Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
New Zodiac? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:32 pm
IileyahWithTheStars

Yeah, I guess you right. I just like to read my horoscope and see if anything really happens according to it. It's a fun little game to play. And I don't really like the idea of that being messed up. I guess I'm just overreacting.

I think it's odd that it's being brought up this way- but I don't think it's that big of a deal. I can understand that game though. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:54 pm
Viz_22
-Vampire_of_Nyx-
its not a real sign. Hindus use it but if you take it for real it messes everything else up so just ignore it

It is a real sign. But was discarded in the tropical astrology to keep a balance within the 12 traditional signs. It's legit, a true constellation. But yes, if you want to ignore the sidereal, then keep to what you know.

i know its a real constellation what i ment by it not being a real sign is that it shouldn't be used. It messes up the order. Theres not even i discription for a person that it is like it. well not that i can find. Plus is messes with the element order of the signs.  

-Vampire_of_Nyx-

Toxic Nymph

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:08 pm
-Vampire_of_Nyx-

i know its a real constellation what i ment by it not being a real sign is that it shouldn't be used. It messes up the order. Theres not even i discription for a person that it is like it. well not that i can find. Plus is messes with the element order of the signs.
If you're practicing Tropical Western Astrology- it doesn't matter.

Some days I wish there was no internet- then things like the Ophiuchus/Cetus stuff would pass over most people.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:40 pm
My girlfriend brought this up just a few minutes ago not here on gaia but yeah.. and I think the result of that discussion was that it's just for those who were born after 2009.. meaning if you were born before then it doesn't effect you..  

the dead poet

5,100 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Viz_22

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:44 pm
-Vampire_of_Nyx-
Viz_22
-Vampire_of_Nyx-
its not a real sign. Hindus use it but if you take it for real it messes everything else up so just ignore it

It is a real sign. But was discarded in the tropical astrology to keep a balance within the 12 traditional signs. It's legit, a true constellation. But yes, if you want to ignore the sidereal, then keep to what you know.

I dislike that it complicates the balance of the tropical astrology, but the sun does pass through the constellation.... I've seen some descriptions, but lost the link that I came across. It was pretty odd descriptions like being favored by your father among other things.

As much as I like the number 13, I think I'll stay with what I know and keep to the 12 I'm used to and remain an Aries and declare all my Pisces influences comes from my Piscean mother.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:22 pm
Viz_22
-Vampire_of_Nyx-
Viz_22
-Vampire_of_Nyx-

I dislike that it complicates the balance of the tropical astrology, but the sun does pass through the constellation.... I've seen some descriptions, but lost the link that I came across. It was pretty odd descriptions like being favored by your father among other things.

As much as I like the number 13, I think I'll stay with what I know and keep to the 12 I'm used to and remain an Aries and declare all my Pisces influences comes from my Piscean mother.

If it's only important for people born after 2009, then haha people born after 2009! Suck it! But yeah, I'm a Leo, nothing changing that. My mom and dad are both Cancers, so I blame them.  

Xaolu

Dapper Smoker

9,425 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

Agent REDACTED

Distrustful Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:10 pm
I am an Aquarius and plan to stay that way. I suppose I have characteristics from both Aquarius and Capricorn, but growing up as an Aquarius I seem to emphasize more with that sign. You can't just change what you've always thought you were.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:23 am
surrender2music
I am an Aquarius and plan to stay that way. I suppose I have characteristics from both Aquarius and Capricorn, but growing up as an Aquarius I seem to emphasize more with that sign. You can't just change what you've always thought you were.

I agree. I'm a Taurus and will always be. Whatever other characteristics I have come from my enviroment and my moon sign, which is Piscies.  

Angel Bruja

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:04 am
Esiris
Morgandria
I don't know why this is suddenly news. It's sidereal astrology, rather than tropical astrology. Hindu astrologers have used sidereal astrology for a long time.

I'm not rushing to switch. Sometimes astrology is interesting, but it's not so integral to my life or my practices that I have a desire to suddenly change.
That was what I thought too. It's not news- I mean, the sign is like 1800 years old already.

I believe it is over 2000.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:26 am
Aakosir

Is that like being over 9000 in terms of astrology?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Viz_22

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:10 pm
Esiris
Aakosir

Lulz, nice one. No, but it's been around just as long as the other signs. So, 1800 isn't right and I honestly thought it was more like 3000.... But eh, doesn't really matter I guess...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:37 pm
I believe that is too only affect people who are born during and after this year, 2011. Ive heard gossips we have moved into another galaxy or something creating the new zodiac. I will stand by and believe i am my zodiac because i have been all my life and it suites me very well.  

Rena Zefie

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:42 pm
Viz_22
Esiris
Aakosir

Lulz, nice one. No, but it's been around just as long as the other signs. So, 1800 isn't right and I honestly thought it was more like 3000.... But eh, doesn't really matter I guess...

I think there's a difference between a arrangement of stars existing, and a sign being expounded upon within a zodiac- yaknow?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:49 pm
Rena Zefie
I believe that is too only affect people who are born during and after this year, 2011. Ive heard gossips we have moved into another galaxy or something creating the new zodiac. I will stand by and believe i am my zodiac because i have been all my life and it suites me very well.

Moved into another galaxy? What? Like, literally?

....what are these people smoking?!  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Rena Zefie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:52 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Rena Zefie

Moved into another galaxy? What? Like, literally?

....what are these people smoking?!

lol. They said the position of the earth changed, we moved or something, and a new zodiac was added.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games