Welcome to Gaia! ::

It Was A Dark And Stormy Night

Back to Guilds

Discuss books, poetry and the craft of writing 

Tags: reading, writing, writers, poetry, books 

Reply Why is a Raven like a Writing Desk?
Introduce yourself Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dr Tabitha

Witty Junior

6,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:36 am
Preferred Moniker: Eve
Authors Dear to Mine Heart: J.K.Rowling, Amy Merdith, Joanna Nadin and Sienna Mercer
Writing Interests: Fantasy (kind of dark fantasy)
Other Personal Details of Note: I like to chat to people of random interest but with intellect too.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:29 pm
Preferred Moniker:Brenn or Emily
Authors Dear to Mine Heart:Brandon Sanderson, Jeri Smith-Ready, Suzanne Collins, Stephanie Laurens
Writing Interests: Social settings like schools, or other events; western settings, and occasionally fantasy type things
Other Personal Details of Note: I am a student, and work. I just earned my Associate of Arts degree. Though I am only 20 I have been through a lot. If you want to know anything more about me just feel free to ask.  

Brenn3

BotanicalPoison

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:02 am
Preferred Moniker:
On the forums I really prefer something personal from you guys. My last forum they called me Alpha, though I've also been called Botanical, BP, Poison, or any derivation of my handle. You guys can pick a unique one for me if you want!

27 as of this friday; good lord I'm getting up there in age. So for the sake of this argument and to make myself feel better I'm going to say 22.

Authors Dear to Mine Heart:
Kevin J. Anderson (The Saga of Seven Suns and Terra Incognita, to be specific), James Rollins (i.e. Deep Fathom, Sandstorm, Ice Hunt, etc.), and the late Michael Crichton (Jurassic Park, Congo, Sphere, Airframe, etc.)

Writing Interests:
Most of my writing is a unique blend of a lot of different things I've loved reading and playing. There are Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Steampunk, and Surreal (to be fair, I know that "Surreal" falls under most if not all of the priors, but I couldn't think of anything that reflects on the genius of the creators of Myst and the surreal locations they created, so ... I'm going to go ahead and call it Surreal, if that's alright. ^.^)

Other Personal Details of Note:
I'm currently working to become a radio DJ, and I'm preparing my first forray into a podcast. I'm very proud of the work I've done, and I feel like I have a chance. Who knows, maybe you'll all hear me someday on the radio and hold the first of a seven book set that I'm working on called The Hearts of the Elements. Anyway, look forward to seeing you all around the forums!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:04 am
Preferred Moniker: DHP... But feel free to call me just D or Dragoon
Authors Dear to Mine Heart: None.. I give more preference to the content... but if i have to choose one... I think I will go with J.K. Rowling
Writing Interests: Angst/Hurt and Comfort/Mystery... In short the genres which explore the hidden sides of a human or any other race... blaugh
Other Personal Details of Note: I like to listen to music (who don't), reading Harry Potter fanfictions and coding and learning about programming languages and different things...
And also playing Visual Novel and RPG games...  

DragoonHP

Lyrical--Wolf

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:51 pm
Preferred Moniker: Some call me... Tim. (Naw. It's Lyric or Wolfie, whichever you prefer.)
Authors Dear to Mine Heart: Tolkein, J.K. Rowling, Markus Zusak, Tamora Pierce, Francesca Lia Block, Natalie Goldberg, Emily Dickinson, Kara provost, William Shakespeare, Dave Barry, Garth Nix, Edgar Allen Poe, Lewis Carroll, and many many more.
Writing Interests: Poetry, fantasy, science fiction, reflection, and occaisionally realistic fiction when I feel like it.
Other Personal Details of Note: I'm a sensible scatterbrain and a cheerful pessimist.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:33 am
Preferred Moniker: Tailerr
Authors Dear to Mine Heart: J.K. Rowling, Rick Riordan, James Patterson
Writing Interests: Short stories, dramas, adventure (yesssss), greek mythology
Other Personal Details of Note: Ahaha.  

tai-lerr--x

Dapper Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200

xanthofile

Versatile Streaker

10,175 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:54 pm
Preferred Moniker: Xan or Xanthofile

Authors Dear to Mine Heart: Stephen King, Poppy Z. Brite, Lynn Flewelling (Nightrunner series), Cinda Williams Chima, Jean M. Auel (Earth's Children series), SAPayne, Plumblossom (of FP), Brian Jacques, Richard Adams, and of course, Piers Anthony.

Writing Interests: i write mainly slash fiction (which spans all genres but centers on homosexual characters), although i have written poetry in the past. most of my work is based in 'realism', which is my way of getting out of creating elaborate back settings and allows me to show off my talent for natural dialogue.

Other Personal Details of Note: i have been writing for over ten years but have only had an online presense since '05. my moniker comes from the Xanth series by Piers Anthony, and i am under the same name on Fictionpress, Tumblr, and y!gallery. i am also currently in my first semester of graduate courses, which is stupidly not for writing.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:39 am
Preferred Moniker: Caitlin, Corabella, or Cora.
Authors Dear to Mine Heart: Anne Rice, P.C. Cast, Maggie Striefvater, Emily Dickinson, and a few others.
Writing Interests: Whatever pops into my head that I think I can run with, at least for a while. I guess fantasy would be a good description.
Other Personal Details of Note: I've started close to 300 stories and only finished about five or six.  

Corabella

Kani Jalo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:33 pm
Preferred Moniker: Ishilied, Ish, or any derivation thereof
Authors Dear to Mine Heart: Poe, Shakespeare, Asimov, Terry Brooks, Piers Anthony, Robert Asprin, and many others
Writing Interests: Various forms of poetry, short stories and novelettes, especially in the sci-fi fantasy genres.
Other Personal Details of Note: I am very interested in pretty much everything related to the humanities and science.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:31 pm
Preferred Moniker: Lance, Hey, a*****e!, or That's Him, Officer!
Authors Dear to Mine Heart: David McCullough, Robert Greene, Dr. Hilda Roderick Ellis Davidson, Piers Anthony, James Clavell (whose books I haven't read in a while).
Writing Interests: Fiction, poetry, incoherent ramblings, and mayhaps a journal or two I've laying about. The one thing I tend to dabble in more than anything else is light fantasy (think light beer - all foam, no calories), though to be honest I'm still in the process of poking about.
Other Personal Details of Note: I have fairly awful discipline in terms of writing, though I have no qualms with reading voraciously. I took a turn away from fiction quite a while ago, and I'm somewhat glad I did as most of what I see coming out is, to put it lightly, trash. I've recently found I get rather cantankerous if I haven't written anything in a while; this can mean anything from an actual piece to simply getting into a discussion with someone on Gaia.

I joined a bit ago, but I can't believe I just got around to poking my nose in.  

Lance Kibagari

Mads Hatter

Dapper Dabbler

10,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:38 pm
Preferred Moniker: Mads Hatter, or simply Mads.
Authors Dear to Mine Heart: Max Brooks, David Wells, Steve Dublanica, Jane Austen
Writing Interests: Fiction and non-fiction. With the fiction, I do tend to lean towards supernatural plot lines or fairy tales. I have tried my hand at poetry, but that rarely happens as I'm often not pleased with the result.
Other Personal Details of Note: I belonged to a writers group at my high school, but now find myself without one, leaving me missing my home away from home. I have a love affair with beautiful notebooks, the kind you get at Barnes and Nobles, and only wished I wrote in them more. I refer to my characters as real people at times, and tend to quote them, despite nobody knowing what the heck I'm talking about.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:15 am
Preferred Moniker: Zoten
Authors Dear to Mine Heart: Anne McCaffery, P.C. Cast, JRR Tolkien, Richard Dawkins, Chistopher Hitchens, and a few others.
Writing Interests: Generally sci-fi and urban fantasy. I have a project in the works for the latter, I don't know if it will ever see the light of day.
Other Personal Details of Note: Atheist, Currently serving in the US Navy.  

Zoten

Distinct Explorer

4,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
Why is a Raven like a Writing Desk?

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers