Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
I told my grandparents I wanted to practise Wicca Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

violentraine

IRL Bloodsucker

7,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:08 am
Azareas Aquarinus
That sucks D: I'm sure you won't go to Hell.

Well, I thought I'd say this to lift your spirits:

I have a friend, who claims to be a Satanist, but, his reasons and views on Christianity are very agreeable and understandable. He said something about the bible stating that the world was created 10,000 years ago, which clearly isn't true, since we have fossils dating back to 100 millennia. He also said Satanism has more scientific based views, therefore making it more understandable.
Zorn, Zorn, Zorn, Zorn, Zorn...!

I know so. I just don't like her anymore.

And interesting. I never thought of osmething like that. But I do agree that the bible is "evil". In the old bible, "God" said it was okay to rape a woman if you want to marry her. >.>

... Blut, Blut, Blut, Blut, Blut!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:44 pm
Kisax127

And interesting. I never thought of osmething like that. But I do agree that the bible is "evil". In the old bible, "God" said it was okay to rape a woman if you want to marry her. >.>

I think what he said was "if you rape a woman who isn't married, you have to marry her". I'm fairly sure he wasn't saying rape was okay.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:37 pm
Dianda Panda
Azareas Aquarinus
Dianda Panda
That's a good thing!

My parents wouldn't make such a big fuss about it.

That's good ^^

Haha, Yea I guess.

I think they figured it out already a little bit when I started buying stones and tarot cards and incense.

But my mother likes those things too, so that's a big plus.

They would probably say "Whatever makes you happy".

Lol. My mum went crazy today. I bought 4 candles. (The ones that represent the 4 elements, blue, red, yellow and green). And a big white one, and a pack of incent sticks. Which all smell lovely biggrin Vanilla. Moon, Jasmine and Musk are my faves biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:38 pm
Kisax127
Azareas Aquarinus
That sucks D: I'm sure you won't go to Hell.

Well, I thought I'd say this to lift your spirits:

I have a friend, who claims to be a Satanist, but, his reasons and views on Christianity are very agreeable and understandable. He said something about the bible stating that the world was created 10,000 years ago, which clearly isn't true, since we have fossils dating back to 100 millennia. He also said Satanism has more scientific based views, therefore making it more understandable.

People say the Bible was made by man, but I disagree.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:42 pm
Viz_22
Mum tried to tell me that I was better off being a Druid. She didn't like the idea of Wicca, I have no idea what her view of Wicca was and still don't exactly know but she doesn't care as long I don't do anything "voodoo". Although, when I was still trying to find where I fit years ago, she suggested Wicca, but when I told her that they deal with magic she said I'm definitely not Wiccan. Guess she has/had a problem with magic.

Dad...I'm pretty sure he doesn't care. When I was in the ER a few months ago and I was returning to my room after an X-Ray or something I heard a doctor ask what religion I was and I heard him say Wiccan. I felt really happy about that because when I told Mum, she said she would have said Christian. Don't know why she would have when clearly I'd be breaking oh so many rules.

Although I wonder what my Dad's mother would think....She's a Catholic and doesn't really like my sister because she wasn't baptized Catholic. I'm interested as to what she would think....

Well, my mum and dad don't really mind. As long as I'm not harming anyone or dealing in black magic. My mum thinks I'll have nightmares 'cause I study Wicca. Then I said: All the crap on TV is a load of s**t. It's all mixed up and hardly any of it is the real stuff.

Your Grandma hates your sister because she wasn't baptised? That's... weird O_o  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:44 pm
Morgandria
Azareas Aquarinus
Yeah. I'll tell them I'm into practising wicca, but they won't know what I will do and stuff. It's like letting them know how I do a religion, which I wouldn't do.

My mum thinks it's weird when I light candles and incense and turn the electric lights off in my room. Well, I enjoy candle light more than electric light. She thinks it's "funny". Plus, she knows I have spells, and she sometimes jokes: Cast a spell on my boss". (She hates him). So I say: A hex or curse? I'm not capable of that. Wiccans don't harm others with their magic, if so, it comes back to them, threefold.

I then told her the rede, which took a while for her to understand.

Nothing you've mentioned there is specifically Wiccan. The Rede in particular is not specifically Wiccan.

You may want to review what you think Wicca is against what it is factually.

I know the rede isn't just "Wiccan", I was stating that's what I aim on practising. Not Paganism or another Pagan religion.

And I know that none of that stuff is specifically wiccan, but that stuff is used in ritual.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:45 pm
Morgandria
Azareas Aquarinus
Sanguina Cruenta
That's good!

I take it you didn't correct them and say there's no such thing as christian Wicca? Lol

Actually, I did. But they were a little.. Huh? About it. They must know it isn't evil. Maybe they've studied it. Or they just know. My Grandma said that a Wiccan back in the old days when witches were burnt, was hung just for doing a public ritual. I guess my Grandma knows it's about nature and the 5 Elements.

Back in the old days? Like...the 1940's or 1950's?

Wicca isn't that old. Likewise not all witches are Wiccan.

I don't know. It's what my grandma said.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff