Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:22 pm
Smokestack Lightning
Fresnel
Smokestack Lightning
Fresnel
I think you missed one of the key characteristics of the Desert Eagle. It's heavy, it's powerful, it holds seven rounds, it's huge, it kicks like a monster, it costs more than a small car, and it jams a lot.
rofl

A Mateba costs much more than a DEagle and Mateba fails because it has this nasty little issue of needing a specific amount of pressure to operate the action meaning if there's a cartridge that's loaded with less powder it isn't going to cycle.

A .357 DEagle will always be more reliable than a .357 Mateba.
After watching my shooting buddy stovepipe his .44 DEagle seven or eight times in a box of fifty rounds, I wouldn't even trust a DEagle for putting holes in paper. Lots of guns need a specific pressure. Not many jam once a magazine.
That's because it was a .44 DEagle, notorious for epic failure unless you feed .44 AMP ammo into it. A .357 DEagle works perfectly fine as long as you don't limp hand it.

I wouldn't place my heart in Mateba. Their parts are no longer made and it's too damn expensive. It doesn't have the research and development that .357 DEagle had.
.44AMP is rimless, how would you expect it to even pretend to work in a pistol designed for the rimmed .44MAG? Not to mention working BETTER.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:34 pm
Fresnel
Smokestack Lightning
Fresnel
Smokestack Lightning
Fresnel
I think you missed one of the key characteristics of the Desert Eagle. It's heavy, it's powerful, it holds seven rounds, it's huge, it kicks like a monster, it costs more than a small car, and it jams a lot.
rofl

A Mateba costs much more than a DEagle and Mateba fails because it has this nasty little issue of needing a specific amount of pressure to operate the action meaning if there's a cartridge that's loaded with less powder it isn't going to cycle.

A .357 DEagle will always be more reliable than a .357 Mateba.
After watching my shooting buddy stovepipe his .44 DEagle seven or eight times in a box of fifty rounds, I wouldn't even trust a DEagle for putting holes in paper. Lots of guns need a specific pressure. Not many jam once a magazine.
That's because it was a .44 DEagle, notorious for epic failure unless you feed .44 AMP ammo into it. A .357 DEagle works perfectly fine as long as you don't limp hand it.

I wouldn't place my heart in Mateba. Their parts are no longer made and it's too damn expensive. It doesn't have the research and development that .357 DEagle had.
.44AMP is rimless, how would you expect it to even pretend to work in a pistol designed for the rimmed .44MAG? Not to mention working BETTER.
I would've expected the DEagle to always have a bottlenecked chamber but yes I'd imagine the extrator would only work for rims now that you mention it.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:08 pm
Invoking necro rather than starting a new thread.

Went into a local gun shop to find they took delivery on the 2" Rhino in black. I handled it. The photos don't do this gun justice! What looks like a massive stretch for your trigger finger is an illusion. My trigger finger extended nearly a full inch beyond the front of the trigger guard!!!

It felt great! Light and well balanced. I'm so putting money aside for one of these in a 4" barrel and black frame.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:16 am
Have the 4" models hit the States yet? I know they were supposed to this year, but I hadn't heard if that had happened yet or not.

IMHO, the gun would look worlds better if the vent rib were extended just a tad so the top of the frame and rib were at the same height. That dip just looks wrong. It's still a great design functionally though, but that makes it take a big hit aesthetically.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:27 pm
What's that Russian top break .357?  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:19 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
The MP-412 Rex?

Yeah, I want one too.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:20 pm
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
The MP-412 Rex?

Yeah, I want one too.
i'd like it more than a Chiappa Rhino.  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:48 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
The MP-412 Rex?

Yeah, I want one too.
Except you're not allowed to have Russian guns. Clinton and Yeltsin signed a treaty that bans the import of Russian-made weapons.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:31 pm
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
The MP-412 Rex?

Yeah, I want one too.
Except you're not allowed to have Russian guns. Clinton and Yeltsin signed a treaty that bans the import of Russian-made weapons.
Okay what country has better gun rights than America at this point? Is it Somalia?  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:35 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
The MP-412 Rex?

Yeah, I want one too.
Okay what country has better gun rights than America at this point? Is it Somalia?
Depends which warlord you owe allegiance to.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:50 pm
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
The MP-412 Rex?

Yeah, I want one too.
Depends which warlord you owe allegiance to.
I wanna be pirate.  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:26 pm
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
The MP-412 Rex?

Yeah, I want one too.
Actually I've read into the ban. All it's stating is just arms nothing saying an American company can't buy the schematics to build the weapon. Most likely explains how AK-101s are in the US. If you raise a big enough fuss over the revolver an arms company might take the opportunity to make a profit off your bitching.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items