Submit

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:28 pm
Fresnel
ArmasTermin
Just what I always wanted: a huge, heavy-kicking, expensive revolver with low accuracy. I could probably conceal one of those eight-shot S&W .357s just as well. The 640PD, maybe? Was that it? I'm supposed to be the one that knows. Model 327 Night Guard! Yeah: 8 rounds of .357 Magnum with a high-visibility sight, awesome black finish, and comfy-looking grips. If they weren't so damn expensive I'd think of one as a future winter carry gun.

To be honest, I'd probably load it with .38 Special +P rather than Magnum. I wouldn't want to sacrifice quicker second shots with marginally better power.

Then again. They are extremely cool... I think I'll have to hunt down a picture to add it to the list.

Hm, it also comes in 10mm, .45 ACP, or .44 Magnum. .44 Magnum is kind of hard to find and expensive, but I could shoot .40 in a 10mm or 10mm if I ever found any. A .45 ACP revolver would be pretty neat, but when I get a .45 I want a 1911 so I guess I'll have to decide between 8-shot .357 or 6-shot 10mm/.40.
You know, I really do want a 10/40 revolver, but ******** Smith. They have no goddamn idea what a firearm should cost any more. $1185 for the 10mm Night Guard? A GP100 in .357 goes as low as $630 MSRP, and that's what I'd pay for a revolver. $1200? I'm buying a Grand Raptor, ******** you.
Tell that part to H&K. Like they'll listen anyway since you're not an "operator".  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:30 pm
Man of the Demoneye
Okay guys, this year's shot show is seriously going to make me punch a kitten. Between Smith's stunt and that mossberg weedwhacker handled shotgun, now this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The judge is now in 28 ga. It's ******** huge. I do admit I would like to have a 20 ga. model if it came out though.

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/products/taurus-raging-judge-in-new-28-gauge-caliber/?hp=products_title
That's more ridiculous than the .600 Nitro revolver and what is with you and ridiculous hand cannons?  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:56 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
ArmasTermin
Just what I always wanted: a huge, heavy-kicking, expensive revolver with low accuracy. I could probably conceal one of those eight-shot S&W .357s just as well. The 640PD, maybe? Was that it? I'm supposed to be the one that knows. Model 327 Night Guard! Yeah: 8 rounds of .357 Magnum with a high-visibility sight, awesome black finish, and comfy-looking grips. If they weren't so damn expensive I'd think of one as a future winter carry gun.

To be honest, I'd probably load it with .38 Special +P rather than Magnum. I wouldn't want to sacrifice quicker second shots with marginally better power.

Then again. They are extremely cool... I think I'll have to hunt down a picture to add it to the list.

Hm, it also comes in 10mm, .45 ACP, or .44 Magnum. .44 Magnum is kind of hard to find and expensive, but I could shoot .40 in a 10mm or 10mm if I ever found any. A .45 ACP revolver would be pretty neat, but when I get a .45 I want a 1911 so I guess I'll have to decide between 8-shot .357 or 6-shot 10mm/.40.
You know, I really do want a 10/40 revolver, but ******** Smith. They have no goddamn idea what a firearm should cost any more. $1185 for the 10mm Night Guard? A GP100 in .357 goes as low as $630 MSRP, and that's what I'd pay for a revolver. $1200? I'm buying a Grand Raptor, ******** you.
Tell that part to H&K. Like they'll listen anyway since you're not an "operator".
because you suck and H&K hates you?

dont think I would ever buy an H&K myself but I'm really digging the P9S.

even if it is a single stack 9mm....least I didnt have to pay for it  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:13 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

I would never buy a pistol from them. The only thing I'd buy from them (If I could ******** afford it, if it's legal and if its even available for import) is a full auto G36K C. Sorry confused the two.

K has the standard carrying handle and reflex sight with no BUIS and C just comes with Iron sights and a set of rails to put whatever you please on there.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:42 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

And Benelli, and FN, and... well, pretty much any western European firearm manufacturer.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:07 pm
Fresnel
ArmasTermin
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

Well MSRP is a little higher than anyone pays, and those models are their higher-end pieces. The Night Guards come with tritium front sights factory-installed, and are pre-drilled for moon clips. But I do agree, and that's why it's far down on my list. To be fair, though, who else can you buy from? Smith has an exhaustive list of high-quality models to choose from. Colt dropped out, Ruger only has a limited series of DAs, Taurus is average, and then you've got the Charter Arms, Rossi, etc. Smith kind of owns the market and there's nothing we can do. If you want a good revolver, there's plenty to choose from. But if you want several, different, interesting ones: one day you'll pretty much have to get a Smith.
Even Smith's low end is way too expensive. I have this test for everything I buy. I ask myself what I'd pay for it if I didn't know the price. If it's more expensive than that, I generally don't buy it. Smith ALWAYS fails.

We must write Taurus! Get them to make more revolvers. They have lots of "models", but the variations are so slight (blued vs. stainless, 6" vs. 8", etc), and they have nothing in 10mm.

But Taurus isn't really... trustworthy. I wouldn't be against buying a Taurus, but I can't imagine carrying one or depending on one to save my live. I think a fair price for the Night Guard, with the features it includes and the quality of build... eh... $800? Yeah, it's overpriced. But so cool!  

ArmasTermin

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:11 pm
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

And Benelli, and FN, and... well, pretty much any western European firearm manufacturer.
FN has a reasonable price for their FNP-45 especially when compared to H&K USPs and Mk23s but the FiveSeveN is outrageous. FN has US offices for customer service I'm not sure how they treat their civilian customers. I'd have to guess it's fairly reasonable since most of their customers are US civilians.

I don't know about Benelli I just know their hunting shotguns cost a couple hundred dollars more than American.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:19 pm
ArmasTermin
Fresnel
ArmasTermin
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

Well MSRP is a little higher than anyone pays, and those models are their higher-end pieces. The Night Guards come with tritium front sights factory-installed, and are pre-drilled for moon clips. But I do agree, and that's why it's far down on my list. To be fair, though, who else can you buy from? Smith has an exhaustive list of high-quality models to choose from. Colt dropped out, Ruger only has a limited series of DAs, Taurus is average, and then you've got the Charter Arms, Rossi, etc. Smith kind of owns the market and there's nothing we can do. If you want a good revolver, there's plenty to choose from. But if you want several, different, interesting ones: one day you'll pretty much have to get a Smith.
Even Smith's low end is way too expensive. I have this test for everything I buy. I ask myself what I'd pay for it if I didn't know the price. If it's more expensive than that, I generally don't buy it. Smith ALWAYS fails.

We must write Taurus! Get them to make more revolvers. They have lots of "models", but the variations are so slight (blued vs. stainless, 6" vs. 8", etc), and they have nothing in 10mm.

But Taurus isn't really... trustworthy. I wouldn't be against buying a Taurus, but I can't imagine carrying one or depending on one to save my live. I think a fair price for the Night Guard, with the features it includes and the quality of build... eh... $800? Yeah, it's overpriced. But so cool!
Taurus is new to the revolver biz. S&W been at it since the fall of Volcanic and the abandonment of the Volcanic repeating pistol and rifle.

When you buy an S&W revolver it's guaranteed to be reliable. Except when going against Colt's Single Action line. xd  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:03 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

FN has a reasonable price for their FNP-45 especially when compared to H&K USPs and Mk23s but the FiveSeveN is outrageous. FN has US offices for customer service I'm not sure how they treat their civilian customers. I'd have to guess it's fairly reasonable since most of their customers are US civilians.

I don't know about Benelli I just know their hunting shotguns cost a couple hundred dollars more than American.
The FNP series as a whole is reasonably priced, but every other gun they make is outrageous.

Benelli hunting shotguns are on par, price-wise, with the higher end of Beretta sporting semis. Tacticals are even worse. I could buy almost EIGHT InterArms knockoff 870s for the price of a Benelli M4.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:05 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
ArmasTermin
Fresnel
ArmasTermin
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

Taurus is new to the revolver biz. S&W been at it since the fall of Volcanic and the abandonment of the Volcanic repeating pistol and rifle.

When you buy an S&W revolver it's guaranteed to be reliable. Except when going against Colt's Single Action line. xd
When you buy a Kimber, it's guaranteed to be reliable. Kimber is well known for that fact. Why then does Nighthawk sell 1911's for three thousand dollars? There's the price of reliability, and there's price gouging. I agree with Armas, $800 is a fair price for the Night Guard. The fact that it's currently going for time and a half of that is outrageous.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:00 am
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

The FNP series as a whole is reasonably priced, but every other gun they make is outrageous.

Benelli hunting shotguns are on par, price-wise, with the higher end of Beretta sporting semis. Tacticals are even worse. I could buy almost EIGHT InterArms knockoff 870s for the price of a Benelli M4.
M3 is cooler.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:57 am
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
ArmasTermin

I would never buy a pistol from them. The only thing I'd buy from them (If I could ******** afford it, if it's legal and if its even available for import) is a full auto G36K C. Sorry confused the two.

K has the standard carrying handle and reflex sight with no BUIS and C just comes with Iron sights and a set of rails to put whatever you please on there.
I thought the G36K was also compatible with the C's rail/sight/carry handle thing.

SL8's the closest thing to a G36 anyone outside a military unit could buy, and it's ******** expensive as hell. I'd get one if I could afford it, if they're even legal in California, and if I could buy the European version, which can accept the G36 mags.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:43 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter

M3 is cooler.
$1550 MSRP. If I'm dropping $1500 on a shotgun, I'm going to be fifty years old and buying a Beretta so I can go pwn some noobs at skeet.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:02 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Man of the Demoneye
Okay guys, this year's shot show is seriously going to make me punch a kitten. Between Smith's stunt and that mossberg weedwhacker handled shotgun, now this:

The judge is now in 28 ga. It's ******** huge. I do admit I would like to have a 20 ga. model if it came out though.

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/products/taurus-raging-judge-in-new-28-gauge-caliber/?hp=products_title
That's more ridiculous than the .600 Nitro revolver and what is with you and ridiculous hand cannons?

Why not? I think they're cool.

To completely derail the thread, if you had a new revolver you were trying to patent and sell to a company, who would you send it to? Prefferably to a well known company that is known for revolvers.

S&W was first choice, but their prices are so high and price is a main selling point on my gun. At this point, they're kind of ruled out.

Taurus was also a #1 choice, but their reliability and reputation isn't so good. I don't want me creration to be known as a POS. I hope I'm overly concerned about that.

Ruger is the next company I thought of. Actually, I just thought of it since it was on TV as I was typing this. Don't know much about them.

Anyone I'm not thinking of?  

Man of the Demoneye

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:20 pm
Man of the Demoneye
Valkyrie Hatter
Man of the Demoneye

Why not? I think they're cool.

To completely derail the thread, if you had a new revolver you were trying to patent and sell to a company, who would you send it to? Prefferably to a well known company that is known for revolvers.

S&W was first choice, but their prices are so high and price is a main selling point on my gun. At this point, they're kind of ruled out.

Taurus was also a #1 choice, but their reliability and reputation isn't so good. I don't want me creration to be known as a POS. I hope I'm overly concerned about that.

Ruger is the next company I thought of. Actually, I just thought of it since it was on TV as I was typing this. Don't know much about them.

Anyone I'm not thinking of?
Remington just started production on a line of 1911s. I don't see them stopping there, I see them expanding to multiple models of pistol. You might at least ask.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff