Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
Sabrina the Teenage Witch Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IEditYourWorld

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:50 pm
Quote:
I also support helping others..but it should also be done because you want to help others, not because you feel obligated to. I think once people start doing things because they want to show off to their friends, they loose the spirit of it, and I've known some people who are very loud about how helpful they are, but if you watch them, when they 'help' they are quite mean about it and not very helpful at all.

You've reiterated my point beautifully. You should never do things for the sake of other people as a way to show off. That takes everything you've done and devalues it. That's like people who are in your face about their religion. Do it because it moves you in spirit, heart, soul, and everything about your being, and not because it makes you look good. No offense, but that's a lot like being an uber "fire and brimstone" Christian. (As in "you're not impressing anyone!")

Quote:
I'd rather dedicate my life to helping myself.

That is never a bad thing, especially if you are wanting to move your life progressively forward toward a better potential. In doing so, you become a better member of society, and that in it's own way helps others around you.

Quote:
Why? Just out of interest. I mean I get why you'd do it, I'm just not sure why it falls to the childfree, or why a life would be taken for granted if you choose not to help those around you.

I say this because when you become a parent your child or children should be one of your top priorities. While doing things for others and for yourself is important, you have a very strong obligation to the life that you have made. Now, as those children grow and get older you should show them things that are important to you. That's actually a great way to bond with those children and foster ideas and attitudes that will stay with them all their lives. The older they get, the more freedoms you will both gain, them especially as they become the people that they have chosen to be and that you have fostered them to become. I hope that makes sense.

Now, I'm not saying that parents are always right. Parents are after all human beings who are shaped by their beliefs, mistakes, accomplishments, and so forth, just like any other person. What one parent sees as right may not be what another person sees as right. (I know some of you have run into this road bump with your faith vs. your parents faith.)

By living the child free lifestyle, you have the opportunity to grow to a completely different potential. I on a personal note feel it's a waste to not take that for granted. It's like a blank canvas that you can use to make your situation better, weather it's for just yourself or for the betterment of those around you. By filling that canvas, you are ultimately contributing to life around you weather you know it or not. How much you contribute to it completely up to you.

I hope this helps clear a few things up.
IEditYourWorld  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:44 pm
IEditYourWorld
I on a personal note feel it's a waste to not take that for granted. It's like a blank canvas that you can use to make your situation better, weather it's for just yourself or for the betterment of those around you. By filling that canvas, you are ultimately contributing to life around you weather you know it or not. How much you contribute to it completely up to you.

I hope this helps clear a few things up.
IEditYourWorld

I know you didn't mean it this way- but it just comes off as really arrogant when you talk about being childfree like that.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

IEditYourWorld

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:55 pm
Quote:
I know you didn't mean it this way- but it just comes off as really arrogant when you talk about being childfree like that.

I'm really sorry if it sounds like that. That's the last thing I'm trying to be. I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad about their beliefs because we've all got the right to feel how we choose. Either way I feel like life, any kind of life or lifestyle, is of your making, and that you should make the most out of your life because you only get to have this plain of existence once. Use it to the best of your abilities and make it the best you can.

At the moment I myself am child free, and I'm choosing to wait a couple of years to become a parent. I'm trying to use my time to better my field of study so that I can be prepared for what's to come. I'm trying to use that time to become someone that I know will be a good foundation for the children I hope to have. If I am not blessed with children, I want to bless the world around me with my own life. The best blessing I know how to give is in my video work. I know it's not a huge impact, but it's an impact on me and those who I film none the less. I can give to myself and to others, and it makes me feel like I have a purpose.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off as rude.
IEditYourWorld  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:41 pm
Okay this thread's for discussing the series, not the actress...

Anyway, Hilda is so HILARIOUS! XD Ahh she's funny...  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Viz_22

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:04 pm
I wish I could see the movie where she went to Italy again....It was a pretty good movie, and I love how Sabrina and her roommate freak out because they're worried their secret of being a witch will be found out by the other rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:23 pm
Viz_22
I wish I could see the movie where she went to Italy again....It was a pretty good movie, and I love how Sabrina and her roommate freak out because they're worried their secret of being a witch will be found out by the other rofl
For you. heart  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

ILoveTalkingOranges808

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:43 pm
I love that show! I still do!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:02 pm
NeonXatu
I love that show! I still do!

Saaame!  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Viz_22

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:29 am
Esiris
Viz_22
For you. heart

I feel so bad for seeing this just today...BUT OMG TANKUUZ <3 I watched it too smile Thank you very much~!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:29 pm
Viz_22

I feel so bad for seeing this just today...BUT OMG TANKUUZ <3 I watched it too smile Thank you very much~!
You're welcome. heart  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:17 pm
I watched a few episodes when I was a kid; I thought it was a fun show. I dug up a few episodes on YouTube awhile back, and I think I'm a bit too old for it now. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:34 am
Yanueh
I watched a few episodes when I was a kid; I thought it was a fun show. I dug up a few episodes on YouTube awhile back, and I think I'm a bit too old for it now. xd

I disagree...You can never be too old for Sabrina D: lol~  

Viz_22

Beloved Prophet

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:55 am
Viz_22
Yanueh

I disagree...You can never be too old for Sabrina D: lol~

XD Yeah. There is a little adult humour. Well, I remember an episode where two teenage guys were talking about losing their virginity at Sabrina's school.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:08 am
xXAyamaXx
Ya it was one of mine I remember watching Sabrina every Saturday morning and also I would watch charmed when I got how from school everyday that was either elementary or the 6th grade thought I cant really remember

i was exactly the same i still watch charmed now every week day from 4 til 6 on sky living =]  

emmalouise1994

*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games