Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Spells Back Firing Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:17 pm
Cheetahs Wolf
Esiris
Cheetahs Wolf
well i believe whatever you do onto someone it will come back on you, which is why i suggest only white magick.

Do you consider Rose's spell to be "white magick"?

i was only replying to iedityourworld and voicing my opinion on it

Perhaps a different question, then: what do you think 'white magick' is?

Also: can I ask you politely to not use "Blessed Be" in your signature file? It's part of the sacred language of my religion, and I'd prefer it not be used out of context or incorrectly by people who are not members of my faith. Thanks.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:20 pm
Esiris
I'm sorry for your loss ncsweet.

Thanks!! heart heart

oOGarrettOo
I've never had a spell backfire. Like everyone, I've had some unforseen results, but I work differently from most people, so it's hard for me to have things happen that I wasn't at least somewhat expecting.

ncsweet
When my father-in-law had his stroke, I did quite a bit of healing work for him. On the surface this sounds fairly reasonable, however the end result was that he lingered in pain for about a month before finally passing away.

Did sort of the same thing for my grandmother, but when we found out her liver was going we just asked for the least amount of pain possible. We weren't expecting her to pass away a couple days later, but I'm grateful for it.

My brother-in-law was in denial, so when he'd would report what the doctors were telling him, he'd completely ignore the bad stuff. So the picture we initially had of my FIL's heath was one in which there seemed to be a good chance of recovery. If I had known the true state of things, I would have definitely changed the intent of my workings.  

ncsweet
Crew

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:55 pm
ncsweet

My brother-in-law was in denial, so when he'd would report what the doctors were telling him, he'd completely ignore the bad stuff. So the picture we initially had of my FIL's heath was one in which there seemed to be a good chance of recovery. If I had known the true state of things, I would have definitely changed the intent of my workings.
Yeah, my Gramma tried to hide it too, so she wouldn't upset everyone, but when she got the "You only have ____ to live," from the doctor, she couldn't keep it out of her eyes. I knew too, when she took me aside one day and said to me "Whatever happens, you take care of your grandfather."

*huggles* Sad times emo  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:35 pm
Morgandria
Cheetahs Wolf
Esiris
Cheetahs Wolf
well i believe whatever you do onto someone it will come back on you, which is why i suggest only white magick.

Also: can I ask you politely to not use "Blessed Be" in your signature file? It's part of the sacred language of my religion, and I'd prefer it not be used out of context or incorrectly by people who are not members of my faith. Thanks.

your getting under my skin  

Cheetahs Wolf

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:18 pm
Cheetahs Wolf
Morgandria
Cheetahs Wolf
Esiris
Cheetahs Wolf

Being asked a simple question in a thread on a discussion forum gets under your skin?

Being asked politely not to misuse a ritual phrase gets under your skin?

Maybe you shouldn't talk to people, if you're irritated this easily. This is just polite conversation.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:24 pm
Cheetahs Wolf
Morgandria
Cheetahs Wolf
Esiris
Cheetahs Wolf

Wow,if you get so easily bothered,maybe you should lock yourself in your room and never leave.

I think I know the reason for this users irritation,they're status has them marked as Wiccan.

Bad Quality Serena

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:04 pm
Cheetahs Wolf
Esiris
Cheetahs Wolf

That's okay- but I was still asking a question- though I think Morg's question is just as good.

This isn't a personal attack- I'm not calling names or even saying you're wrong- I'd just like to understand your view. If you're unwilling to explain what you meant- just say so.

I know I'm still pretty new to this guild and stuff- so I might misunderstand the Owner's intent- but I think this place is supposed to be a community that shares ideas and has discussions. If something is oathbound or personal- that's not a big deal, but having a nice conversation with other members is kind of the point of joining. confused  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:41 pm
i have before it was a while back when i had first started studying the craft. i wanted to strenghthen mine and me exs relationship so i did a love spell that a i wrote my self and now when i look bad on it it was really stupid. i had made a mistake in the writeing of it and it was more like a banishing spell at the time i did not realize this but he ended up breaking up with me the very next day so that was my first fail and i am still kinda scared about doing acctual spells  

xXAyamaXx

6,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Full closet 200

Xaolu

Dapper Smoker

9,425 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:26 pm
I'm probably reading too much into this, but I don't believe in coincidences.
I promised to a certain god not to allow anyone to touch a certain stick meant only for certain rites, well my significant other used it to prod a fire one night.
I have been sick for about 2 weeks now and I believe that may be the reason......may be. I'm not saying it IS.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:02 pm
Xaolu
I promised to a certain god not to allow anyone to touch a certain stick meant only for certain rites, well my significant other used it to prod a fire one night.
I have been sick for about 2 weeks now and I believe that may be the reason......may be. I'm not saying it IS.

Was the certain god, like, Apollo or something?

Have you:
Apologised?
Performed whatever rites your religion/tradition deems necessary to re-consecrate an item?
Yelled the ******** outta your SO?  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Xaolu

Dapper Smoker

9,425 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:14 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Xaolu

Have you:
Apologised?
Performed whatever rites your religion/tradition deems necessary to re-consecrate an item?

Most of the above.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:15 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Xaolu

Have you:
Apologised?

I destroyed the item.  

Xaolu

Dapper Smoker

9,425 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

Agent REDACTED

Distrustful Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:01 pm
This has happened to me once. I also attempted to write my own spell, only for luck, when I was starting my path. I did it with a few other friends. I wrote it incorrectly, I suppose I wasn't specific enough, I never said to bring good luck, and the next day we were all very sick.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:39 pm
Thank you guys for all your feedback. I asked the question for the sake of a screenplay I'm planning to write. I am thinking that one of the characters summons a spirit to act as a muse for a project. Do any of you know if that is possible?

Thanks again.
IEditYourWorld  

IEditYourWorld

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:33 pm
IEditYourWorld
Thank you guys for all your feedback. I asked the question for the sake of a screenplay I'm planning to write. I am thinking that one of the characters summons a spirit to act as a muse for a project. Do any of you know if that is possible?

Thanks again.
IEditYourWorld
Like a Greek Muse?  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games