Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Metroid Guild

Back to Guilds

Journey to the very depth of Zebes, the official guild for the Hardcore Metroid Fan. 

Tags: Metroid, Samus, Prime 

Reply The Official Metroid Guild Main Forum
Metroid 101 Sticky: Open for Hunters info! Check first post Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dave the Twisted

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:52 am
If I recall right, oyu may have missed a Metroid species or 2.
Fission Metroid: When mutated by Phazon, metroids gain various odd qualities. Exposure to beta radiation causes them to asexually reproduce by dividing, much like a cell undergoing mitosis.

Mochtroid: n Super Metroid, imperfect Metroid clones, called Mochtroids, live in the Maridia sector of Zebes. They are very weak and vulnerable to conventional weapons, and cannot grip their prey when attempting to feed. These creatures also commonly appear in the demo, Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:39 pm
Actually, any Metroid can reproduce when exposed to beta rays. The Fission Metroids are so radioactive that they can expose themselves to it anytime they want. That, or it's from the crater they're in.

I wonder how I forgot the Mochtroids, especially since I just played Super Metroid not too long ago. sweatdrop

Anyway, thanks for the reminder.  

Omega Darkness
Crew

Black Ice Anti-Hero

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:54 pm
actualy mertoid wasnt remade
it was rereleased
there is a difference  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:45 pm
James Howlet
actualy mertoid wasnt remade
it was rereleased
there is a difference
Thanks for bringing it up. I guess I was thinking about Zero Mission.  

Omega Darkness
Crew

Caest

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:37 pm
Ok, since this is my first post in the guild(yay ^^), I've decided to lend some knowledge. I read over everything that was posted at the start, and I've picked a topic that's somewhat important to me.

Dark Samus(seen in Metroid Prime 2 Echoes) isn't actually the Phazon Suit brought to life. (Please note that this will spoil the 100% ending of Metroid Prime) If you got to 100% on Metroid Prime, you'll see a small pool of Phazon in the area where you fought Metroid Prime in it's final form. When you get a close-up on that pool, a hand will shoot out of the pool. Now, I'm not sure if anyone made this connection(but if you have, congratz), but in Echoes, during the final fight with Dark Samus, you'll notice that she's finally decided to go all out and you can actually see through her somewhat. Now, if you looked closely in the cutscene before Samus and her evil twin duke it out, you'll see that on the back of Dark Samus's hands that there are eyes. Now, an interesting tidbit, that arm that came out of the pool of Phazon in Prime 1 had an eye on the back of it's hand. In other words, Dark Samus is actually Metroid Prime, back for revenge agianst the one who destroyed her body.

However, if you feel that I'm wrong, that's fine. But this is what I think, so I could be right, or wrong.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:31 pm
Thanks for the info. And that's a pretty good explanation, it's definitely a lot more believable than Dark Samus being just a corrupted suit. And at the end of Prime 1, the hand's internal structure does look awfully similar to Dark Samus without the armor.

Just to let you know, I did believe that Dark Samus was Metroid Prime, and shared DNA with Samus because of the Phazon Suit it absorbed. But as you can tell, I wasn't thinking about it too much and I forgot. So thanks again for the info.  

Omega Darkness
Crew

Card388
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:19 am
sorry to bring this really old topic up

I don't think the DNA got fused i think the Phazon suit gave it the shape
and turned to Dark samus
but the new mystery is how did she get back this time?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:13 pm
About the Chozo - They in fact did all die off. In Prime 3 there's a lore in Skytown (I think) that says they went off to a distant planet but that planet was corrupted by a Phazon Seed hurled at it by a supposed living planet, also mentioned in one of the Skytown lores.  

Newcomer Pit

Psycho Darkness

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:35 pm
Sorry guys, I'm no longer a part of this guild. Everything in this sticky is now MasterGiovanni's responsibility.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:49 pm
I'm not sure if it is important but the SA-X escaped using a power bomb  

hatsu_nyan

Fashionable Genius

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Ukalos

Loyal Gekko

7,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:59 pm
Omega Darkness
Thanks for the info. And that's a pretty good explanation, it's definitely a lot more believable than Dark Samus being just a corrupted suit. And at the end of Prime 1, the hand's internal structure does look awfully similar to Dark Samus without the armor.

Just to let you know, I did believe that Dark Samus was Metroid Prime, and shared DNA with Samus because of the Phazon Suit it absorbed. But as you can tell, I wasn't thinking about it too much and I forgot. So thanks again for the info.
I agree with you because if you look closely at Samus when Metroid Prime is sucking the Phazon out of Samus' suit, you can see that Metroid Prime literally PULLS the Phazon suit right off, took me 20 runs of killing Metroid Prime to notice it  
The Official Metroid Guild Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff