Welcome to Gaia! ::

The zCampaign

Back to Guilds

Here to campaign on behalf of zOMG!, Gaia's neglected and dying MMO. 

Tags: zOMG!, Campaign 

Reply The Think Tank
Educate a Noob [I] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sky_rider19

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:49 am
I deffinately like the idea of using the badges as a sort of tier system.

And I also like the idea of kiddnapping. When we see someone enter the game we add them for a crew and if they accept we say they just passed the first test or something like that.

As for the Teachers, I think maybe we should have the defib, wish, any basic buff, and an attack ring or two so that we can save them when they die and also just be a passive observer when they are trying to do quests.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:14 am
ya i actually think that the average noob in zOMG! has no clue wat rage is, same with layers, etc. lol  

cnoisy

Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Atrash the Squidmonger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:40 pm
sky_rider19
I deffinately like the idea of using the badges as a sort of tier system.

And I also like the idea of kiddnapping. When we see someone enter the game we add them for a crew and if they accept we say they just passed the first test or something like that.

Eh, random crew invitations, especially with how common they are for noob reasons and bad crew formation in the early areas, might not be the best idea. An unobtrusive standardized Shout message given out every minute or so might work, or regular talking messages, with people placed at strategic locations. Some kind of dress code, perhaps - fairly simple clothing suggesting experience, whatever that would be. Some might just be found by scanning the area, responding to cries for help. It would really pick up more if many regular zOMGaians could - upon noticing a noob - be able to help them find a teacher (which would, theoretically, come after many new players got taught by them. Outreach to VG regulars, such as the sand traps, might also work* [and forum thread knowledge]).

*With the teachers equipped with many buffs, so as to help most people they talk to in these populated areas such as the sand traps. Being polite, not doing anything which might annoy the people there, being clear on the purpose of why the teacher is there informing them on how to help new players get help...
Also, here again is where a uniform style comes in handy (and for forum thread knowledge). Knowing to just direct people to look for certain uniforms (worn by the people upon taking their regular teaching positions - although people switching to teach on the spot would definitely be allowed too), certain things to say in shout or so, certain places to look - that would all help the main populace help direct new players.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:16 pm
I almost forgot about the regulars, thanks for bringing that up. It will take a lot of time to get the mule out there into the world so people recognize it as an education device. I do hope people come to accept that by educating the nooblets will make for a better experience later in the game.

I know the clan chat dosn't work but maybe the zCampaign can start a clan and recruit these new members and have some of the guides (or links to them) listed for everyone to use. Looking in the zOMG thread can be a scary task and the whole point is to make things as easy as possible.  

~Yuki~

Unbeatable Glitch

Nanenna

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:21 pm
~Yuki~
I almost forgot about the regulars, thanks for bringing that up. It will take a lot of time to get the mule out there into the world so people recognize it as an education device. I do hope people come to accept that by educating the nooblets will make for a better experience later in the game.

I know the clan chat dosn't work but maybe the zCampaign can start a clan and recruit these new members and have some of the guides (or links to them) listed for everyone to use. Looking in the zOMG thread can be a scary task and the whole point is to make things as easy as possible.

I don't think a clan is a bad idea, I'd even leave the clan I made to join one and be helpful! (It's a tiny little nothing clan we don't even use anyway. XB) A place with link to all the useful threads (just copy the guides and resources sticky in the z!F) would be very helpful and a nice way to find other, helpful players. Of course at some point we'd encourage the nooblets to either help teach themselves once they've graduated or perhaps find a clan they'd like to join. Or maybe just be very supportive if they want to leave.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:22 pm
~Yuki~

i lik the clan idea, but most noobs might not even know what clans r XD  

cnoisy

Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100

~Yuki~

Unbeatable Glitch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:27 pm
If we find a way to explain what a clan is in a way that they could understand and feel....proud?.......then it would be more memorable. Even if we don't use the clan I just wanted to mainly use it as a resource center. It also could house all the information like certificates of completion. Maybe if there are regulars where they hang out so a nooblet can go to them for help. All the achievement information.....ect.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:42 pm
~Yuki~
If we find a way to explain what a clan is in a way that they could understand and feel....proud?.......then it would be more memorable. Even if we don't use the clan I just wanted to mainly use it as a resource center. It also could house all the information like certificates of completion. Maybe if there are regulars where they hang out so a nooblet can go to them for help. All the achievement information.....ect.

ya that could work lol  

cnoisy

Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Saurius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:51 pm
cnoisy
sky_rider19
cnoisy
u could always try making a thread that maybe answers questions for those new players who have no idea wat they r doing...

We kind of do that already. We just answer the questions when they pop up.

ya but maybe we could organize it, right now it is just all over the place

From the noobies I have talked to/helped, most of them didn't even know about the zOMG! forum.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:56 pm
Miko_Chubi
cnoisy
sky_rider19
cnoisy
u could always try making a thread that maybe answers questions for those new players who have no idea wat they r doing...

We kind of do that already. We just answer the questions when they pop up.

ya but maybe we could organize it, right now it is just all over the place

From the noobies I have talked to/helped, most of them didn't even know about the zOMG! forum.

ya that has come across my mind a couple times too, which means that most of our average noobs r pretty helpless at the moment if they dont even know about the place where they should look :/  

cnoisy

Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100

~Yuki~

Unbeatable Glitch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:53 pm
I'm gonna have to agree with that. Most nooblets are not only noobs to zOMG but to Gaia as a whole.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:32 pm

You know, depending on how creative you are with the Mules' names, newbies might just think the invite is part of the tutorial.
      Something like "zOMG! Instructor" that sounds official.

You could also just use Shout to ask who'd like to join a zOMG! Class.

Emyre

Wheezing Warlord

~Yuki~

Unbeatable Glitch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:08 pm
Well I happen to have a clan right now that I could easily manipulate into "Training Facility" It will take some time to pull up most of the guides and
such but I can do it....>.> Or have Zomb do it because I'm lazy and shes now crew here. I'm not sure if I should hurry and make a mule of if I should allow someone who's higher up to do that?

Also I've already taken the initiative to go to the "welcome to gaia" forums and encouraging people who are gold hungry to check out zOMG. I suggest that other people put something zOMG related in their sig and link it to the launch screen. Hopefully that pulls new members. Put something catchy that always helps ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:08 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I am doing work? D:
Psh no, I am getting laid this weekend. >3
As me next Tuesday.

Sign this and click image above to support zOMG!

Zombilious

Friendly Gaian

sky_rider19

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:59 am
I will be willing to become a teacher once we get established. If you want I can start designing outfits for the mules.  
The Think Tank

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff