Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.
A.P.A.S: Got a magic/paranormal problem? Post here! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rioto_Kish

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:40 pm
I've noticed no one's posted in here for a while, but I thought I might as well ask a question, in case anyone has an answer.

I've been learning what I can about the gods for a while now, and I've come across some strong coincidences. I've asked for help (I even made a thread on it) and it was suggested that I try to communicate with Wepwawet and Seshat.

Now, I recently told my father that I'm pagan, and while he accepted this (YAY!) and told me that I can read, buy and collect anything to do with paganism and magic, I can't practice any magic while I live in my parents' house.

I can understand that, and I'm respecting his wishes, but when Banu suggested I contact Wepwawet and Seshat, I realised that the whole 'no magic' thing is going to make communication a WHOLE lot harder...

So, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to contact the gods without breaking my father's rule? I thought about practicing outside the house, but it's too dangerous where I live to go out by yourself. And if someone saw me...well, let's not go there. sweatdrop

Any advice would be great!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:01 am
Unfortunately you can't disrespect your father. But you could try explaining to him what magic really is. You could tell him how it works, and what its for.

Another thing I suggest is that you try communication through meditation. Its not technically magic. And when done right, meditation can also help in other areas of your life, as well.

I'm really sorry I can't be of more help. But if you can't go outside to do it, and you can't cast inside, meditation is really the best bet for communication with anything. Including the Gods.

Winter Black
Crew

Rioto_Kish

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:16 pm
I don't want to disrespect my dad, especially since he's been so accepting of my beliefs. Believe me, causing waves is the last thing I want to do... sweatdrop

I did try explaining what magic is, but he is still worried that I might get in over my head and allow something in the house that isn't friendly. I think that if I did explain magic and paganism more, he might let me practice, but my mother wouldn't let me, as she thinks that magic is devil worship. Seeing as it's mum's house, no amount of explaining is going to get me permission to practice.

I thought about meditating to communicate, but I'm not too sure how to go about it. I'm terrified that I'll meditate for ages and not get a response... how will I know if the gods are actually communicating with me, and I'm not imagining it? (sorry, very old fear of mine)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:23 am
You won't be able to get in touch with the right away, to be sure. You'll have to practise at it. But you'll know when they try to contact you.
My suggestion is to buy a guided meditation and practise with that until you can remember enough to do it on your own.

I'm sorry your mother is so clammed up about your religion... Its sad to see parents who don't want to understand. But, in the end, we persevere. When you have your own place, you no longer have to conform. Always remember that, its something to look forward to.

Winter Black
Crew

Rioto_Kish

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:53 pm
A guided meditation? I never thought of that-thank you! 3nodding

It is a little sad (and frustrating) that my mother isn't as accepting of paganism as my dad, but I'm teachig myself to not let it affect me. I respect her beliefs, and I understand that while I live in her house, I have to go by her rules.

I might be moving out sometime this year though, because I live so far away from university, and in the end, the cost of transport each week is probably about the same cost as living on campus. So, although it's not definite yet, moving out sometime in the future is something I am looking forward to.

I did meditate last night, and something did happen, though I'm not sure what. I've read somewhere on a forum that faeries appear as little lights to some people, but when I was meditating, there were millions of small , white lights that I could see. Maybe I was imagining it, because when I tried to pull myself out of my meditative state, they faded, but when I repeated the process, they were there again. Hopefully, the lights weren't just my imagination and I am getting better at meditation....hopefully...

Thank you again for your help!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:17 pm
Sorry, I have another question (feel free to kick me out when necessary)

I only remembered this just then. A few nights ago, I grounded and shielded, and then meditated. I kind of went into a strange half dreaming/half awake drifting off state.

In the 'dream' a man who looked like a Native American chief came walking up to me. He looked a little older than 50 and he was wearing a headdress similar to this except the ends of the headdress were about a foot and a half shorter. He opened his mouth to speak when I cut him off, saying 'I'm sorry, but I won't understand you.' He looked a little annoyed at this, and began to walk off. I called to him 'Stop! Wait, please.' and he turned back to face me.

I asked him what his name was. He smiled and turned to his left, where a huge golden disc with the image of the sun on it was hung, the top and bottom of the disc were attached to ropes. He grabbed the closest edge of the disc, and spun it, so the disc was spinning really quickly and the image of the sun flickered. He smiled and then left.

I've been looking up Native American sun gods, but all I came up with was Shakura, and there was no description of his appearance.  

Rioto_Kish

Rioto_Kish

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:04 pm
If it helps any, I had this dream...uh, thingy on Lammas night.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:27 am
Ok. Lammas is the same day as, I believe Lughnasadh. Yes, they are. Now, its a grain festival, but it also honors a Sun God, named Lugh (hence Lughnasadh). (Loo and Loo-nah-sah.) This could have something to do with you following a solar diety. However, since both of the Gods you have mentioned are technically lunar dieties, this doesn't seem to make sense.

In the end, all I can really tell you is that in a dream the sun is a good omen. It represents tranquility, peace of mind, enlightenment, fortune, goodwill, and insight. I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

Winter Black
Crew

Rioto_Kish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:41 pm
Don't worry-that information was very helpful, thank you! 3nodding So both Wepwawet and Seshat are lunar deities? I never knew that. I don't have much information on either deity (especially Seshat) unfortunately...

I've been looking up Native American sun gods, but apart from Shakura, I've come up goose egg. I'll keep on looking though. At least seeing the sun god is a good omen...now, I've just got to figure out who he is...

Thanks again!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:24 pm
Aye, it was no problem. I'm just glad to help. ^_^

Ask me anything, any time. I'm here to help.

Winter Black
Crew

Rioto_Kish

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:31 pm
I never knew looking for information on one god was so difficult... xp I don't think there is another sun god except for Shakura in Native American religions. There is the sun goddess, Shakaru, but not much information on her either...however, they both seem to enjoy the Pawnee Sun Dance Festival (bit too torturous(sp?) for my liking)

Are there any dangers with communicating (or in my case: attempting to communicate) with gods who were celebrated with a form of human torture?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:17 pm
To my knowledge the only danger would be if you were making a human sacrifice to them. You can try it, but only if you feel safe doing it.
Personally, I feel there's no harm contacting a diety if you know enough about them. But contacting a diety you can't find any info on might be a little dangerous.
If you still feel pulled towards this Native Sun God, go ahead. I see no problems with the Native Gods, most specifically the ones who we know about. If it wer a Trickster God, I would say no, but a Sun God?
Still, be careful.

Winter Black
Crew

Rioto_Kish

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:47 pm
Human sacrifice? eek Yikes...no, the only thing really worrying me about Shakura/Shakaru is that they enjoyed the Sun Dance Festival, where men would be suspended from poles by strips of hide attached to wooden stakes, which were driven through their chest. The men would circle the poles, following the sun's movements across the sky, until dusk or until the stakes were ripped out of their chest...ouch...

eek Just read up on a ceremony performed by the Pawnee (regarding the Morning Star) and it is very violent. A girl from an enemy village would be killed ritually, her blood smeared on the priest's face, and the falling blood caught on dried meat owned by her captor. (I won't go into the full details, but I think that it has something to do with the men symbolically mating with the girl. She became the embodiment of Evening Star and the men Morning Star)

Okay...I don't think I'll be contacting Shakura anytime soon-I don't know enough about him (or anything else for that matter sweatdrop ) to be sure I'm not going to get myself into trouble. I would like to know why he appeared to me, but I don't want to get into something I won't be able to handle.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:19 pm
Mmm. A wise descision. 3nodding  

Winter Black
Crew

born2rock16

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:12 pm
do you know where I can go to find out about witchcraft with no real religious ties? I mean I like paganism, but don't want to jump into anything right now...  
The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games