Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:15 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
I kind of want to design a Nagant-esque revolver in .22LR/Short with a threaded barrel. ******** would be SO MUCH FUN to shoot suppressed. .22 Short is magnum air rifle quiet already, can you imagine that s**t with a can?
dude, the russians already did this with the 1895 nagant revolver.

they made a target version for training that's been around for almost as long as the 30 cal version has

I had a nagant revolver a few years ago, traded for a mosin.

I used to shoot .32 longs and .32 magnums all the time out of it instead of the weird 7.62 nagant ammo that's hard to find
Yeah, J&G Sales sells a .32ACP cylinder for the Nagant. Problem is, without the 7.62 Nagant cartridge, it's no longer a gas seal design. You have to build the GUN to make its own gas seal and by firing subsonic .22 out of a revolver and through a silencer, the gun will be as close to silent as any firearm could ever possibly be, with the speed of follow up shots that revolvers have and manual actions don't, with the bonus of being in pistol form.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:00 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Floyd
Want to watch someone build a mil spec weapon? We've got a show for you.

Due on Discovery next month, Sons of Guns looks like a winner out of the gate. Take one fairly interesting gunsmith with experience with weapons and a million dollar machine shop. Add wild gun ideas. Mix and compress for the time slot, and you have a kick a** idea.

Quote:
DISCOVERY CHANNEL'S ALL-NEW SERIES, "SONS OF GUNS," WILL HAVE AUDIENCES FIRED UP

- Series to Premiere Wednesday, January 12 at 10PM -

(Silver Spring, Md.) - "If you can dream it, we can build it" is the motto at Red Jacket, the nation's most unique weapons business. Owner Will Hayden and his eclectic crew of Baton Rouge, Louisiana gunsmiths and historians rise to the challenge daily on Discovery Channel's world premiere series SONS OF GUNS, creating one-of-a-kind custom weapons. The show fires off on Wednesdays at 10PM ET/PT, starting January 12.

Article
I heard not too long ago.

Will is a god with AK's

I went to his birthday party / machinegun shoot back in june and got to fire many of his builds.
there were reps from mississippi auto arms and MD arms there as well so I got to mess around with some of their stuff too.

theres a good chance you may see me on the show somewhere because there was a tv camera at the shoot and they said it was for their new show.

(and yes valkyrie, they do automatics too)
Oh joy. Maybe they'll do my belt fed .50 BMG AR rifle idea.
IDK about that but joe from red jacket put together an M2 not too long ago

I think as long as you can get a hold of a transferable M2, red jacket can probably find a way to mount it onto an AR lower and give it a shorter barrel....

I wouldnt reccommend it though....

theres no other transferable .50bmg machinegun out there that I know of so an M2 is probably your only choice in the matter. just be ready to spend over $30k for the M2 alone, nevermind the custom work

if you had an M2 built new, it would have to be semi auto, but at least it would be under $10k

also, here's the link to the trailer vid http://www.facebook.com/?ref=mb&sk=messages#!/video/video.php?v=1665435549867
I won't settle for cutting corners.

Valkyrie a while back made a belt fed adapter for the reciever of AR-15s and before that the original AR-10 had a belt feed adapterthat came standard with it.

Here's what you do. Take the entire AR design and upscale it. Take a Valkyrie belt feed adapter meant for AR-15s and upscale it. Install. Make the barrel heavier and you're done.

So basically what I've given you is a an upscaled AR rifle that has the same belt feed capability as the original AR-10 rifle.

It's not the fact that it fires .50 BMG it's because it looks cooler than an M2 doing it.
So what you want is a .50BMG Ares Shrike.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:40 pm
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

Will is a god with AK's

I went to his birthday party / machinegun shoot back in june and got to fire many of his builds.
there were reps from mississippi auto arms and MD arms there as well so I got to mess around with some of their stuff too.

theres a good chance you may see me on the show somewhere because there was a tv camera at the shoot and they said it was for their new show.

I think as long as you can get a hold of a transferable M2, red jacket can probably find a way to mount it onto an AR lower and give it a shorter barrel....

theres no other transferable .50bmg machinegun out there that I know of so an M2 is probably your only choice in the matter. just be ready to spend over $30k for the M2 alone, nevermind the custom work

if you had an M2 built new, it would have to be semi auto, but at least it would be under $10k

also, here's the link to the trailer vid http://www.facebook.com/?ref=mb&sk=messages#!/video/video.php?v=1665435549867

Valkyrie a while back made a belt fed adapter for the reciever of AR-15s and before that the original AR-10 had a belt feed adapterthat came standard with it.

Here's what you do. Take the entire AR design and upscale it. Take a Valkyrie belt feed adapter meant for AR-15s and upscale it. Install. Make the barrel heavier and you're done.

So basically what I've given you is a an upscaled AR rifle that has the same belt feed capability as the original AR-10 rifle.

It's not the fact that it fires .50 BMG it's because it looks cooler than an M2 doing it.
Nada. Ares Shrike's just an upper reciever taken off the M2 design.
What I want is...
Basically a .50 BMG AR identical in design to AR-10. This means direct gas impingement operation, belt feed capability, back up 10 round magazine system, thumb firing selector and the same cosmetic appearance. Got it?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:52 am
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
I kind of want to design a Nagant-esque revolver in .22LR/Short with a threaded barrel. ******** would be SO MUCH FUN to shoot suppressed. .22 Short is magnum air rifle quiet already, can you imagine that s**t with a can?
dude, the russians already did this with the 1895 nagant revolver.

they made a target version for training that's been around for almost as long as the 30 cal version has

I had a nagant revolver a few years ago, traded for a mosin.

I used to shoot .32 longs and .32 magnums all the time out of it instead of the weird 7.62 nagant ammo that's hard to find
Yeah, J&G Sales sells a .32ACP cylinder for the Nagant. Problem is, without the 7.62 Nagant cartridge, it's no longer a gas seal design. You have to build the GUN to make its own gas seal and by firing subsonic .22 out of a revolver and through a silencer, the gun will be as close to silent as any firearm could ever possibly be, with the speed of follow up shots that revolvers have and manual actions don't, with the bonus of being in pistol form.
no no, I never used the .32 apc cylinder. I used the same 7.62x38 nagant cylinder to fire .32 long, .32 magnum, and 7.62 nagant out of without changing out anything  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:17 am
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

Will is a god with AK's

What I want is...
Basically a .50 BMG AR identical in design to AR-10. This means direct gas impingement operation, belt feed capability, back up 10 round magazine system, thumb firing selector and the same cosmetic appearance. Got it?
You know, the AR-15 is a very popular design. It's been made for an a**-ton of calibers, and portions of its design have been taken for countless other weapons. Yet, beyond the bolt face design and a single-shot AR-15 upper, I've never seen AR ideas in a .50 cal, and I have to assume there's a reason for that.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:24 pm
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

What I want is...
You know, the AR-15 is a very popular design. It's been made for an a**-ton of calibers, and portions of its design have been taken for countless other weapons. Yet, beyond the bolt face design and a single-shot AR-15 upper, I've never seen AR ideas in a .50 cal, and I have to assume there's a reason for that.
Cobbs Manufacturing already made a .50BMG rifle from an AR design.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:57 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985

What I want is...
From what I can see, it uses the AR stock, grip, takedown design, maybe the trigger group, and everything else is unique. I've never seen an AR simply upscaled to .50.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:41 am
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
What I want is...
From what I can see, it uses the AR stock, grip, takedown design, maybe the trigger group, and everything else is unique. I've never seen an AR simply upscaled to .50.
Same type straight pull bolt design used in AR conversions. I really don't see what could possibly go wrong since Cobbs uses the same alloys as smaller caiber ARs and AS50 use direct impingement.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:53 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
What I want is...
Same type straight pull bolt design used in AR conversions. I really don't see what could possibly go wrong since Cobbs uses the same alloys as smaller caiber ARs and AS50 use direct impingement.
Well now failure is assured. God, that's almost as bad as "I think we're safe in here" or "nobody could have possibly survived that blast!"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:59 pm
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Well now failure is assured. God, that's almost as bad as "I think we're safe in here" or "nobody could have possibly survived that blast!"
Har har. Can't say it fails unless they build one and test it.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:40 am
Well, tonight is the first episode. Pity it's on against a first run episode of Nova with David Pogue as host. At least there's no new Mythbusters to distract me. Silly clip show reruns.

This had better be good. If it looks like American Choppers, I'm gonna be really pissed!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:11 pm
about that time chaps  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

IDK WTF Im Doing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:39 pm
I wonder how much it would cost to make a .45 lever action. Im seroulyt considering this guy to make one for me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:49 pm
IDK WTF Im Doing
I wonder how much it would cost to make a .45 lever action. Im seroulyt considering this guy to make one for me.
I guess that depends.

if you can find a receiver for one then youre in business. not that they can't mill their own

will mostly deals with AK and AR and combloc stuff.

usually if theres a parts kit for something they can definitely build something out of it.

I dont know about building a lever rifle but they can transform a lever action into something different if you told them what you wanted done to it.

ask em, maybe they might be able to build one anyways.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:04 am
So, it looks like a winner. twisted

What do you want from the first show? The suppressed Saiga 12 shotgun or the Master Key?  
Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff