Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:58 am
Trenn Flashkill
Meta_Fish
Agreed. Imagine Steam/Valve teaming up with Nintendo for their online service.
Pretty sure fabrics of space would tear from the awesomeness.

No, that's if Chuck Norris decides to do a commercial for the next console.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:17 pm
i take it either no one watched, or no one would care to be able to float the ball.  

Xilo The Odd

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:23 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Meta_Fish
Indeed. Nintendo has a strong Canadian and American face, but Steam/Valve is a bit ridiculous with their support and their updating. It would be a great tag team.

Xilo The Odd
i take it either no one watched, or no one would care to be able to float the ball.
I can see something like that happening, maybe. It's a bit limited right now, but hey, I didn't really think we could do motion controllers for a feasible price or even DO 3D without glasses, so who knows. Maybe the Vitality Sensor is falling to the wayside because the next Nintendo console will have you all hooked up and s**t. I'd love to play a game where it raises tension depending on how excited you are.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:46 pm
Meta_Fish
Trenn Flashkill
Meta_Fish
Indeed. Nintendo has a strong Canadian and American face, but Steam/Valve is a bit ridiculous with their support and their updating. It would be a great tag team.

Xilo The Odd
I can see something like that happening, maybe. It's a bit limited right now, but hey, I didn't really think we could do motion controllers for a feasible price or even DO 3D without glasses, so who knows. Maybe the Vitality Sensor is falling to the wayside because the next Nintendo console will have you all hooked up and s**t. I'd love to play a game where it raises tension depending on how excited you are.

Hmmm...

Maybe like that, but also bringing back virtual stuff? Imagine Resident Evil or some horror game that's almost completely in your face. It'll be intense.  

Slave Xaccheus

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:38 pm
Eternality_Cannon
Hmmm...

Maybe like that, but also bringing back virtual stuff? Imagine Resident Evil or some horror game that's almost completely in your face. It'll be intense.
Exactly. The first implications are obviously horror games, but your heart rate even rises just playing something as simple as Bejeweled or Tetris. They could actually tap into adrenaline; something that helps humans in actual real life situations but that is mostly wasted in the virtual world, making your character stronger and faster when you really get into it. This would be the future of true immersion.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:40 pm
first official VR system will be 8-biit graphics. >_> and bring back the classics.  

Xilo The Odd

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:13 am
Sorry I didn't have much to explain, you see. Nintendo recently had a gained a patent on disks like the psp umd or w/e but bigger or something.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:48 am
I'd probably buy any game offered digitally if it were marginally cheaper (and not ruined or compressed to hell in some manner). I'm sure console companies are afraid to because of pirating issues, though.

edit: that and PS3 games can be as large as sixty gigs  

Waynebrizzle

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:48 pm
x_Kyro_Freed_x
Sorry I didn't have much to explain, you see. Nintendo recently had a gained a patent on disks like the psp umd or w/e but bigger or something.
Link/source? I haven't heard anything recently about that.

Waynebrizzle
I'd probably buy any game offered digitally if it were marginally cheaper (and not ruined or compressed to hell in some manner). I'm sure console companies are afraid to because of pirating issues, though.

I'd definitely get them online if they were marginally cheaper, which would also be a profitable idea for Nintendo, since they wouldn't pay production costs, and they would get even more profit percentage from each sale. I can see them worrying a bit about piracy, but I think they could control it, as they've controlled VC/WiiWare piracy as far as I know.

The thing is, would games online be cheaper than games sold in stores?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:19 pm
Meta_Fish
x_Kyro_Freed_x

Waynebrizzle

I'd definitely get them online if they were marginally cheaper, which would also be a profitable idea for Nintendo, since they wouldn't pay production costs, and they would get even more profit percentage from each sale. I can see them worrying a bit about piracy, but I think they could control it, as they've controlled VC/WiiWare piracy as far as I know.

It's hard to say, but you're right. By avoiding retailers, they're freeing themselves up a bit and can afford to reduce prices. I don't think they'd necessarily keep prices the same because cheaper games can mean more sales.

Having a digital option has more benefits than just price. Supply is theoretically infinite, so we wouldn't have to worry about production limits. Might be a mild point, but I think it's worth noting.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:24 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Meta_Fish
x_Kyro_Freed_x

Waynebrizzle

It's hard to say, but you're right. By avoiding retailers, they're freeing themselves up a bit and can afford to reduce prices. I don't think they'd necessarily keep prices the same because cheaper games can mean more sales.

Having a digital option has more benefits than just price. Supply is theoretically infinite, so we wouldn't have to worry about production limits. Might be a mild point, but I think it's worth noting.
definently, and they could probably do something like force you to have your Wii registered to the account the game was purchased under, currently the only pirates for wiiware stuff can only play them in emulators and modified wii's, of course they spent the time and money to do so it would have been easier to jsut buy the s**t.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:30 am
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InPhase_Technologies

@fish: 300gb stuff was involved with a good frame rate too it seems  

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:56 am
That's pretty cool stuff. Whatever format Nintendo uses, I kind of hope they can get the disc's form factor similar to the GameCube's. Those little things were so cool.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:02 pm
Trenn Flashkill
That's pretty cool stuff. Whatever format Nintendo uses, I kind of hope they can get the disc's form factor similar to the GameCube's. Those little things were so cool.
not only that, as durable as the system they played on, it took more than just minor neglagence to the disks to make them not work, only ones i've had not work look like they got worked over by low grit count sandpaper.  

Xilo The Odd

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces