Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Ugh Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:39 pm
Azareas Aquarinus

It is. But in a high school of young teens it isn't a very accepting society.

No one likes a tattle tale, but at the same time bullying can be dangerous. If you feel threatened, you should tell someone- they take that stuff more seriously now then they did when I was your age.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:37 am
Azareas Aquarinus

I was thinking more along the lines of: Give them what they deserve.

But I guess doing that to a building is a good idea.

You're right. It isn't evil. It's a form of protection.

How about a "Binding from Doing Harm" Spell?
I don't care for binding spells, myself. But to each his own. Just be very, very, very thorough with it. If there's a sort of spell that requires a good amount of clarity and direct intent, it's a binding spell.

I'm never quite sure why people turn to binding spells in particular, they're more of a mess than they're worth most of the time.  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:22 am
I consider binding spells to be much less ethical than a curse. At least with a curse you're honest about the damage you're doing, and you're punishing for a misdeed rather than messing with someone's free will. Chaining someone's mind is the last resort, I think.

Influencing someone I'm not so dead against, because we're influenced all the time anyway. Particularly when we shop. It's a hint and a nudge rather than a shove down a flight of stairs.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:50 am
Azareas Aquarinus

How about a "Binding from Doing Harm" Spell?

The thing to remember about binding spells is that in some way, no matter what you're attempting to do, you are effectively binding yourself as well, to the person you're casting against.

While you may achieve your desires with the spell, the person will be connected to you until you release the binding. So if you just want them to leave you alone, and don't want them near you, a binding won't achieve that.

A banishing would work against the negativity or the gossip - but not the people directly involved. Since I'm assuming you have a couple years of school left, and so do your peers, you will be in the same place everyday regardless of the spell, which renders the entire idea less than effective.

I think a hex or curse might work, but would be more effective if you cursed the behavior, and not the individuals involved. You set a condition to occur in response to certain actions directed towards you, regardless of the source.

Failing all that...maybe carry a black tourmaline or a piece of jet in your pocket, or maybe make yourself a small pouch of protective herbs to carry on your person.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:11 pm
@Garrett: I see. Well, I looked in my book on Spells and there are two spells that can be done:

A Protection Spell from Verbal Abuse and a Banish Gossip.

@Morgandria: Thanks! I don't know much about binding spells, so I guess I should read more into it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:25 pm
well it seems like your class mates don't realy understand paganism as a whole. maybe enlighten them a little about your path and explain to them pagans are just like everyone else, human. explain to them that some do and some don't sacrifice animals (I don't personally but others might.) A head in a jar? why, that's observed! any way with knowledge comes understanding. spells aren't always the way to go.

-MysticCherri-

Fuzzy Lunatic

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:29 pm
Some of the work with the Loa I know about involves feeding them and doing things to make it so that when people say bullshit about you- it becomes really obvious they're lying. That has it's own social consequences.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:34 pm
Azareas Aquarinus
@Garrett: I see. Well, I looked in my book on Spells and there are two spells that can be done:

Why not worry less about what your book says about "what spells to use" and step back from the situation, look at it as a whole, from both angles, and write your own spell? Better yet, why write it? Then again, at your age, writing might help focus...Why not write your own spells?

Lux Excelsior
well it seems like your class mates don't realy understand paganism as a whole. maybe enlighten them a little about your path and explain to them pagans are just like everyone else, human. explain to them that some do and some don't sacrifice animals (I don't personally but others might.)

Most times, and especially in situations like these where it's a school and the age group is still fairly low, there's no explaining anything. Children will be children. On one hand, perhaps he could get through to these teasing classmates and enlighten them on the subject. On the other, he might add more fuel to the fire and give them something else to play with.

In most cases, it's better to let it go and if the aggressor desires to know more, wait for them to approach the subject in an honest manner.

This could also be a spell idea, though it'll probably be more complex.

Quote:
A head in a jar? why, that's observed!

I'm certain you mean absurd, and no, it's not really. There are plenty of paths that could possibly find some use for a head in a jar.

Quote:
spells aren't always the way to go.

As a witch, spells are a part of every day life. They may be the answer, they may not, it's all in how one casts.  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:35 pm
Lux Excelsior
well it seems like your class mates don't realy understand paganism as a whole. maybe enlighten them a little about your path and explain to them pagans are just like everyone else, human. explain to them that some do and some don't sacrifice animals (I don't personally but others might.) A head in a jar? why, that's observed! any way with knowledge comes understanding. spells aren't always the way to go.

I've tried that. I really have. And they just don't listen. They're all ignorant. That's why I'm turning to spells.

Or, they do hear it, but it just goes in one ear and out the other.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:39 pm
Esiris
Some of the work with the Loa I know about involves feeding them and doing things to make it so that when people say bullshit about you- it becomes really obvious they're lying. That has it's own social consequences.

Yes, they are lying. But they're not clever enough to look deep into it. It simply just "passes over them". They don't think before acting.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:42 pm
oOGarrettOo
Azareas Aquarinus

Why not worry less about what your book says about "what spells to use" and step back from the situation, look at it as a whole, from both angles, and write your own spell? Better yet, why write it? Then again, at your age, writing might help focus...Why not write your own spells?

Lux Excelsior
well it seems like your class mates don't realy understand paganism as a whole. maybe enlighten them a little about your path and explain to them pagans are just like everyone else, human. explain to them that some do and some don't sacrifice animals (I don't personally but others might.)

Most times, and especially in situations like these where it's a school and the age group is still fairly low, there's no explaining anything. Children will be children. On one hand, perhaps he could get through to these teasing classmates and enlighten them on the subject. On the other, he might add more fuel to the fire and give them something else to play with.

In most cases, it's better to let it go and if the aggressor desires to know more, wait for them to approach the subject in an honest manner.

This could also be a spell idea, though it'll probably be more complex.

Quote:
A head in a jar? why, that's observed!

I'm certain you mean absurd, and no, it's not really. There are plenty of paths that could possibly find some use for a head in a jar.

Quote:
spells aren't always the way to go.

As a witch, spells are a part of every day life. They may be the answer, they may not, it's all in how one casts.

I know that. I don't need equipment to perform a spell. I can just simply ask for what I want, and the universe will listen. Or I could ask the deities. Will the things I need enhance the spell, or channel the intentions and energies?

Like I said, I have tried enlightening them. They just refuse to listen, or they listen for a few seconds and it goes in one ear and out the other.

I guess I should wait, but this is a form of bullying. It isn't the first time, and probably won't be the last. I need to stop things, especially something like this.

I don't know how people know about my faith, since three people only know, or I've told them myself.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:47 pm
Azareas Aquarinus
Lux Excelsior

I've tried that. I really have. And they just don't listen. They're all ignorant. That's why I'm turning to spells.

Ah. you've tried that..well okay it seems like it is the time to turn to spells then.

@ Garrett: indeed. that seems to be the case here then.

-MysticCherri-

Fuzzy Lunatic

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:51 pm
Azareas Aquarinus

I know that. I don't need equipment to perform a spell. I can just simply ask for what I want, and the universe will listen.

I wouldn't count on that. The universe (I'm assuming here that you're refering to "cosmic energies" ) isn't a trained poodle. It doesn't 'come', 'sit', and 'stay' when you ask it too wink Then again, neither does a trained poodle. You catch my drift. One must be authoritative in spell casting. Asking leaves room for creative license wink

Depending on your deities, that might be an all right option, but generally, most like when we do our own thing and only pop in when we've done all we can.

Quote:
I guess I should wait, but this is a form of bullying. It isn't the first time, and probably won't be the last.
Too right you are. Don't despair, there's plenty of time. You're still young. wink If one thing is certain we all grow and we all make new friends. Friends outweigh the bullies each time.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:54 pm
Lux Excelsior
Azareas Aquarinus
Lux Excelsior

Ah. you've tried that..well okay it seems like it is the time to turn to spells then.

@ Garrett: indeed. that seems to be the case here then.

Yep.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:59 pm
oOGarrettOo
Azareas Aquarinus

I know that. I don't need equipment to perform a spell. I can just simply ask for what I want, and the universe will listen.

I wouldn't count on that. The universe (I'm assuming here that you're refering to "cosmic energies" ) isn't a trained poodle. It doesn't 'come', 'sit', and 'stay' when you ask it too wink Then again, neither does a trained poodle. You catch my drift. One must be authoritative in spell casting. Asking leaves room for creative license wink

Depending on your deities, that might be an all right option, but generally, most like when we do our own thing and only pop in when we've done all we can.

Quote:
I guess I should wait, but this is a form of bullying. It isn't the first time, and probably won't be the last.
Too right you are. Don't despair, there's plenty of time. You're still young. wink If one thing is certain we all grow and we all make new friends. Friends outweigh the bullies each time.

Yes. The Universal Energies.

You're right, it isn't a trained poodle. What we put out there with intention and energy will find its way of working.

The only deities I have come in contact with are the God and Goddess, and Pan. Pan's very mischievous, so I'm going to look more into him before I invoke or work with that deity.

I know, but this is a big impact on me. It bugs my subconscious at night. I lose sleep, so that leads to me not concentrating in lessons. I get stressed out, and angry, which causes me to snap at people. So it leads up to things, causing more un-needed negativity.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games