Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:15 pm
Man of the Demoneye
Das Rabble Rouser
Man of the Demoneye
evilstare.jpg stare

lucky bastards. I want CCW too. crying
I haven't gotten mine either. I'm just saying it's easier to get than I thought.

Also: Guilds is starting to annoy me. I hit the quote time 4 times before it would quote you. The other 3 times it just refreshed the page.

It's not really about not getting it yet, it's about being able to get it at all. Marylandistan is basically California-east. Even with proof of an active threat against you, you are still lucky to get a one time permit. We are trying to fight it, and getting closer, but it's still a loooooong fight ahead.
Ah ok. If I recall MD is a small state. Any of the neighboring states allow CCW?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:50 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Man of the Demoneye
Das Rabble Rouser
Man of the Demoneye
evilstare.jpg stare

I haven't gotten mine either. I'm just saying it's easier to get than I thought.

Also: Guilds is starting to annoy me. I hit the quote time 4 times before it would quote you. The other 3 times it just refreshed the page.

It's not really about not getting it yet, it's about being able to get it at all. Marylandistan is basically California-east. Even with proof of an active threat against you, you are still lucky to get a one time permit. We are trying to fight it, and getting closer, but it's still a loooooong fight ahead.
Ah ok. If I recall MD is a small state. Any of the neighboring states allow CCW?

Every single one. Problem is, I don't go out of state enough to justify it and I like it here. It's just the laws are unreal. If I could be guranteed a good job in certain parts of VA or NC, I would love to move, but I'll dig in and fight with the rest of us.  

Man of the Demoneye

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:16 pm
Man of the Demoneye
Das Rabble Rouser
Man of the Demoneye
Das Rabble Rouser
Man of the Demoneye
evilstare.jpg stare

Every single one. Problem is, I don't go out of state enough to justify it and I like it here. It's just the laws are unreal. If I could be guranteed a good job in certain parts of VA or NC, I would love to move, but I'll dig in and fight with the rest of us.
Well yeah I meant moving out of state and getting a CCW.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:24 pm
Man of the Demoneye
Das Rabble Rouser
Man of the Demoneye
Das Rabble Rouser
Man of the Demoneye
evilstare.jpg stare

cant you just get a florida permit?

or is MD one of those places that doesnt take florida permits?  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:20 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Man of the Demoneye
Das Rabble Rouser
Man of the Demoneye
Das Rabble Rouser
Man of the Demoneye
evilstare.jpg stare

cant you just get a florida permit?

or is MD one of those places that doesnt take florida permits?

MD is one of those places that doesn't take any permits.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:41 pm
I thought the proses was going to be simple and it was but it cost me over $300 once it was all said and done. I thought the class would be harder. It was a complete waste of time to even go to the class they didn't say much that I didn't know already. The class was 8 hours including time on the range. The hardest part was it was cold, windy and I didn't wear a jacket that day. One lady brought a damn snub nosed revolver and couldn't hit the target so they gave her another gun to shoot. You had to bring your own gun of course in order to shoot but instead of letting her go someone gave her another gun. I asked how many have completely failed and why. I was told only a couple 2 or 3 had failed and it was due to safety reasons they didn't follow directions.

I live in Kansas and I am a bit upset at the lack of training they offer around here and the fact that I had to pay so damn much to exercise a right guaranteed by the constitution. I know many who have given up because of the cost and or they feel violated by having to be fingerprinted and stuff. Many of the older people I know carry regardless of the law and refuse to be put into someones database. My uncle was interested and after I got mine he looked into it but after he found he had to be fingerprinted, photographed and all that he said screw it. I got mine to support it because I thought few would here in Kansas but to my surprise I was told every class has been completely full. I just read about a group who protested a gun show and they want to repeal the CCW law here in the state.  

Wolf Nightshade

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:57 pm
******** it, I need a handgun that can fold into a non suspicious looking block so I can OC without freaking anyone out

something like the magpul FMG except no stock, a little less than half the size, and uses a G26 upper. maybe I can have a folding glock lower made for me...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:16 pm
Recon_Ninja_985

something like the magpul FMG except no stock, a little less than half the size, and uses a G26 upper. maybe I can have a folding glock lower made for me...

I don't know this would be really cool.
Magpul

I don't see why they couldn't make a smaller stockless version.  

Wolf Nightshade

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:52 pm
Wolf Nightshade
Recon_Ninja_985

Magpul

I think that's what he was talking about. Note how he says magpul FMG.

Unfortunately stockless makes it difficult to collapse into a box shape.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:06 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Wolf Nightshade
Recon_Ninja_985

Magpul

Maybe it could fold into a straight line?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

AINGELPROJECT667

Shy Lunatic

5,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Trader 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:59 pm
Here in Georgia, all you have to do is fill out some paperwork, have your background checked, and certify that you're 21.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:02 pm
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
Wolf Nightshade
Recon_Ninja_985

Magpul

Maybe it could fold into a straight line?
that'll do  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Wolf Nightshade

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:34 am
Das Rabble Rouser
Wolf Nightshade
Recon_Ninja_985

Magpul

I just posted the vid because I love it. It shouldn't be to hard to make it without a stock. He wants it smaller and I agree with that it would be easier to carry. I don't mind the stock but I would think that they could just make the grip fold in and connect to the side as the stock does. I personally like it as it is you can even remove the hand guard and light. They used a full sized handgun with an extended mag and barrel from what I seen. With a compact handgun and less ammo they could make a smaller model easily. It looks to be between 4 1/2 to 5 inches wide and over 10 long while collapsed.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:15 am
So there was a shooting in Portland a few days ago which is assumed to be gang related and Portland is one of the few cities in the state that bans concealed carry. gonk

I've got to go there next month for the Sabaton concert. I would feel much safer if I could carry a weapon.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:48 pm
I just have to say it, still on topic, though.

As some of you may be aware, there is an ongoing case (Woolard v. Sherridan) about the "good and substantial" clause in MD CCW permit applications. Part of the "defense" (lol) attorney general Gansler offered recently said that there was no need for a change in ccw regs because people could already open carry loaded long arms for self defense.

So, let me translate this for you; I can walk around with a loaded AK slung over each shoulder and one on my back and be perfectly legal. However, I cannot carry a NAA mini revolver because a handgun is more dangerous since it is the preferred tool of criminals. I also cannot carry a bowie knife. This translates to mean if I put a bayonet on my rifle, it becomes a "dangerous weapon" and a felony to have on my person. Also, thanks to some random law, a regulated gun provides greater legal protection.

I don't know whether to laugh, cry or bang my head on the wall.

Oh yeah, thread I'm referencing: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=54444&page=7

and everything you would want to know about Woolard v. Sherridan: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=40649&page=119

sorry for the threadjack.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces