Welcome to Gaia! ::

Save Modmas!

Back to Guilds

Guild for organizing the Modmas roleplay 

Reply Save Modmas!
Rannchan's Adventure to save Modmas! (enjoy the story!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you reading my story?
  Yes! I like it.
  Yes, but I don't like it.
  No. Too long, didn't read.
  No, I just want gold from this poll.
View Results
Rannchan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 20, 13 Total: 33 (2-40)

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:34 am
User Image User Image

The Grunny did not like being shot at-- as no one would. It started hobbling towards Rannie now, as she was the current threat.

Rannie was aiming carefully as the Grunny hobbled towards her. With one arm still holding tight to the laptop, she shot straight at the green creature. The shot was dead on and it fell back, yelping in what sounded like intense pain. The Grunny was barely moving. It convulsed as it was missing another limb. At this point it would be cruel to leave it living much longer.

"That was quite the shot." Rannchan remarked with her eyes wide. She had struggled back to her feet while Rannie had the Grunny distracted.

"Thanks. I'm sure you can finish it from here." Rannie looked from the Grunny to Rannchan. "I have to check on Rannkun and the others. Narune won't rest until I return a report." With that, Rannie went further into town, the same direction as everyone else.

Rannchan watched her leave and looked down the the Grunny. "How come other people can hit you?" Rannchan had a distinct sound of contempt in her voice. "I guess I should finish you off, to be merciful..."

Enemy: Grunnies
AC: 10
HP: 16

Rolled AC: 20
Rolled damage: 13

Attack Successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 3

Remaining daily attacks: 0  
Rannchan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 16, 2 Total: 18 (2-40)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:20 am
User Image

Looking down at the pitiful creature before her... Rannchan stabs down at the Grunny. It hit-- but it wasn't quite a killing blow. Her sword was a little off, and hit the belly rather than the heart. It cried out in pain... what little it could say anyway. It was coughing up blood at her feet.

HP: 3

Rolled AC: 16
Rolled damage: 2

Attack Successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 1

Remaining daily attacks: 1  

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Rannchan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 8, 1 Total: 9 (2-40)

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:25 am
User Image

Rannchan did not mean to prolong the creature's life-- she had snuffed one out before... It was cruel too keep it alive, even if just barely. Swinging down again, Rannchan tried to finish off the Grunny. Unfortunately, she had closed her eyes for the final blow-- and missed. Her sword sank into the blood stained ground to the side of the Grunny.

HP: 1

Rolled AC: 8
Rolled damage: 1

Attack UNSuccessful.

Remaining enemy HP: 1

Rannchan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 11, 17 Total: 28 (2-40)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:29 am
User Image

Pulling at her sword, Rannchan pulled it from the ground. It now had dirt sticking to where the blood was clinging to the blade. Keeping her eyes open, she brought her blade down upon the Grunny one last time.

Hitting it's mark-- the Grunny was now beheaded, finally put to rest. It had very little blood left, so it didn't spurt nearly as much as the last one.

Rannchan looked at her sword. It was covered in blood and dirt. Reaching down to her skirt, she grabbed a bundle of cloth and wiped her sword down. She was already covered in blood and dirt from the fighting, so she didn't worry about getting dirty. The blade did not get very clean, but it became cleaner than it was a moment ago. Rannchan knew that she needed to keep her blade sharp and that it wouldn't happen covered in dirt.

HP: 1

Rolled AC: 11
Rolled damage: 17

Attack Successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 0

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Rannchan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 16, 11 Total: 27 (2-40)

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:50 am
User Image

That last battle was quite grueling. Rannchan was quite tired-- but she needed to continue on. Modmas was counting on anyone could defend Gaia. Standing up tall, she started to run further into town.

Reaching the center of Barton, she noticed that many Grunny bodies littered the roads. They were not all dead but everyone seems to have done a good job at defending against them. Suddenly, Rannchan heard a loud moaning noise. Looking around, she saw what made the noise-- Labtechs had invaded Barton. Some people were already fighting them. Feeling that she must also stop these hobbling menaces, Rannchan ran forward and slashed at one of the Labtechs. Her blow landed perfectly and the Labtech turned toward her. It was now bleeding from it's side and wanted revenge on whoever caused this pain.

Enemy: Labtech
AC: 12
HP: 60

Rolled AC: 16
Rolled damage: 11

Attack Successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 49

Rannchan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 18, 7 Total: 25 (2-40)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:46 am
User Image

The Labtech, now facing Rannchan, tried to swing at her with his right hand. Rannchan dodged it and brought her knee up to hit him square in the gut. The Labtech made an 'oof!' sound and clutched it's stomach. With a light thud, it fell to one of it's knees.

HP: 49

Rolled AC: 18
Rolled damage: 7

Attack Successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 42

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Rannchan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 1, 6 Total: 7 (2-40)

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:49 am
User Image

Rannchan backed up and prepared to strike at the Labtech. Bringing her arm down to attack the bent over Labtech, she suddenly yelped in pain as the Labtech bit her foot. Pulling away, she managed to put a little distance between herself and the Labtech. It was starting to stand back up and it turned to face Rannchan; it's face a dead and lifeless expression.

HP: 42

Rolled AC: 1
Rolled damage: 5

Attack UNSuccessful.

Rannchan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 5, 14 Total: 19 (2-40)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:34 am
User Image

Staring at each other, the Labtech started to lunge forward at Rannchan. Simultaneously, Rannchan lunged forward with her weapon. With an incredible show of speed that Rannchan had not expected, the Labtech caught the sword in his hands with a clasping motion. It was quite strong.

Rolled AC: 5
Rolled damage: 14

Attack UNSuccessful.

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Rannchan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 8, 1 Total: 9 (2-40)

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:38 am
User Image

Rannchan tried to pull her sword away to strike again, but the Labtech had too good a hold on it. Twisting a bit, the Labtech used its great strength to toss Rannchan aside. She was thrown about 4 feet away and landed on her side. More dirt and dust accumulated on her skirt.

The Labtech had still been holding Rannchan's sword, but did not seem to want it. He tosses it aside and steps forward with a... hungry look in his eyes. He had found a new plaything-- and he was ready to test a few things on it.

Rolled damage: 1

Attack UNSuccessful.

Rannchan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 8, 14 Total: 22 (2-40)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:13 am
User Image

Rannchan saw the Labtech lunging for her. Deftly, she rolled to the side and got up while the Labtech stumbled. Rannchan knew she had to get her sword back. Without it, she would have a very difficult time defeating it.

Rolled damage: 14

Attack UNSuccessful.

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Rannchan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 14, 15 Total: 29 (2-40)

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:16 am
User Image

Thinking fast, Rannchan let the Labtech lunge at her once more. This time, when the Labtech got close-- instead of rolling away Rannchan dodged to the side and used her leg to sweep his out from under him. He fell forward into the dirt on his face. It hurt him, but not very much. However it made the perfect distraction for Rannchan to swipe her blade up from the ground where the Labtech had tossed it. Once again armed, Rannchan ran forward and sliced at the Labtech's torso. It left a large gash where blood started to pour out onto the street.

Rolled AC: 14
Rolled damage: 15

Attack Successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 27

Rannchan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 4, 8 Total: 12 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:58 am
User Image

The Labtech let our a grisly roar of pain. It turned around as it got up. Rannchan took a defensive stance and the Labtech bounded forward.

Attempting to knock him away, Rannchan swung her sword at his fore-stretched arms but timed it wrong. She had swung early-- leaving her off-balance as he grabbed her arms and held them tightly.

HP: 27

Rolled AC: 4
Rolled damage: 8

Attack UNSuccessful.

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Rannchan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 5, 4 Total: 9 (2-40)

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:04 am
User Image

Rannchan had her arms held to her sides now by the Labtech. His grip was quite strong. She tried to struggle but his grip just got tighter. He leaned in to her ear and through his gurgling, she could hear him trying to say something to her.

"You.... will be... Grrgg... my new test subject..."

This was not good. Who knows what would happen if she couldn't get away.

Rolled AC: 5
Rolled damage: 4

Attack UNSuccessful.

Rannchan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 4, 19 Total: 23 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:51 am
User ImageUser Image

Struggling, Rannchan could smell the rotting on the Labtech's breath.

Just as Rannchan started to lose hope for escaping-- she heard a loud zapping noise. In a fright, the Labtech let go of Rannchan, dropping her, and looked around.

Rannchan was just as confused. Quickly getting to her feet and away from the Labtech, she looked around herself. About 5 yards away Rannchan saw a welcome sight. Rannie had returned and was pointing her laser pistol at the Labtech. Rannchan exclaimed loudly, "Rannie?!"

"I was on my way back to the guild to deliver my report to Narune. I saw this monster with his filthy hands on you. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a good shot in while avoiding shooting you." Rannie had a very serious tone in her voice.

Rolled AC: 4
Rolled damage: 19

Attack UNSuccessful.

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Rannchan

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:52 am
User Image User Image

"Thank you for not shooting me." Rannchan said before wincing at the movement it took to walk closer to her.

"Hold on Rannchan." Rannie looked at her for only a second, never letting her laser leave the Labtech. The Labtech was eying it cautiously-- it knew what kind of damage it could deal. Rannie held her laptop out to what appeared to be Rannchan... but to her surprise, a man's hand grabbed the laptop from Rannie's hand.

Rannchan looked behind her to see Rannkun. He had blood on his arms and torso, but appeared uninjured himself. "I'll heal your wounds while Rannie distracts him." Rannkun said calmly. Meanwhile, Rannie was using all of her concentration on the offending Labtech.

"How is everyone else faring? Are they all okay?" Rannchan was asking Rannkun many questions rather quickly as he brought out a first aid kit.

"I've healed anyone who got hurt so far. Both in and out of our guild. Most everyone seems to be doing well against the enemy." Rannkun answered evenly, looking only at Rannchan's wounds and in his own first aid kit. "I need to keep moving and help as many people as possible now." With that, Rannkun got up and went over to Rannie who just got back from a little run around the Labtech, attempting to shoot at it. "Here you go, you should finish that report."

"Thanks Rannkun. I can see why Rannchan is having difficulty with this one. He's really rather tricky." Rannie was a little out of breath, but she grabbed her laptop and started to jog back out of town and up towards the guild hall. As she jogged she yelled back at Rannchan, "Good Luck! I believe in you!"  
Save Modmas!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff