Welcome to Gaia! ::

The zCampaign

Back to Guilds

Here to campaign on behalf of zOMG!, Gaia's neglected and dying MMO. 

Tags: zOMG!, Campaign 

Reply The Think Tank
The radical man has a radical plan [I] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LoreNoMore

Unbeatable Explorer

9,975 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:55 pm
Soprano Mochi Kitty
But I like posting in the forums...D: I'm also active in the guilds...

I actually do both--post in the forums and play zOMG. I switch off between the two--I play zOMG when I'm bored with the forums, and I go to the forums tab when I'm bored with zOMG for the moment and don't feel like farming anything. Multitasking, yo.

But thats the point of cloning the forums with the guilds.
Besides, we won't boycott the forums straight off the bat. It will probably be the last thing on the list to boycott, after the cash shop. You can still post in your forums until we reach enough people to boycott the forums.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:16 pm
Kain-Senpai
SykoCaster
Ammonia Spike
Ave Machina
This'd be perfect if only more people were willing to go through with it.

Not enough people are devoted to zOMG to make a difference if we boycotted everything except guilds and the game itself.

Agreed.

More agreed.

Even more agreed.

The best we can do is, to continue playing zOMG!, is to purchase the items out of Nic's shop and bring our friends into the mix. We can try to hold events specific to zOMG! and advertise to the user base. For example, I'm trying to get my clan to organize, "Beat the Boss" Event.

Agreed even more  

Miss Song

Invisible Explorer

13,575 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Kain-Senpai

Mysterious Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:37 pm
LoRthePuppeteer
Kain-Senpai
Boycotting is only going to hurt those willing to participate. It's never the answer, no matter how extreme the situation is. Keep this idea in your pocket, and look at other avenues that may be more beneficial to zOMG!, Staff and User's alike.

It's not a matter of trying, it's a matter of what would work best. If you put all your eggs into one basket and it drops, you have broken eggs.

Exactly how will it hurt those willing to participate? Every other option has the exact same meaning as boycotting does, we're trying to show that we care about zOMG. But boycotting is the final, and most meaningful option. It shows that we care about zOMG so much we're willing to put everything else aside for us to keep it.

It hurts those who enjoy posting on the forums, guilds, play other games, etc.. You want them to just do three things: play zOMG!, post in the zOMG! forum and post in zOMG! Guilds. News flash, posting in forums and guilds is still posting in forums and guilds. You're LOSING those who are for your idea by restricting them to do one or two specific things. I don't know about you, but I simply won't do that.

In addition, you said that it is final. Meaning that it is the end all of all options. Right there, tells me you are not opening to anything else. You want to stick this little flawed idea and not hear another option. You want people to participate in zOMG!, hold an event. Get other users who know little about zOMG!, IN zOMG! Bring up its attendance by having a zOMG! in game event, like beating the Final Boss.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:59 pm
Sorry Pupetteer. Your idea needs less radical and more crazy before people go around saying "That's so crazy, it might just work..."

I don't think I need to say anything else further than anyone else has already. The best thing right now is to get people aware of zOMG!, do some events on the z!F to keep those who would leave around just a while more, and do some Christmas shopping in the site.

And we need to give devs ideas for continuous money making for when their "probation period" is over... It is most unfortunate in the long run to realize that the stuff they're releasing this month are probably going to be all limited... And the devs repeatedly miss the chance to create the maybe-easier stuff like selling the double gold power up.  

DrQuint

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

LoreNoMore

Unbeatable Explorer

9,975 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:55 pm
Kain-Senpai
LoRthePuppeteer
Kain-Senpai
Boycotting is only going to hurt those willing to participate. It's never the answer, no matter how extreme the situation is. Keep this idea in your pocket, and look at other avenues that may be more beneficial to zOMG!, Staff and User's alike.

It's not a matter of trying, it's a matter of what would work best. If you put all your eggs into one basket and it drops, you have broken eggs.

Exactly how will it hurt those willing to participate? Every other option has the exact same meaning as boycotting does, we're trying to show that we care about zOMG. But boycotting is the final, and most meaningful option. It shows that we care about zOMG so much we're willing to put everything else aside for us to keep it.

It hurts those who enjoy posting on the forums, guilds, play other games, etc.. You want them to just do three things: play zOMG!, post in the zOMG! forum and post in zOMG! Guilds. News flash, posting in forums and guilds is still posting in forums and guilds. You're LOSING those who are for your idea by restricting them to do one or two specific things. I don't know about you, but I simply won't do that.

In addition, you said that it is final. Meaning that it is the end all of all options. Right there, tells me you are not opening to anything else. You want to stick this little flawed idea and not hear another option. You want people to participate in zOMG!, hold an event. Get other users who know little about zOMG!, IN zOMG! Bring up its attendance by having a zOMG! in game event, like beating the Final Boss.

Gaia is a website. The amount of people doing something is monitored constantly. The people in HQ know when more people are posting in one forum then in the other forum, or in one guild then the other guild. The point of boycotting other features is to increase the usage of zOMG related features, therefor getting the people who run the company to realize that people really want more zOMG.

I stand behind my claim that it is the last option (if you can come up with something other than what we're doing already, it will probably be an even crazier and worse plan then boycotting). But I'm completely open to suggestions. My idea isnt a bad idea but yes, it's flawed, but flaws can be fixed with your help.

And I'm sorry for being completely vague. The plan is a lot more then just “boycotting”, there's a structured system to it. Perhaps I should go into more detail on the first post, and hope some of you reconsider.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:07 pm
I love that you read only what you wanted to read. I gave you a couple suggestions.

Raise zOMG! Awareness
Hold zOMG! events, like beating the End Boss.

No matter what you edit to your OP, I am against Boycotting.  

Kain-Senpai

Mysterious Trickster

Zombilious

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I am in agreement with boycotting other features on Gaia.
However I would use this as last resort since a lot of us do participate in other forums.
If this does come into exist would it be posted in the zOMG forum to grab other players?
Or would it just be a signature thing?
Like boycott feature on this day?
I like that idea...we just boycott all features on one certain day and just zOMG for that day,
Make sense? xD

Sign this and click image above to support zOMG!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:34 pm
Zombilious

I am in agreement with boycotting other features on Gaia.
However I would use this as last resort since a lot of us do participate in other forums.
If this does come into exist would it be posted in the zOMG forum to grab other players?
Or would it just be a signature thing?
Like boycott feature on this day?
I like that idea...we just boycott all features on one certain day and just zOMG for that day,
Make sense? xD

Actually, I thought it would be best if there was an order to what we boycott when, and the amount of time we would boycott something. We start small then move onto bigger things as we gain more followers and become more dedicated.

I'll be explaining it all in the first post edit.

And, um, sorry Kain. I thought you mentioned that as a sort of "do what we're already doing" thing. *is completely skimming because i have little on computer time at the moment* sweatdrop

But YES! Those are obviously great suggestions. As I explained to you already [and you sort of ignored], this boycott is more about getting everyone, even those who dont play zOMG, involved and more interested in the game.

LoreNoMore

Unbeatable Explorer

9,975 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Zombilious

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:01 pm

I still thinking we just do it all on one day, but that's just me.
Cause if we do it slowly over time we might loose people. D:
People be like...

"Oh I did it on this day I don't need to do it again!"
*Disappears*

I find one great swift action more effect it cause it could baffle the mods.

Maybe called it zOMG Day? xD

My ideas are all over the place. o-o

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:11 pm
well even if we did decide to boycott all the other features, we would all have to agree on how long the boycott would last  

cnoisy

Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Kain-Senpai

Mysterious Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:15 pm
No, I read it. I'm sure my reply covered how I felt about the boycott.
"No matter what you edit to your OP, I am against Boycotting."

Another option, one I'm sure a few might behind, is to gift Superchargers, Ghi Amp, Double Orb and Revives to users outside of the zOMG! and talk a little about the game. (What I listed is 49 GC, not much.)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:03 pm
Zombilious

I still thinking we just do it all on one day, but that's just me.
Cause if we do it slowly over time we might loose people. D:
People be like...

"Oh I did it on this day I don't need to do it again!"
*Disappears*

I find one great swift action more effect it cause it could baffle the mods.

Maybe called it zOMG Day? xD

My ideas are all over the place. o-o

Actually thats not a bad idea!
xd
We'll need to make a MAJOR effort to get EVERYONE [and i truly mean everyone] involved.

If we boycott things little by little, and take more time, we can get more people, but it might be less effective.

If we boycott everything all at once for a small amount of time, it would be more effective, but we'd have less people.

We would need to find some sort of middle ground, the best balance between amount of people and the amount of time we boycott that would be most effective. So perhaps more then a day. sweatdrop

LoreNoMore

Unbeatable Explorer

9,975 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

mahareta

Dedicated Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:08 pm
LoRthePuppeteer
They need a good smack in the face.

I wouldn't use the word "stupid", but my thinking goes intentionally in that direction wink .
First of all: Gaia doesn't give out exact numbers...which means we have no idea how many people (good point with mules and non-active accounts) actually play zOMG. A third? Half of it? More? Even though the biggest part of my friends are zOMG-Players (naturally, 'cause I'm spending a lot of time there), I know people who never tried to play it - which I accredit to the lack of marketing. Besides, I see a big problem in the non-selfexplaining-character of the game...
Assuming the devs are right and it's not the majority who plays zOMG...who cares if those boycott the features (and still keep in mind that not everybody is that drastically?
I mean it does sound good when you say we have the power to do it, but you can't use the cig-items as an example. It's a totally different thing to bring back an item which already existed (no further effort + it might bring money [gold shop]) in comparison to a game which costs money to keep it up and to develop it. And besides the marketing, that's the main problem I see. Power ups are a good thing, the pets, too...but I doubt that really brings profit (esp when the game doesn't get more attention and players...and here again: lack of marketing). Actually I only see one real solution: to pay for the game...and to be honest I'm not sure if I would do that.

edit: what I wanted to say with the pets and stuff...It's just oeconomic for Gaia to focus on the core-features, because you can get sponsors which brings money. So the question is how is advertising possible on zOMG...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:09 pm

We could have zOMG week.
Like Drug week at high schools? xD

Zombilious

Friendly Gaian

Ju Tru Nix

Benevolent Elder

17,550 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:46 pm
Or we could run through and try to get those that run around Towns and VH, etc, to come and talk (Emphasis on TALK and not SHOUT... lol) in zOMG...
Advertise the fact they can chat AND make gold at the same time... Plus there's better places to hide from those begging for donations.

THEN we can try to get THEM to boycott Towns!
(Just a thought if boycotting is what is on the menu...)  
The Think Tank

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff