Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dolphin Mania v2

Back to Guilds

Always at the leading edge of Booty Grab! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Dolphin Mania, Panda, Penguin, Rick James 

Reply Dolphin Mania v2
What languages would you like to learn? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How many languages you know?
  One
  Bilingual yall
  Trilingual, huzzuh
  4+ eat it.
View Results

Almost Poetic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:10 pm
I'd like to learn French, Italian, Russian, and Spanish.

I know quite a bit about French (it was the only language I actually bothered to learn in Middle School when we had introduction to French, German, and Spanish). I like the way it sounds. xp

My friend forced me to learn a little bit of Italian when she was going to go to Italy. Why waste information by not putting it to use?

I want to learn Russian because I'd like to know how to use a different alphabet. Plus, the grammar will be rather interesting. =)

Spanish, I believe, is the most useful language to learn in modern America. I'm not too fond of the language, but I like knowing I'll be able to understand people when they speak to me. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:35 pm
Almost Poetic
I'd like to learn French, Italian, Russian, and Spanish.

I know quite a bit about French (it was the only language I actually bothered to learn in Middle School when we had introduction to French, German, and Spanish). I like the way it sounds. xp

My friend forced me to learn a little bit of Italian when she was going to go to Italy. Why waste information by not putting it to use?

I want to learn Russian because I'd like to know how to use a different alphabet. Plus, the grammar will be rather interesting. =)

Spanish, I believe, is the most useful language to learn in modern America. I'm not too fond of the language, but I like knowing I'll be able to understand people when they speak to me. sweatdrop

Well first off scream

I really like your avi. heart

Spanish definitely is the most useful. It's practically america's second language. It's very widely spoken. So is russian but I don't know if I could handle that alphabet. I'd try it though. I'm not as into russian culture as I am with German but a lot of people do speak it.

Then again a lot of people speak Mandarin and their characters are crazy.  

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Almost Poetic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:55 pm
SuchSweetSadism
Well first off scream

Spanish definitely is the most useful. It's practically america's second language. It's very widely spoken. So is russian but I don't know if I could handle that alphabet. I'd try it though. I'm not as into russian culture as I am with German but a lot of people do speak it.

Awww, thank you. =)

It is quickly becoming a job requirement in America to speak Spanish as well. At least as far as doctors, lawyers, etc. are concerned. I'm studying to acquire a job in the medical field anyways, so I'll need to learn it eventually. xp

I'm not that into Russian culture, either. sweatdrop I just like the idea of knowing a common language that is completely different from everything else I know. I like things that are different.

Ah, yes. Mandarin. I wanted to take a course in it at the local college when they said that it counted as both a High School and college credit. But my parents wouldn't let me because I would never use it outside of school.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:38 pm
Right now I'm learning French in school. Some day I'd like to learn Dutch.
My Grandma speaks: German, Dutch, English, French, and some Spanish. So I could just ask her xD  

Suicide Salvation

Romantic Hunter

The Naked Unicorn

Shirtless Lunatic

11,475 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:45 pm
SuchSweetSadism
The Naked Unicorn
SuchSweetSadism
The Naked Unicorn
I'd like to learn:
German
Japanese
Spanish
Russain (again)
and mayyyybe French.

Is that in any particular order?
Yes surprisingly. XD Also have you heard about Livemocha? They're all about helping you learn a language better for free. And I also have a friend who started a Spanish speaking guild on here to help with others learning Spanish, if you'd like that let me know. =)

Yeah I'm on livemocha. They're constantly trying to sell you their product though but otherwise it's a pretty cool site.

I'm actually brand new there too so it's funny you mention it. I made my account a few days ago.

I'm in one spanish guild but it's pretty slow moving. Which one are you referring to?

There's also a german guild, but it's for people who are already fluent. D:
Ahh I didn't know that. I made an account with them to start learning German, but haven't really had time to do it. I do get emails constantly from them begging me to come back and learn though. XD

Oh and THIS is the guild I was talking about.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:57 pm
SuchSweetSadism
So is russian but I don't know if I could handle that alphabet. I'd try it though.
The Russian alphabet honestly isn't too bad. It has 33 letters so not too many. The only pain at first is that there are letters in it that look exactly like those used in the English language but have different sounds. For example a C makes an S sound, and a P makes and R sound. The only real hard part with the letters are there are some that don't actually have a sound themselves but modify letters before or after them.

The Naked Unicorn

Shirtless Lunatic

11,475 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Super Tipsy 200

Vox_Draconis

Eloquent Man-Lover

39,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:12 pm
I'd like to learn

Old Norse
Icelandic
Norwegian
Welsh
Gaelic
and improve my knowledge of Latin  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:25 pm
I'd like to learn to speak as many languages as possible but Italian is at the top of my list.

Currently:
Spanish - primary language. Lo puedo hablar pero el escribirlo me cuesta un poco de trabajo.
French - 7/8 in high school. =)

I know a couple of Italian words. I know how to sound out a few German words thanks to the German song we're singing.

Etrelia

Melodious Gaian

12,575 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100

Hotakaru Means Manwhore

Romantic Lover

8,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:55 am
i will love learn japanes then french and italian owo  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:57 pm
twisted suntukan na lang!!! twisted  

gh1o

2,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200

i-l3lue-

7,575 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:45 pm
Im Bilingual I speak both english and spanish but i would love to learn Japanese  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:36 pm
Japanese!!!!! heart  

Serene Rainstorm

Durem Mage

59,325 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:31 pm
Almost Poetic
SuchSweetSadism
Well first off scream

Awww, thank you. =)

It is quickly becoming a job requirement in America to speak Spanish as well. At least as far as doctors, lawyers, etc. are concerned. I'm studying to acquire a job in the medical field anyways, so I'll need to learn it eventually. xp

I'm not that into Russian culture, either. sweatdrop I just like the idea of knowing a common language that is completely different from everything else I know. I like things that are different.

Ah, yes. Mandarin. I wanted to take a course in it at the local college when they said that it counted as both a High School and college credit. But my parents wouldn't let me because I would never use it outside of school.

Ever get your nails done at a chinese nail salon? Or go to a chinese restaurant? ^^

You can use chinese outside of school. [;

That's another reason why I wouldn't mind learning it.

Otherwise meh; it's seem to difficult to attempt but I do know some japanese and a little Kanji. Like very little.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:43 pm
I want to learn German and Gaelic heart That would just make me the happiest little Kenna Bear ever!  

x-Kenna-Bear-x

11,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Almost Poetic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:21 pm
SuchSweetSadism
Ever get your nails done at a chinese nail salon? Or go to a chinese restaurant? ^^

You can use chinese outside of school. [;

That's another reason why I wouldn't mind learning it.

Otherwise meh; it's seem to difficult to attempt but I do know some japanese and a little Kanji. Like very little.

I don't go to Chinese restaurants that don't speak English, and all the nail salons around here are run by Swedish or Korean women. =/ I would have still liked to have learned it, though.

Dolphin Mania v2

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff