Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 2
*so thrilled* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

She didnt die!
  w00tage!
View Results

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:06 pm
SirEmino
Iris Lise
That would be a cheat as it's making money when it's not actually part of the actual game.

Personally I just wouldn't use it with my legacy families but use it with others not part of the challenge.

It doesn't matter, you can decide or not. It's only a game against yourself really.

I think that can be taken under consideration, since the farm set is really a hard work and it's really doesnt gives out good money wink .

I took it out, just before the first child became a teen. I needed the space, and... well... it got boring... rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:05 am
Lici.Rocker
Wow... I don't mean to be offensive or sound mean, but that's kinda sad...

I've never used a cheat for any of those things (except for the voodoo bottle a couple of times). I always play realistically with no cheats. Simply because it's more realistic, and I think it's a lesson to be learned about life.
But thats no fun. We learn lesson from our lifes. The sims was made to mess around with others . rofl My sim Peter loves to pee.  

SkittlesxP

Banana-nana

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:45 pm
Woo! Congrats! I know the cheats can become addicting.

I need to get into playing again. whee My legacy family made it to the third generation with no cheats. Buuuut I did add a teen woohoo patch for fun since I'm only doing the legacy challenge for the challenge and the stories that come out of it.

Currently, the family is now at the begining of a branch in the family, and I'm deciding how I want to off the extra branch. It's hard, because I start to care so much about my little sims and the heads of those branches (now elders) are the sons of my original sim.

I'm trying to start a sim war... it's a lot more fun than I realized it would be though... whee  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:40 am
I did that the first time and raised twins to children without cheats but the second time I was like "it's too much bother" and used cheats 3nodding  

~Celtic Rose~

Chikiya

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:47 am
I can make my Sims meet and get married in one sim day without using cheats. Its insane, they'll marry someone they only met on that same day.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:44 pm
How can anyone not use cheats?!??!?!??! I use them all the time! that would be sooooo hard 4 me! I use cheats for EVERYTHING! i should try that though...  

Kitties_at_the_disco

Late Shift

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:26 pm
I ruined Sims 1 by cheating all the time so I swore I would not even start with Sims2.

Great name for the boy wink my 2nd gen heir is named Seth (I love the name). My 3rd gen heir was just born Evelyn (Celtic for Lively, and pleasant).

What I use for names any more is http://www.babynamesworld.com/. You can pick what style name you want (like Celtic, Norse, or whatever), and it will give you a list of names and what they mean. I use it all the time now smile

Just wanted to add from one ex-cheat addict to another congrats with breaking free. It is hard some times, but with my 3rd Gen my family is rich enough for the next 2-3 gens to not even have a job. Although my founder, and his wife are reaching old old age I know they will pass away soon. It will be the first time any sim of mine has ever died sweatdrop .  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:08 am
I want to share my success on never using cheats on the Sims2. I honestly cannot remember a time when I have used a cheat. I just can't bring myself to do it.  

Sweet_Melissad

Chikiya

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:12 am
I can make my sims fall in love and get married with somebody they met yesterday. In sim days that is. It's easy enough.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:16 am
I use almost all the cheats. (maybe all?) redface

See, to me, I think it is more fun to just play out their lives and not have to constantly look at their motives. :/ or worry about aspiration. I can just make them do something they don't want, and it doesn't matter, because their aspiration is locked. heart

But I can see how some people don't like cheats. its just a matter of opinion. Yes, I have tried it without cheats, and I don't care for it that much.  

The Mighty Enchilada

pinapplepielady

2,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:09 pm
I never ues cheats except maxmotives.

I also don't mind moveObjects on because it doesn't really makes the game easier. It just helps with building.  
The Sims 2

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff