Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Square Enix Cosplayers Guild

Back to Guilds

Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts, Cosplay, Chat, Gatherings, Roleplaying and Info 

Tags: Cosplay, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Convention, Game 

Reply Games, Contests and Ticketed events
The Square Enix Winter Story #1 (Rebel Rinoa Heartilly Wins) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who has the best story?
  nya_Neko-chii
  Sorceress Rinoa VIII
  Leading Ladies
  Rebel Rinoa Heartilly
View Results

Princess Augustine

Beloved Phantom

11,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:29 pm
At some point, I would learn to just say no to these people. One day, I would walk up to my boss and say “I’m sorry, but I can’t work that game.” The fact that I’m a complete pushover doesn’t help. Not to mention my boss is the scariest man you’ll ever meet.

Nevertheless, there I was, wrapping puckered, wrinkly hot dogs that had been long overcooked in the too-hot warming box. Every time the wind blew through the open-air kiosk, the kicked-up smell of meat was almost nauseating. Hours spent in the local football stadium will take that toll. Every so often, the December devil-winds would pick up in a split-second gale, tossing paper plates and plastic eating utensils every which way, and I’d be broken from the robotic repetitions to try and gather the scattered place settings, only to fail miserably. Repeat this cycle from 7 AM to 7 PM. At the very least, I was in an ideal place to watch drunken football spectators be led or, even more amusingly, sometimes dragged past my kiosk.

It must have been about noon. The sun was high, but it was that winter sunlight that provided no warmth. I was relieved of my disgusting hot dog wrapping duties to clean tables around the perimeter. Our uniforms didn’t allow for a jacket, or even a long sleeved-shirt to go under our uniform blouses. I danced from table to table to ward off the biting cold. I was cleaning the outermost table, when shadows appeared from the corners of my eyes. Distracted by these shadows, I looked up. Four people; three men and a woman that didn’t work here were approaching the employees-only boundary line. Civilians were not allowed back here. I waited until they were past the point of no return, and I reluctantly stood to my full height and moved to the gate. “Excuse me, but you cannot go through here. Employees only.” I said, sensing the hesitation in my voice. I hated this matter of confronting people. The one closest to me: the woman, turned towards me, her face obscured by a baseball cap. She had impossibly long blonde hair. Even pulled back and stuffed into the fastener of her hat, her hair nearly reached the floor. “Oh, we know. We want to talk to you.” Her lips curved into a malicious smile. I started to respond, but found that I couldn’t. “Yes, we just want you to travel home safely tonight, dear.” The tallest of the three men said. His face too was covered, but with a odd bandana sort of thing. His body was wrapped in a cowl of the same material, as if he was wearing a home team cloak. I had officially entered self-defense mode, and began backing away towards my booth, praying that someone was coming to my rescue. The shortest of the three men, hunched over to the point of nearly being on all fours, reached out with one, bony hand. He wore a tattered, loose-fitting home team hoodie, the hood pulled up over his face.

“Now, now. Don’t leave, not ssso soon.” He rasped, amusement in his voice. “It’sss as if you’ve---“his sentence cut off, his hand frozen where it had extended. A spilt second later, he struck out of my throat with his extended arm, seizing the chain of my necklace and drawing out the pendant hiding under the collar of my shirt. ‘Well! What is thisss trinket here!” he said in mock-astonishment. He tugged on the chain, brining me closer to the four. They all examined the blue prismatic crystal with a good deal of care. “Hm. This does change a few things, does it not?” The squat man said to his friends. I swallowed hard. I tried looking around. Nobody seemed to notice this encounter. I held tighter to the cold metal bar of the boundary fence. It bit painfully into my stomach. They all seemed to look at each other, then at me squirming in my position. The hunch-backed one flicked the pendant into my face. With a cry of alarm, I staggered back. They snickered to themselves. “That is all, love.” The blonde woman said, her smirk cracking into a twisted grin. With that, they turned away and walked off. I stood in a stupor for a moment or two. As frightening as the encounter was, I couldn’t help but notice some similarities between them and four other malignant beings. My manager’s voice snapped me back to reality. “Hey! Lewis! What’re you doing?” I turned, still slightly spooked from my exchange. I barely managed a question-like squeak. “Come on, girl. Don’t just stand there!” I gulped again, nodding quickly, returning hastily to my work.

The hours came and went, sometimes blustered about in the December air. I eventually forgot about the strange encounter in the afternoon. I did get tired more easily, though. It was quite a challenge pushing the carts of equipment back to storage at the end of the night. My fellow food servers and I trickled out of the stadium gates in ones, twos and threes. The weatherman had forecasted the onset of a massive winter storm tonight, and he was true to his word. The devil-winds came more quickly and lasted even longer. They blew bitterly cold. Those of them that worked alongside good friends huddled together for warmth as they walked. I, on the other hand, held myself tightly, rubbing my exposed arms as I trudged on heavy limbs to the bus. I had relinquished my uniform blouse at the end of my shift. Now I walked in my sleeveless undershirt in the frigid air.

Thankfully, the line for the bus had dissipated, and the heater was on full-blast. I took my seat in the bus’s rear, pulling my uniform cap over my eyes so I could take a nap or something. I didn’t care to see the other employees boarding the bus. They would probably do the same thing I was when they took their seats. In five minutes, the bus was rolling out of the loading platform. The hum of the engines lulled me into a light sleep almost instantly.

You see, we the workers have a special parking lot located off-site. That site, from the stadium, takes about thirty minutes to get to. Fifteen minutes into our trip, I was brutally awakened by the sound of screeching brakes and my head being thrown into the window I was leaning up against. I cried out, looking out at the blue darkness in confusion. The lights on the bus illuminated the road below us. I could see straight down the road we were driving on. The bus was sliding sideways on a murky, dark film: Black ice. Adrenaline shot through my veins. My eyes widened as I saw the road disappear again, the bus swerving back towards the right. Just then, there was a horrible, abrupt thud on the front side of the bus, the whole vehicle shuddering from some unseen impact. The out-of-control bus stopped when the impact was made. I felt myself sucking in short, frantic gasps. It was then that I noticed that none of the other passengers were afraid. They didn’t even look around, and the bus was eerily silent. I immediately feared the worst. I got up from my seat, crawling over the empty seat to my right and into the aisle way. “A-anybody?” I stammered. I peered into the row of seats in front of mine.

Staring back at me were two grinning goblins, their knives raised for combat.

I screamed, jumping back towards the rear of the bus. When I did, the passengers too got up from their seats, weapons clinking together. Fiends, from every Final Fantasy game I had played, rose up from the seats in front of mine. The driver got up, her long blonde hair hanging freely and cascading over her shoulder every which way. The door slid open, and a brunette, dark-skinned woman boarded the bus behind the fiends. My heart dropped when I saw that her lower half wasn’t human—but snake. “But, Barbariccia, it is so small and weak-looking.” Marilith hissed, gesturing towards me with one of her wicked blades. The blonde wind fiend shot her glare. “Of course. It’s not her we want.” She shot back, stalking up the ranks of lesser fiends. “That crystal. We want—no, need it.” She said, gesturing towards me. By now, I was pressed up against the back window, my knees shaking under me. “Now go!” Barbariccia shrieked. “Bring me her eyes!” Marilith commanded at the tail end of Barbariccia’s order.

The goblins closest to me lashed out with their small knives. But, being goblins, they were cannon fodder that could stand up to nothing. I kicked their scrawny bodies away, hampering the advance of the fiends behind them. I threw myself at the back window, madly fumbling with the emergency exit release. The monsters’ assault was gnarled by fiends trying to press up the tiny aisle way, biding me at least some time. Marilith gave a fearsome roar, beginning to move up the aisle herself. ‘Stupid, stupid fiends!” she shouted, obviously impatient . Just as she was midway through the twisted fiends, I finally released the emergency exit and swung out into the icy road. The mechanism also triggered the sprinklers system in the bus. Marilith cried out in anger, as I could only assume that she wouldn’t particularly like water or any such thing. I took off running down the road, angling towards the snow-dusted shoulder so that I could hide faster.

A line of fire surged past me on the left, igniting the bushes on the side of the dark road. They caught instantly in spite of the snow dusted over them (The winter was always dry here.). I skidded to a stop before my flaming barrier, and turned back to where I had just came. The arch-fiends, two for each element from two separate fantasies slowly approached. “That crystal…That Winterdream crystal.” One of them said. I looked from monster to monster. “Give us your eyes, your heart…” The Lich rasped, raising one skeletal arm. “Your hands and your tongue. They’re no use to you now.” Tiamat crooned. I retreated as far as they advanced, until I could feel the flames on the back of my neck. There was no escape, no way to fight back. For all it was worth, I was a mere townsperson caught in the midst of a warrior’s fight. It was over. I squeezed my eyes shut, and hoped that they would seize my heart first and kill me quickly.

The heat of the flames suddenly dissipated, leaving the biting cold on my bare shoulders. The Arch-fiends all screeched together in frustration. The sound of swords leaving sheathes and electricity jumping filled the air. Suddenly, I was blasted back into the snowdrifts by something. I landed roughly, finally opening my eyes again. Five people, their silhouettes moving too quickly in front of the damaged bus’s headlights. The eight arch-fiends were distracted. I took this opportunity, and took off into the snow-covered woods. In my current state, I didn’t care to notice that I was leaving footprints in the thick snow.

I ran. I ran harder and faster than I ever have. I had to get away. My world didn’t have arch-fiends! Buses weren’t filled with monsters! It just wasn’t feasible! I must be dreaming, I must be dreaming! I ran faster, trying to wake up. I never looked back, because I knew that my nightmare would be chasing me. If I didn’t look back, it wouldn’t catch up to me! It wouldn’t! Not even when oddly familiar voices called for me to stop, to wait. I ran and ran until my muscles stopped responding the way they should. They stopped altogether after a while, and I fell into a snow-covered thicket, shuddering from the cold. I looked at my hands. They were grayish blue, the color extending up my arms. I tried to move. Moving always wards away hypothermia. I could not. I tried to scream, but my voice shook from the shivering I couldn’t control.

It seemed like an eternity. The snow fell harder. I started to lose the feeling in my hands and feet. Another eternity passed. It was hard to keep my eyes open. As time passed, I began to be less scared. I felt like I was going to be okay going to sleep in this snowy thicket, which didn’t seem so cold anymore. I closed my eyes, and smiled to myself. Just a little nap, I thought. It would all be okay. I would wake up from this dream in my own bed. As I shut my eyes, a tall, white figure appeared before me, running at me with an unnecessary sense of urgency. Sleep claimed me then.

Fin part One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:25 pm
Very interesting Leading Ladies!  

The Real Raijin
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Sorceress Rinoa VIII

5,550 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:08 pm
Kat's Christmas in Luca by Sorceress Rinoa VIII
Disclaimer: I don't own Final Fantasy X or it's charaters but I own Kat because she's me.

Kat was a photographer who loved taking pictures and recording cool events.
She was traveling to Luca for Christmas break. She was traveling the Mi'ihen Highroad alone.
She fought the usual fiends like the Mi'ihen Fang, Bombs and Floating Eyes.
Kat would just slay the fiends with her sword and shield.
When the sun was setting, Kat entered the travel agency to take a rest.
She looked at a book called "Mysterious Fiends of Spira."
"This is an interesting book," she thought to herself.
Kat glanced at a weird picture called a "Chocobo Eater."
She kept reading the book until the sun set and she booked her room for the night.

Kat woke up to a sound of a person screaming. "Somebody please
help us!" screamed a woman, "A wierd fiend is eating chocobos!"
"That's a Chocobo Eater," said Kat. "Don't worry I'll handle him!"
Kat went outside of the travel agency and drew her sword and shield.
The Chocobo Eater had large and lenghty arms and huge teeth.
The fiend threw Kat near a ledge, she was about to fall until a young blonde haired
man jumped in and slashed the Chocobo Eater. A young woman wearing a kimono
grabbed Kat's hand to pull her up. Kat saw a redheaded man grab her other hand.
"You'll be okay, ya," he told Kat. When Kat got back up, the Chocobo eater was down.
"Kat grabbed her weapon and joined the blonde guy to slay the Chocobo Eater.

"Thank you for saving me. I thought I was done for."
"You shouldn't be jumping into battle like that," said a woman.
The woman looked Gothic. She approached Kat and the two people that saved her.
"I'm Kat, I'm a photographer who is traveling to Luca for Christmas."
"I'm Lulu, it is nice to meet you." the woman introuduced herself.
"The name's Yuna, I'm a summoner. And this guy next to me is Wakka ," said Yuna.
The blonde guy introduced himself. "Nice to meet ya, I'm Tidus."
"You're heading to Luca for Christmas, right?" asked Yuna.
"Yeah, why?" Kat asked. "I was gonna take some nice picture for my friends."
"We have a few friends who are already in Luca as we speak," said Lulu,
"We heard some screaming on the Highroad and we decided to help out."

Kat and her new friends headed to Luca with no problems after the
Chocobo Eater incident. As the five friends headed into Luca, it was decorated
with Christmas decorations and lights. A girl with blond hair, and two men
walked up to Kat and her friends. "Yunie! I'm glad you're alright!" shouted the girl.
"Who's the young woman? asked the first man. The man had sunglasses, a red coat
and a water jug on his hip. The second man was a beast-like creature.
"Sir Auron, this is Kat, the woman we saved," said Yuna.
Auron shook Kat's hand. "These are our fellow guardians, Rikku, Auron and
Kimahri," introduced Tidus. "Kat, do you have anywhere to be?" asked Wakka.
"No, not at all, I'm here to see the tree lighting tonight and to see my family," said Kat

The friends walked to a cafe inside of Luca.
and ordered some food. "So do you like taking pictures?" asked Rikku.
"Yes it's a passion of mine. I travel all over Spira to take some pictures of
places, fiends and other things." Kat had her sphere camera and showed her friends
the Chocobo Eater battle. "Kimahri should have helped Yuna," said Kimahri
"It's alright," said Yuna. Later in the day, Kat walked around Luca
with Yuna ,Rikku and Lulu "I love Christmas," said Rikku
"Same here, it's a great way to spend time with your friends," said Yuna,
"Kat what do you like about Christmas?"
"I like hanging out with family and friends of course. How about you, Lulu?
"The holidays are great. Like Kat said, it's a great way to spend
time with family and friends," said Lulu.

In the evening, Luca was transformed into a Christmas wonderland.
The colorful lights were shining, there was a huge tree in the middle of
the town. Townspeople were singing carols. Kat was recording the festivites with her
sphere camera. A large crowd of people surrounded the tree while it lit up.
"Wow, so pretty!" shouted Rikku. "The tree reminds me of Zanarkand," said Tidus.
"Because of the lights?" asked Yuna, "You know it," he replied.
"I have never had this much fun seeing the lights ya," said Wakka.
Kat took pictures of the tree and of her friends.
Many townsfolk were throwing confetti, releasing balloons and continued their singing.
The tree lighting in Luca was the most wonderful night Kat ever had.

The next morning, Kat was getting ready to leave to see her family.
"Are you sure you cannot be with us any longer?" Asked Auron.
"No I can't, I must meet with my family," said Kat.
"Before you go, we have a Christmas present for you," Said Lulu.
Lulu handed Kat a new sword and shield. "Thank you very much!" Kat said.
"Kat will always remain in Kimahri's heart," said Kimarhi.
"Aw you're so sweet!" Kat hugged him. She continued to hug her new friends.
"Merry Christmas everyone!" Kat said. "Goodbye Kat! I'll miss you!" shouted Rikku.
When Kat left to her destination, Yuna saw an envelope on the floor.
"It's from Kat," she said. "Well let's see what it is," said Lulu.
Yuna opened the envelope, it was pictures from the tree lighting.
"These are pictures from last night," said Tidus.
Yuna and her guardians looked at the pictures. "There's a letter," said Rikku.
Lulu read the letter, "'To everyone, thank you for the wonderful time we've had. I haven't
had this much fun in a while. Thank you for so much for all the things like
saving my life, hanging out with me and the new weapon."
We wil meet again. Your friend, Kat.'"
"That was kind of her to write, ya." said Wakka.

While traveling to her family's house, Kat looked to the sky and smiled.
She knew this will not be the last time she will see her new friends again. The End.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:51 am
When exactly does it have to be posted by? I've been working on one, but I'm having trouble finishing it because I babysit my little brother and sister, and my brother has a fever so he's extra cranky.  

Rebel Rinoa Heartilly

SpellWeaver_Aqua

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:24 am
I'm really, really sorry, I can't make it. My family and I are going to Viet, so I won't be able to post the story nor make the gathering. I'm so sorry. T^T
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:55 am
nya_Neko-chii
^^; thanks. I was rereading your instructions and was a bit flustered. I had to fit myself in there somehow. o_o

You did very well!  

The Real Raijin
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

The Real Raijin
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:56 am
Rebel Rinoa Heartilly
When exactly does it have to be posted by? I've been working on one, but I'm having trouble finishing it because I babysit my little brother and sister, and my brother has a fever so he's extra cranky.

It's due by tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:57 am
SpellWeaver_Aqua
I'm really, really sorry, I can't make it. My family and I are going to Viet, so I won't be able to post the story nor make the gathering. I'm so sorry. T^T
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Ah, I see. It's a busy time of year. Have a safe trip and happy holidays!  

The Real Raijin
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Rebel Rinoa Heartilly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:06 am
The Real Raijin
Rebel Rinoa Heartilly

It's due by tomorrow.

Thanks. I might be able to get it done by then.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:12 am
Nice energy in the story Sorceress Rinoa and I think you did well in trying to match the character with their personalities.  

The Real Raijin
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

The Real Raijin
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:13 am
Rebel Rinoa Heartilly
The Real Raijin
Rebel Rinoa Heartilly

It's due by tomorrow.

Thanks. I might be able to get it done by then.

Alright, I'll looking forward to it.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:29 am
The Real Raijin
Nice energy in the story Sorceress Rinoa and I think you did well in trying to match the character with their personalities.

Thank you vey much.  

Sorceress Rinoa VIII

5,550 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

The Real Raijin
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:04 am
Sorceress Rinoa VIII
The Real Raijin

Thank you vey much.

Your welcome  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:21 am
The Christmas Quest

The middle of December
That's when our story starts
With a small group of people
In the world of Kingdom Hearts
We set out on an adventure
Traveling from place to place
Looking for the perfect gifts
To put a smile on every face