Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vetus Gaianus

Back to Guilds

Tags: vetus, gaianus, adult, adults 

Reply Ye Olde Lobby
Big Brother is Watching You... - Problem Resolved Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:48 pm
I still don't think they are going through your members list. I'm on page 3 and your brother is on page 4. By the members list theory, they should have tried poaching me a day or two ago. Especially since I have about 150 posts in the guild and he has maybe 3, which would include the one you just made.

[Sorry, I'm just not buying into paranoia.]  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:49 pm
I just sent the person who sent my brother that invite (I deleted the invites on this account and my mule) a polite PM directing them to guilds forum if they wish to recruit more members. Hopefully they'll take the hint.

*Edit - I just got a reply, and they admitted to going through our member list to recruit for their guild. Apparently, some other guild suggested that to them as a means of recruitment, so they tried it. And, also, this person wasn't even aware that there is a forum where you can advertise your guild. xp They said that they will present the idea of advertising in the guilds forum to the crew, and they will discuss the matter. Then, the person thanked me for my input. I'm guessing that most of them are newbies as being guildies.  

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Elocutionist 200

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:50 pm
Okay well considering I was obviously the only person that wasn't invited to this other guild, it's probably safe for you to assume that the guild that just invited me a few minutes ago isn't going after your members list.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:53 pm
lilchibiusa
Okay, maybe it's not Big Brother, I do think that someone is spying on this guild. It all started with a guild request that I got. Big whoop! I usually get one or two per week, so I never really thought about it. I logged onto my mule's account and there was an identical join request, and my mule doesn't really post outside of the guild except for with guild events. Then, I noticed on my friends update list that several of my friends were joining the same guild that was supposed to be for people 21+ Even our junior members are joining! And, out of all of the people I saw joining, all of them were members of this guild. Therefore, I'm pretty sure that this "The Round Table" guild went through our members list and invited every single guild member. That's really unethical, and it's creepy to think that people can exploit a public member's list like that. It rather makes me uneasy. Like I said, I feel like I'm being watched. ninja I'm sure that that guild is good and all, but seriously! What kind of person goes to a guild for adults, copies the member list, and then invites all of the members to another guild for adult? It's like thievery or something! xp

Good news...they didn't invite me

*feels left out*

smile  

GalateasFire

Shameless Lunatic

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:56 pm
Sachie Whitby
Okay well considering I was obviously the only person that wasn't invited to this other guild, it's probably safe for you to assume that the guild that just invited me a few minutes ago isn't going after your members list.

The thing is that they did admit to going after this guild's member list. I edited my previous post, and it has all the info in it. They seem excited about the prospect of advertising in the guilds forum (I even sent a link), so hopefully they'll stop going after guild member lists in general. Which guild just sent you an invite? Was it The Round Table?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:56 pm
lilchibiusa
I just sent the person who sent my brother that invite (I deleted the invites on this account and my mule) a polite PM directing them to guilds forum if they wish to recruit more members. Hopefully they'll take the hint.

*Edit - I just got a reply, and they admitted to going through our member list to recruit for their guild. Apparently, some other guild suggested that to them as a means of recruitment, so they tried it. And, also, this person wasn't even aware that there is a forum where you can advertise your guild. xp They said that they will present the idea of advertising in the guilds forum to the crew, and they will discuss the matter. Then, the person thanked me for my input. I'm guessing that most of them are newbies as being guildies.

Sounds about right, good job at figuring that out and dealing with the issue calmly! smile  

GalateasFire

Shameless Lunatic

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:02 pm
lilchibiusa
Sachie Whitby

The thing is that they did admit to going after this guild's member list. I edited my previous post, and it has all the info in it. They seem excited about the prospect of advertising in the guilds forum (I even sent a link), so hopefully they'll stop going after guild member lists in general. Which guild just sent you an invite? Was it The Round Table?

No, Seiei invited me a few minutes ago.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:29 pm
GalateasFire
lilchibiusa

Sounds about right, good job at figuring that out and dealing with the issue calmly! smile

Thanks! biggrin I'm glad that I went ahead and PMed them. I always hate doing things like that. I don't like confrontation at all.

@Whitby - I usually get about one or two random guild invites each week. I just thought that something was a bit strange when just about everyone in this guild got the same invite. biggrin  

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:40 pm
lilchibiusa
@Whitby - I usually get about one or two random guild invites each week. I just thought that something was a bit strange when just about everyone in this guild got the same invite. biggrin

I got one random last year, and this one was the first I received this year. Since it wasn't the guild that all of you were invited to and they had no join fee, I hope you do not mind or begrudge me for accepting it.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:08 pm
Sachie Whitby
lilchibiusa

I got one random last year, and this one was the first I received this year. Since it wasn't the guild that all of you were invited to and they had no join fee, I hope you do not mind or begrudge me for accepting it.

Not at all! rofl Everyone is welcome to join any guild they wish. I don't have a problem with anyone who joined The Round Table either. I just thought it was rude to use a guild member list for recruiting.

I'm kind of surprised that you don't get more guild invites. Almost all the ones I get are random, and they seem to correspond with things that I have on my profile. I'm guessing that they're searching the interest tags or something. confused Maybe you're not getting as many join requests because you don't have any interest tags up. I'm not saying to change your profile just to get random guild invites. rofl I absolutely adore your profile. It makes me happy. whee  

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:43 pm
lilchibiusa
I'm kind of surprised that you don't get more guild invites. Almost all the ones I get are random, and they seem to correspond with things that I have on my profile. I'm guessing that they're searching the interest tags or something. confused Maybe you're not getting as many join requests because you don't have any interest tags up. I'm not saying to change your profile just to get random guild invites. rofl I absolutely adore your profile. It makes me happy. whee

Actually I will show up on interest searches if you happen to click on an interest tag on someone else's profile and it matches one of my interests. It just so happens that a lot of things in my interest box are probably things that most users just do not go searching for. Since I'm between profiles at the moment, I made the interests fields visible [bottom right of profile] so that you can see what I mean.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:52 pm
Sachie Whitby
lilchibiusa

Actually I will show up on interest searches if you happen to click on an interest tag on someone else's profile and it matches one of my interests. It just so happens that a lot of things in my interest box are probably things that most users just do not go searching for. Since I'm between profiles at the moment, I made the interests fields visible [bottom right of profile] so that you can see what I mean.

Where's the Hetalia profile? It was so pretty! crying

I didn't realize that we had so much in common! I saw that you like Fred Astaire. I love music/movies from the 30s/40s! xd I'm especially a fan of Jimmy Durante and Bing Crosby. And, old black and white movies are the best! xd I also approve of your reading choices. I'm glad I'm not the only fan of The Picture of Dorian Gray. Oscar Wilde is one of my favorite writers. And, since you love Jane Austen, I want you to know that I took a Jane Austen course when I was in college just because I love her books so much. I'm currently reading Persuasion. whee But, yeah. I can see why those things wouldn't get too many hits. You should get something for Harry Potter if nothing else.  

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:29 pm
The Hetalia profile blew itself up in that all the custom boxes stopped working. Anyway now that I have Charlemagne, I want to do a Persona themed profile.

This probably sounds funny, but I have never received any sort of random invite from a Harry Potter guild. I think those guilds are either comfortable with the number of members they have such that they don't need to look for people or are failing so hard that it wouldn't matter if they did.

Fred Astaire would be like my hero, along with the supermodel Mathias Lauridsen. I don't have the latter on my interests only because I cannot think of a place to stick him without it looking creepy.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:43 pm
Sachie Whitby
The Hetalia profile blew itself up in that all the custom boxes stopped working. Anyway now that I have Charlemagne, I want to do a Persona themed profile.

This probably sounds funny, but I have never received any sort of random invite from a Harry Potter guild. I think those guilds are either comfortable with the number of members they have such that they don't need to look for people or are failing so hard that it wouldn't matter if they did.

Fred Astaire would be like my hero, along with the supermodel Mathias Lauridsen. I don't have the latter on my interests only because I cannot think of a place to stick him without it looking creepy.

Yeah, people might misunderstand with your guy avi. rofl

Now that I think about it, I haven't gotten any Harry Potter guild invites either. confused I can't remember what all I've been invited to. I usually don't even pay much attention to them before rejecting them. I do the same thing with random friend requests. Fortunately, I haven't gotten many random PMs asking for gold/items/ridiculously uneven trades for marketplace listings.  

LilChibiusa
Captain

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Ye Olde Lobby

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash