the Books of Magic. Of course she kinda went off on a tangent, but the basis is pretty much the same. 12 year old boy that has the potential to be the greatest wizard ever.
However, Twilight is a very no go for me. The movies are pitifully acted (and all in shades of grey blue... not my cup of tea) and sullies what I was brought up to believe about vampires being spooky, scary, feared, immortal, and mysterious... Not mysterious, sparkly, and perverted.

GrimlyInsane
Motoko!!!!! I just DLed Ghost in the Shell =]
I finally managed to watch GitS recently. Just the movies. I've barely cracked SAC. sad It's on Netflix. smile

crazy_mongoose
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

4,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Junior Trader 100
Live, guild! LIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash