Back to Guilds

Guild for organizing the Modmas roleplay 

Reply Save Modmas!
Yasunori Saves Modmas Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Kamo no Yasunori rolled 2 20-sided dice: 4, 8 Total: 12 (2-40)

Kamo no Yasunori

8,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:20 am
"It was too good to be true!" Yasunori called out as she began to decend towards the Labtech.

What is it made of? That should have pierced his heart? Does he even have one?!

Her mind raced as she charged down the hill. She raised the hand that held out the fan and unfolded it, giving it a quick gesture.

"Finish him!" She cried out to the Shikigami as it unfurled its wings and prepared to drive its beak downward into the Labtech.

Quote:
Enemy: Labtech
AC: 12
HP: 60

Rolled AC: 4
Rolled damage: 8

Attack unsuccessful.

Remaining enemy HP: 39

Remaining daily attacks: 0

The Labtech did not seem to acknowledge the crow until it was closing in on him. With surprising agility the scientist turned and suddenly the Shikigami's face burst into flames and it shrieked and writhed, flailing about in pain.

Yasunori's eyes widened in shock and she stopped dead in her tracks. "M-magic!?" She exclaimed wondering what happened.

The Labtech flashed a smile at the mystic. "Nanites. They catch on fire when exposed to oxygen. Very useful." He then pulled out a vial. "I always keep little toys on hand but I never know which vials I bring! Half the fun is testing them out! Hahahaha!"

Yasunori's hands began to shake as she dropped her fan. Her hands clenched into fists and she growled in anger. "You're sick." She muttered in a cold tone.  
Kamo no Yasunori rolled 2 20-sided dice: 15, 4 Total: 19 (2-40)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:38 pm
Yasunori was frozen in anger for a moment as she contemplated the Labtech's words. In that moment, the Labtech cleared the distance between them and raised his arms, his bulging muscles threatening to burst his bloody lab coat. He raised his arms to attack, ignoring the vial for now or perhaps content to smash it into her with a powerful fist Yasunori did not know. But as the hulking man reared up, She was startled even more at the grizzly sight of the hole that was still in him. The gaping wound that her Shikigami had caused.

In an instant, she pulled out an ofuda and hurled the talisman at the labtech. It crackled with electricity as it flew out towards its destination.

Quote:

Rolled AC: 15
Rolled damage: 4

Attack Successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 35

Remaining daily attacks: 1

The electricity crackled around the wound as it hit its mark and the Labtech fell backwards with a howl, falling into the show. It qritted and the wound seemed to smoke a bit but Yasunori gritted her teeth at the sight.

Damn. I injured him some more. I'll take what I can get but all I seemed to do was cauterize the wound.

Yasunori backed away slowly as she began to look around. She tried to get some distance between her and the labtech who was already back on his feet.  

Kamo no Yasunori

8,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Kamo no Yasunori rolled 2 20-sided dice: 4, 2 Total: 6 (2-40)

Kamo no Yasunori

8,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:39 pm
Yasunori was running back into the forest as she heard the Labtech trudging towards her, growling at the mystic.

"If you come back, I'll make sure not to dissect you into an unrecognizable state, Hahaha!"

Yasunori turned and, furious at the words and whipped a dozen magically glowing Ofuda at the Labtech.

"Curse you!" She shouted with rage in her eyes.

Quote:

Rolled AC: 4
Rolled damage: 2

Attack very unsuccessful.

The labtech opened the cork on the vial and swung his arm out, spilling out the contents. The liquid int he container hit the paper talismans and began to dissolve them instantly.

Yasunori growled. "I have an endless supply! I'll bury you in them!"

She reached into her pocket and a cone of glowing rectangles flew out from her. She panted as she could no longer see the labtech but was confident in her victory. But suddenly a different colored glow than was around the paper began to appear as a small dot. Confused she stared at it until it shot out like a beam and slammed into her shoulder.

"Ahhh!" She cried out and brought her hand up. The top part of her shoulder was singed and smoking. As the paper faded she saw the Labtech uninjured and ooking smug.

"I have a laser." He said as he waved the modified laser gun in his hand.  
Kamo no Yasunori rolled 2 20-sided dice: 2, 4 Total: 6 (2-40)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:36 pm
"Yah! Yah! Yah!"

Yasunori shouted each time she flung paper at the Labtech who seemed to be shooting them out of the air as if it was mere target practice.

Between pulling out Ofuda to attack the Labtech, she was dodging more fire. All the dodging and running around was wearing her out. She felt like she was fueled by rage at this point.

In desperation, she pulled out another stack and made them glow, manipulating them into a sword and charged at the Labtech.

Yaaaaaaaah!"

Quote:

Rolled AC: 2
Rolled damage: 4

Attack extremely unsuccessful.

It was easy pickings for the brute as he lifted up his gun and aimed right at the mystic's chest and held the trigger.

Yasunori lifted up her sword but the beam stopped her in her tracks. Thankfully she managed to stop the beam but it never seemed to end. She grunted as she gripped onto the sword and focused on trying to drive it away. But as she did, she could slowly see the beam eating through her weapon. With a last surge of adrenaline, she yelled out and shoved forward. She deflected the beam enough to keep it from hitting her again but now she was down in the snow, panting and weary as the Labtech trudged forward.  

Kamo no Yasunori

8,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Kamo no Yasunori rolled 2 20-sided dice: 15, 1 Total: 16 (2-40)

Kamo no Yasunori

8,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:46 pm
Yasunori lay in the snow barely able to move. She watched blurry eyed as the labtech approached. She could only watch at this point. The labtech came right up next to her and put the gun against her head.

"I'd hate to waste such good research material but I'm sure the rest of you will do nicely. You were stupid to attack me. That alone proves that your brain isn't worth experimenting on."

Yasunori closed her eyes as she listened to him speak. She began softly moving her lips in a silent chant and as she finished, she reached up and grabbed the gun. Her eyes began to glow and as the labtech tried to pull the trigger, he found the task impossible. The blood vessels in his eyes seemed to grow as he gripped the gun even tighter, causing it to crack. But as it did, it began to glow with magical energy.

Quote:

Rolled AC: 15
Rolled damage: 1

Attack barely Successful.

Remaining enemy HP: 34

The gun cracked and light in engulfed it. At that moment, Yasunori turned herself as the weapon exploded. The Labtech reared back and looked down. The gun was in pieces and his trigger finger was missing. He roared and Yasunori tried to scramble away.

"I was hoping for more damage than a finger. That's probably barely a scratch to him. But I should be thankful for that at this pooint. Normally that blast would do considerable damage. I've been weakened considerably.  
Kamo no Yasunori rolled 2 20-sided dice: 16, 17 Total: 33 (2-40)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:14 am
Yasunori began to crawl away as the Labtech marched forward. She gathered enough strength to stand up and and stumble into a as close to a jog as she could muster. She reached back against the edge of the forest and fell to her knees. She panted as beads fo sweat rolled down her cheek. The succession of fights had been truly exhausting.

But I'm lucky. If I hadn't had the element of surprise initially, I'd be finished.

She heard the lumbering footsteps and growl of rage as the brutish scientist closed in on her. She didn't look up as his shadow was cast over her. She could see his fists raised, ready to smash her into the ground.

Her fingers dug into the ground and suddenly a circle of light began to glow around her. The summoning circle she had previously drawn began to light up. She closed her eyes as light began to engulf the Labtech.

"The heavens shall not spare you."

Quote:

Rolled AC: 16
Rolled damage: 17

Attack Successful!

Remaining enemy HP: 17

After a few moments of blinding white light, it began to fade. Yasunori lifted up her hand and slowly opened her eyes to see what remained of the Labtech. The right half of his body was singed. All the skin was gone on his right foot and torso, opening the hole in his chest even further. His right arm was completely missing and half of the skin on his face was gone, part of the jaw even showing.

Yasunori gasped and rested her head on the ground. "F-finally..." She muttered. But even as the word left her mouth, She head a noise. A loud howl of pain as the Labtech howled in pain. Her eyes widened and she looked on in horror as the man lifted up his left arm and reached into his lab coat, taking out a needle and plunging it into his own body.

What muscles were left started to bulge and his eyes glazed over. Yasunori knew there was only desperation and rage left in this man that once had been human and even a few moments ago had been somethign that at least resembled it. But the man was a beast now and the mystic knew that this was quite possibly even more dangerous a situation for her to be in.  

Kamo no Yasunori

8,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Kamo no Yasunori rolled 2 20-sided dice: 10, 11 Total: 21 (2-40)

Kamo no Yasunori

8,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:29 am
As the muscles bulged on the beastly mutated man, the lab coat finally ripped and fell to the ground. The fist lifted up and slammed downward at Yasunori. The mystic barely dodged,rolling away as she tried to run past the Labtech, she had an idea.

She barely dodged another attack, diving and grabbing the tattered lab coat as she descended down the snowy hill once more. This time a roaring angry growl accompanied the mans heavy steps.

She turned and looked at the scientist and reached into the lab coat, pulling out a few vials of liquid.

How about a dose of your own medicine!?" She yelled as she whipped a few vials at the charging mad man .
Quote:

Rolled AC: 10
Rolled damage: 11

Attack unsuccessful.

Remaining enemy HP: 17

The Labtech roared and punched the oncoming glass vials. They burned and sizzled on his arm Yasunori held her breath as she thought maybe the second arm would melt or burn off. Unfortunately the only outcome seemed to be the angry Labtech was now punching at her with a fiery caustic fist!  
Kamo no Yasunori rolled 2 20-sided dice: 18, 19 Total: 37 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:05 am
Yasunori collapsed weakly against the ground as she wearily eyed the Labtech. Her fingers gripped futilely at the snow. It's coldness seemed to numb her from the pain. She was thankful for that at least. She cast her eyes downward. Exhausted and out of energy, she could only except her fate. She saw a shadow looming over her and heard the roar of the Labtech.

It was such a terrifying cry that her spine shivered. She had never heard something like that in her life. She even found herself wincing as her muscles tensed up for what she thought would be the final blow.

Quote:

Rolled AC: 18
Rolled damage: 19

Attack critically Successful!

Remaining enemy HP: -2

But it never came. She spent what seemed like an eternity huddled in fear and when she was touched it was nothing more than a gentle nudge. Her eyes widened and she gasped, shocked by the unexpected and her head twisted upwards. Casting a dark shadow over her was her Shikigami. It's face was burned, bearing the scars of the attack it had suffered through earlier but there was something else. The snow before it was splattered in blood. Looking past the bird in the distance she could see the Labtech, or what was remaining of it.

She was able to piece two and two together. The Shikigami had recovered from the assault and had rent asunder the Labtech's body with its talons. She pushed herself up and fell against the crow like beast, wrapping her arms around its neck.

"Thank you..." She whispered. "Thank the spirits and the heavens." She then looked about. She could still feel an ominous energy. "The fight's not over but who knows what's waiting for us. We can't continue to fight minions. That was far too taxing. "Let's return home and recuperate what we can, resupply and cut out the heart of this menace once and for all."

Labtech Defeated!  

Kamo no Yasunori

8,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Kamo no Yasunori rolled 2 20-sided dice: 14, 14 Total: 28 (2-40)

Kamo no Yasunori

8,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:28 am
Yasunori returned to her humble abode after the fight with the Labtech. She applied soothing balms and oils to her wounds and collected new materials for the fight. Before she left, she took a moment to look into a scrying crystal and see what foe awaited her. The image was fuzzy but she could clearly make out a figure that seemed to be laughing.

"As long as I can find the head and sever it, Modmas should be saved." She said as she stepped outside and looked out at the horizon. Next to her, a new Shikigami sat. It was still a horned crow but it was much larger and had a silvery iridescent glow to it.

She saw a faint puff of black smoke int he horizon and narrowed her eyes. She hoped on the Shikigami's back and flew off over the forest.

"It has to be it..." She muttered to herself as the wind whipped her hair.

She sailed with haste and discovered something terrifying when she came over a clearing.

Moving towards her was literally a castle! Not as huge as a normal castle, it looked more like a small building with a periapt on it, slowly moving across the snow on huge tank treads! At the top of the dome at a control panel stood the man in her crystal, none other than Johnny K. Gambino himself!

He cackled as he saw Yasunori, his eyes looked twisted by rage.

"Is this all that could be mustered to defeat me!?" He bellowed. "Every year Modmas comes and takes attention away from ME! No longer will I suffer such a slight! I've had a machine built that will take me right to the source and destroy Modmas once and for all! Ha! Ha! Ha!"

Yasunori clutched the staff she had brought tightly in her hand. She swooped by the top of the tower and as she flew passed, she unleashed a barrage of Ofuda charms at Gambino.

"You'll never succeed Gambino! Stop this madness!"

Quote:
Enemy: Johnny K. Gambino
AC - 16
HP - 70

Rolled AC:14
Rolled damage: 14

Attack unsuccessful.

Remaining enemy HP: 70

Gambino folded his arms smugly as he saw Yasunori swoop by. He didn't even blink as Yasunori threw the paper charms, They flew with purpose but were halted several feel in mid air as they flattened against what seemed to be nothing. But Yasunori squinted her eyes and saw the faint crackle of a force field. She gritted her teeth as Gambino continued to berate her.

"Insolent fool! Do you think you could beat me, JJohnny K. Gambino, the most powerful man in Gaia with mere PAPER! Ha! Ha! Ha!"  
Kamo no Yasunori rolled 2 20-sided dice: 14, 9 Total: 23 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:44 am
As yasunori began to plan her next mmove she noticed a figure coming up from the tower and speak to Gambino. It was a Labtech but it seemed slightly more normal than the one she had fought. It left after speaking to Gambino and the power-mad man, looked up at Yasunori.

"It seems as though you were responsible for defeating my top scientist and his pet project. I will have to pay him respects by showing you the fruits of his labor!"

Suddenly out from the bottom of the building a door opened up and a canon appeared.

"He was modifying Grunnies so that they could withstand the blast."

Yasunori's eyes narrowe d as she tied to pivot out of the wway of the canon. But the moving castle was ingeniously built and the turret seemed to swivel with her.

"B-Blast!?" She called down, confused at the words. Gambino had spoken.

But suddenly a loud BOOM! echoed and threw her and her shikigami off course. By the time she recovered she saw a green ball hurtling at her. It slammed into her and knocked her off the Shikigami who managed to swoop down and save her at the last second.

"Panting from the rush she noticed there was a green fur ball in her hands that was threatening to bit her face. Only her iron grip prevented it from wriggling free and she noticed it looked to be about the size of the beta Grunny she encountered in the pack of Grunnies earlier.

"Fly me up, quickly!" Yasunori shouted and the Shikigami grabbed her with its claw and hoisted her up. When she was close, she whipped the Grunny at Gambino hoping that the green creature would somehow be able to go through the force field.

Quote:
AC - 16
HP - 70

Rolled AC: 14
Rolled damage: 9

Attack unsuccessful.

But it was not meant to be. The Grunny landed on the forcefield just like the paper and slowly began to slide off, growling and furiously trying to get to a place where it wouldn't fall.

Gambino once again laughed at Yasunori. "YOU managed to defeat the others? I should reevaluate who I consider the 'best' if that's the case. But I thank you for providing me with some amusement. For that I'll make your end quick!"  

Kamo no Yasunori

8,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Kamo no Yasunori rolled 2 20-sided dice: 12, 5 Total: 17 (2-40)

Kamo no Yasunori

8,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:47 am
Yasunori quickly pulled away from the tower and flew out to a place that was just above. She reached into her clothes and pulled out several of the talismans and held them up.

"Paper again!? Ridiculous! You may defeat me after all, but it will be because I laugh myself to death!"

Yasunori blocked out the words as she dodged more of the Gruunny canon, each time, throwing a new set of Ofuda until dozens of the paper rained from the sky. and hurled towards Gambino.

Quote:
AC - 16
HP - 70

Rolled AC: 12
Rolled damage: 5

Attack unsuccessful.

Each new charm that landed against the force field seemed to make it crackle more and more. Yasunori hoped that she could make it break with enough force against it but it didn't seem to have any effect. She muttered a curse under her breath but thought that at least she had obscured Gambino's vision enough.

She began to slowly circle the tower but found that the canon still followed her.

"Do you think I need mere vision to track you? Only the latest in technology is installed in mobile fortress the Gambinonaut!"  
Kamo no Yasunori rolled 2 20-sided dice: 19, 12 Total: 31 (2-40)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:25 pm
Yasunori ignored Gambino's words. She'd had enough of this man and his ridiculous force field. She raised her staff and it began to glow. Suddenly she leaped off of the Shikigami and began to free fall towards Gambino's position, pointing her staff at the paper covered field.

Quote:
AC - 16
HP - 70

Rolled AC: 19
Rolled damage: 12

Attack Successful!

Remaining enemy HP: 58

Yasunori hit the force field and was halted. She stood against it with the point of her staff which was glowing even brighter now. The crackle of electricity from the filed made it seem like her efforts were going to be fruitless once more. But suddenly the whole field began to glow.

"W-what!?" Gambino said as a red glow came upon him.

From behind her, one would see that the papers were now glowing and formed a summoning circle with the light they gave off. Yasunori smirked as the field let out a large crackle of energy and finally dissipated. Yasunori let gravity do the rest as she was hurled towards Gambino, slamming her staff into his stomach and causing him to fly backwards, into the side of the parapet.  

Kamo no Yasunori

8,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Kamo no Yasunori rolled 2 20-sided dice: 7, 12 Total: 19 (2-40)

Kamo no Yasunori

8,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:28 pm
Yasunori fell into a crouching position as she watched Gambino fly backwards. "You can't hide any more, Gambino." She said as she dashed forward and tried to swing her staff at Johnny's head, hoping to go for the knockout blow.

Quote:
AC - 16
HP - 70

Rolled AC: 7
Rolled damage: 12

Attack unsuccessful.

Remaining enemy HP: 58

Gambino was stunned by the blow but shooke it off, watching Yasunori crouched and listening to her words. He waited for her to dash at him when the staff was swung, Gambino lifted up his arm and blocked it. He grinned.

"Very creative, but I'm Johnny K. Gambino. It will take a lot more than that to even hope to beat me."

With that he reached out with his free hand and grabbed Yasunori by the neck, lifting her up like she was a rag doll.  
Kamo no Yasunori rolled 2 20-sided dice: 19, 15 Total: 34 (2-40)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:27 pm
Yasunori struggled in Gambino's clutches as the madman grinned, squeezing even tighter. She could feel her strength draining but was thankful that Gambino was too busy throttling her to restrain her hands. She quickly grabbed a paper Talisman and stuck it to Gambino's chest.

Before he realized what was happening, the Ofuda began to engulf the two in light.

Quote:
AC - 16
HP - 70

Rolled AC: 19
Rolled damage: 15

Attack Successful!

Remaining enemy HP: 43

A loud explosion rocked through the top of the tower , throwing Yasunori against the edge of the Parapet. She shook her head and watched the black smoke clear. Gambino's close were a wreck and there was a scorch mark on his chest that he was grabbing.

"C-Curse you!" He shouted in rage.  

Kamo no Yasunori

8,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Kamo no Yasunori rolled 2 20-sided dice: 16, 8 Total: 24 (2-40)

Kamo no Yasunori

8,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:28 pm
Gambino lunged at Yasunori with a roar of fury that surprised the mystic as she tried to scramble away only to realize she was already backed against a wall.

With monstrous strength, Gambino came crashing down but Yasunori was able to throw out another Ofuda to momentarily blind Gambino and dodge out of the way at the last second. However, she felt the ground shaking before her and her eyes widened.

He... Broke the stone floor!? W-Where is this strength coming from!?

She felt helpless as she fell through the floor and saw the stairs that spiraled down tot he main floor of the mobile fortress. Her only solace was in the fact that Gambino seemed to be tumbling along with her.

I didn't want to use it... but i have no choice...

Yasunori took out a small glass orb in her hand and crushed it. A yellow glowing dust erupted from the shattered glass and lightly coated herself and Gambino as they tumbled.

"Heavens! Juxtapose fortune over misfortune and misfortune over fortune!"

Quote:
AC - 16
HP - 70

Rolled AC: 16
Rolled damage: 8

Attack Successful!

Suddenly as they tumbled, Yasunori began to glow. almost miraculously she began to recover her balance as she fell, tumbling in just the right way, each new step allowing her better traction until she was practically right side up and running down the spire.

Meanwhile, Gambino seemed to be unable to correct his course. Each new step seemed to make him loose even more control and cause him to tumble and land hard.

When they reached the chamber to the entrance, Yasunori hopped off the last step and landed in a crouch. Gambino came rolling down the stairs and crashed through the wooden door.  
Save Modmas!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff