Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Into the Craft Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:24 am
Viz_22
I say yes, because you're being called to help people by some part of you.

As for my calling, I feel pulled and called to my God and Goddess. Water just helps to calm me. But the energies of water have always captured my attention, especially now that I seem to be able to tell if rainfall is happy or sad... I just pick up on the energy that it gives off and what not.

Same. I tend to know if water's hot or cold without touching it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:26 am
Morgandria
Azareas Aquarinus

I've had that, too. The pull to go deeper into learning.

My calling wasn't to learning. In fact, I found higher education to be sort of pointless, after a couple years - I'd rather be doing things with my hands.

My calling instead was to service.

I've had the calling of some Gods, I think. It could just be my subconscious, but I've sort of felt pulled by something I can only feel and hear.

And same, too. I have the calling to collect ritual and altar items, and use them for magical uses and ritual.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:44 am
Rose Singato
I don't really know if I have found my calling.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:58 am
I think we've migrated away from the proper application of the phrase "a calling" at this point neutral

A "calling" or "vocation" is the manner in which one serves one's god(s), in the sense that they fulfill a role for which they are particularly skilled or talented or preordained to fulfill, sort of. Examples may be priest/ess, teacher, monk, bard or skald, berserker, other-world-traditioner (as in "shaman"), or even working in the community as an extention or demonstration of your faith, as in good works.

So, if you are called by your gods, that is fine. A calling is what you are called for, the role you are "assigned" and that you come to fill in time.

We all happy with that definition?  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:01 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
I think we've migrated away from the proper application of the phrase "a calling" at this point neutral

A "calling" or "vocation" is the manner in which one serves one's god(s), in the sense that they fulfill a role for which they are particularly skilled or talented or preordained to fulfill, sort of. Examples may be priest/ess, teacher, monk, bard or skald, berserker, other-world-traditioner (as in "shaman"), or even working in the community as an extention or demonstration of your faith, as in good works.

So, if you are called by your gods, that is fine. A calling is what you are called for, the role you are "assigned" and that you come to fill in time.

We all happy with that definition?

Yup. That's helpful, thanks smile  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games