Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Ditheism and Identity Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:36 am
Viz_22
Colors right now are silver, black and green for the goddess. I didn't realize it, but I guess the three colors are also representations of the three aspects of the Goddess: silver for maiden, green for mother, and black for crone. As for the God, it's mostly gold/yellow and red like the sun (though the red comes from the setting sun).

I associate the rising and setting sun with my Lord as well. That your goddess is a triple goddess is interesting, too - I wasn't aware of that.

All shades of green, or a particular one?

Quote:
I'm not sure about objects right now though....but I believe everything is tied to both the God and Goddess. Though some objects may be more in tune to one or the other, each object and person is connected to both.

That's interesting, too 3nodding

So there aren't, for example, particular ritual tools connected to one and not the other? Or is it more that a tool or something will be associated strongly with one, but still associated with the other as well, only less so?

Quote:
I havent thought about places... the closest thing I can answer with is that Stonehenge feels more like a place for the God. There's another circle in England that might be for the Goddess... I can't remember what it's called but it surrounds a town (again I forget the name of the location). But anywhere near a body of water or a forest/wood type place is the Goddess' domain and mountains and volcanoes and plains are more like the God's places.

Is there a reason for Stonehenge connecting with your god? Is it a sun thing?

I too tend to associate bodies of water with my Goddess and mountains and plains with my God. Though I think I associate forests with both, maybe a bit more with my God than my Goddess. I have not thought of volcanoes. This is the sort of thing I find interesting - whether you and I might worship the same deities, or not. So I'm interested in similarities and differences, and whether we may have been influenced by similar sources, what is gnosis and what is influence from elsewhere, etc.

Quote:
I guess for concepts there's way too many. But the main symbolism is the tie with the sun and the moon. Both celestial beings influence our lives in such great ways, and there's a tradition of solar gods and lunar goddesses that I didn't break away from.... but those are just symbols, They are much more than just a Sun God and a Moon Goddess. They reign over the elements and the forces of life. And while They may not directly interact with life itself, they spark and create life and help guide us when we need guidance. They are destiny, without having direct control over our destiny. They are anything and everything.

I used to pray to my Goddess in the evening, most successfully at moonrise or moonset, and my God at sunrise or in the early morning, associating them with moon and sun respectively. And I wondered whether it was previous influence from pseudo-Wicca books making me associate them with those bodies particularly, so I switched it for a while. It didn't work well at all! I may repeat the experiment in the future. I'm still not convinced as to whether the association is purely mine or not.

I relate Them to those bodies but don't think of Them as "celestial deities". They are symbols associated with Them but far from them only ones.

Quote:
Anything else? XD; I hope this was more helpful for ya 3nodding

It really was ^_^

I have an overview of my own deities here if you are at all interested in reading it. (Quid pro quo, after all.)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:35 am
Sanguina Cruenta

All shades of green, or a particular one?

Not all shades, it's a light green. Like a bamboo green (closest thing I could think of to compare).

Quote:

That's interesting, too 3nodding

So there aren't, for example, particular ritual tools connected to one and not the other? Or is it more that a tool or something will be associated strongly with one, but still associated with the other as well, only less so?

The tools are connected to both the God and the Goddess. They may have stronger connections to either or, but they still have a connection to the other one. Which is why I present the tools to both the Lord and Lady.

It's like how I feel closer to my Goddess because we're both female. I still have the God within me and I still have my connection to Him, but there's a gender gap and so I talk to Her more easily.

Quote:

Is there a reason for Stonehenge connecting with your god? Is it a sun thing?

I too tend to associate bodies of water with my Goddess and mountains and plains with my God. Though I think I associate forests with both, maybe a bit more with my God than my Goddess. I have not thought of volcanoes. This is the sort of thing I find interesting - whether you and I might worship the same deities, or not. So I'm interested in similarities and differences, and whether we may have been influenced by similar sources, what is gnosis and what is influence from elsewhere, etc.

Stonehenge just came to mind...I visited the stone structure over the summer and the fact that certain stones correspond to the solstices struck me more as it being a place for the Sun, and so it seemed to me to be a structure that the God would take reign.

The forests being linked to my Goddess comes from that I think it's a place where the earth element reigns and it's a feminine element. But when you have all the leaves overhead with the sun filtering through, it's kind of like a forest-y womb of nature.

Quote:

I used to pray to my Goddess in the evening, most successfully at moonrise or moonset, and my God at sunrise or in the early morning, associating them with moon and sun respectively. And I wondered whether it was previous influence from pseudo-Wicca books making me associate them with those bodies particularly, so I switched it for a while. It didn't work well at all! I may repeat the experiment in the future. I'm still not convinced as to whether the association is purely mine or not.

I pray to them at the same time when I can. Ideally I would like to pray to them at different times, but seeing as the only time I tend to remember to do so is right as I'm climbing into bed, I try and talk to them at the same time and be as ambiguous as I can so I don't try to talk to one over the other since I'm addressing Them both. And that experiment is interesting... I'd try it myself if I didn't think the Goddess was linked to the Moon and to us through... female stuff. I've always thought that link made the moon more female oriented since all women end up with that link to the Moon. So for me it feels natural that the Moon is linked to the Goddess.

Quote:

It really was ^_^

Also, just another random thing to include... My deities feel both Italian and English....it could be that they present themselves like that to me because I had a conflict over not being able to connect to either the Roman or the Celtic pantheons (since I'm both part Italian and part English and I wanted to connect with my heritage. But mixing was out of the idea, two different cultures and I didn't connect to any deity in particular in either pantheon anyway). But all that matters is that they feel right to me, though They are moving away from feeling like any type of region and feeling like Themselves more. Though Their names to me still have a flavour of both regions.

Quote:
I have an overview of my own deities here if you are at all interested in reading it. (Quid pro quo, after all.)

and that truly was an interesting read. I found quite a few similarities as well as some things that will eventually come to me later about my God once I become more comfortable working with that sort of stuff. I understand it's a part of Him, but otherwise, I'm not ready for those parts yet.

Your Goddess sounds similar to mine, except that she is no longer a triple goddess. Personally, I think black hair suits the Goddess more rather than anything else (except for white when she enters Crone for me....White like the snow of winter that I barely see here haha).  

Viz_22

Beloved Prophet

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games