Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:52 am
Private Sanders
So, what about handing out Steyr AUGs or MP7 PDWs (depending on the situation) instead of submachine guns? Good idea? Should pilots and vehicle crewsbe issued MP7s?
An MP7 is exactly like a TMP only it's gas operated and fires bottlenecked armor cutters. Reloads like one, cocks like one and has a controllable recoil without the use of a stock like one.

They aren't known for reliability outside an urban setting. Might be tactically relevant for a security force but in the military I think a P90 is going to suit almost all terrain.

@Private: No. Apparently 10mm Auto is for manly men!! It's so ******** awesome!!

@Requiem: What's there to know about .50AE? The fact that all guns that fire it have to have massive return springs (Or Gas trap systems) and be nearly a foot long and weigh 4 pounds?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:57 am
Valkyrie Hatter
Private Sanders
So, what about handing out Steyr AUGs or MP7 PDWs (depending on the situation) instead of submachine guns? Good idea? Should pilots and vehicle crewsbe issued MP7s?
An MP7 is exactly like a TMP only it's gas operated and fires bottlenecked armor cutters. Reloads like one, cocks like one and has a controllable recoil without the use of a stock like one.

They aren't known for reliability outside an urban setting. Might be tactically relevant for a security force but in the military I think a P90 is going to suit almost all terrain.

@Private: No. Apparently 10mm Auto is for manly men!! It's so ******** awesome!!

@Requiem: What's there to know about .50AE? The fact that all guns that fire it have to have massive return springs (Or Gas trap systems) and be nearly a foot long and weigh 4 pounds?
FNP90 and Steyr AUG instead of SMG it is, then. I've settled on .40 cal for my pistols. I'm issuing the H&K USP. I want the P226, but I hear it's a b***h to handle if your hands aren't big.  

Private Sanders

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:14 am
Private Sanders
Valkyrie Hatter
Private Sanders

FNP90 and Steyr AUG instead of SMG it is, then. I've settled on .40 cal for my pistols. I'm issuing the H&K USP. I want the P226, but I hear it's a b***h to handle if your hands aren't big.
The H&K is going to get the wielder killed because of it's heavy a** trigger pull. Just because it's expensive doesn't make it better.

There's only 1 European designed weapons system that almost everyone can agree on and it's the AUG.

The Sig is compromise. It was nothing more than a copy of S&W's M39 9mm pistol. The only difference was that SIG said "Well since we got a low capacity for such a light caliber lets chamber it in something heavier so we can make it worth while". It's cheaper than an S&W but ******** it.

All this other s**t is nothing more than Eurotrash.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:38 am
Valkyrie Hatter
Private Sanders
Valkyrie Hatter
Private Sanders

The H&K is going to get the wielder killed because of it's heavy a** trigger pull. Just because it's expensive doesn't make it better.

There's only 1 European designed weapons system that almost everyone can agree on and it's the AUG.

The Sig is compromise. It was nothing more than a copy of S&W's M39 9mm pistol. The only difference was that SIG said "Well since we got a low capacity for such a light caliber lets chamber it in something heavier so we can make it worth while". It's cheaper than an S&W but ******** it.

What about this? Israel is trustworthy, no? The Government model in .40 pleases me very much.  

Private Sanders

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:48 am
Private Sanders
Valkyrie Hatter
Private Sanders
Valkyrie Hatter
Private Sanders

What about this? Israel is trustworthy, no? The Government model in .40 pleases me very much.
Israel just made my day once more. A 1911 with a magazine capacity comparable to a Glock!!!? Israel pat yourselves on the back!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:51 am
Valkyrie Hatter
Private Sanders
Valkyrie Hatter
Private Sanders
Valkyrie Hatter

Israel just made my day once more. A 1911 with a magazine capacity comparable to a Glock!!!? Israel pat yourselves on the back!
So, how should I issue these awesome Israeli handguns? I have an idea:

Guild Armoury
The Commonwealth Military issues very few handguns, mostly to officers. The majority of troops who would have been issued a handgun in the past are now issued PDWs. However, any personnel who want handguns are free to purchase their own [It MUST be the standard issue M5 Government in .40 S&W] and may carry it whenever permitted to carry weapons. Due to this policy there are many more privately owned handguns than military issued handguns carried by Commonwealth personnel, and a lot of personnel in combat positions carry them.

Is that functional?  

Private Sanders

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:06 am
Private Sanders
Valkyrie Hatter
Private Sanders
Valkyrie Hatter
Private Sanders

So, how should I issue these awesome Israeli handguns? I have an idea:

Guild Armoury
The Commonwealth Military issues very few handguns, mostly to officers. The majority of troops who would have been issued a handgun in the past are now issued PDWs. However, any personnel who want handguns are free to purchase their own [It MUST be the standard issue M5 Government in .40 S&W] and may carry it whenever permitted to carry weapons. Due to this policy there are many more privately owned handguns than military issued handguns carried by Commonwealth personnel, and a lot of personnel in combat positions carry them.

Is that functional?

If it were up to me to decide what my guys carry they'd be FNP-45s.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:10 am
Private Sanders
So, what about handing out Steyr AUGs or MP7 PDWs (depending on the situation) instead of submachine guns? Good idea? Should pilots and vehicle crews be issued MP7s?
I cannot honestly even begin to trust a .17-caliber round in stopping anything larger than a gopher. It's just ludicrous to me. ".22 is too small to be effective? Hmm, maybe if we make it smaller..."  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:17 am
Private Sanders
I'm issuing the H&K USP. I want the P226, but I hear it's a b***h to handle if your hands aren't big.
User Image

The USP is the pistol that requires your hands to be both gigantic and tiny at the same time, and has a trigger that feels like dragging a bucket over sand.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:16 pm
Fresnel
Private Sanders
So, what about handing out Steyr AUGs or MP7 PDWs (depending on the situation) instead of submachine guns? Good idea? Should pilots and vehicle crews be issued MP7s?
I cannot honestly even begin to trust a .17-caliber round in stopping anything larger than a gopher. It's just ludicrous to me. ".22 is too small to be effective? Hmm, maybe if we make it smaller..."
second.jpg  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:18 pm
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Private Sanders
What if I wanted a modified G3 instead of a modified M14 for a semi-automatic sniping weapon? Just as good?

New Beretta: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_90two

Would this in .40 cal be any good as a standard issue sidearm?
Hell no a G3 isn't better than an M14 DMR. It's no where in the ballpark of being a better weapon.

@Recon: I wouldn't compare the stock of an AUG to a QBZ-95. The only drums made for an AUG are the STANAG drums used for M16s and they go straight downwards and don't curve to the side. So it's kind of awkward to shoot.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Literally the only picture I can find of the AUG drum. I think that they just came out with it, so there hasn't been time for it to hit market. If you don't use the drum, though, it's either a 30- or a 42-round stick. They need to do the FAMAS thing and drop proprietary mags already.
The vidya game world has had drums on the AUG for a while now. At least since 04. Whether it has used it in real life or not I'm not sure.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:15 pm
Fresnel
Private Sanders
I'm issuing the H&K USP. I want the P226, but I hear it's a b***h to handle if your hands aren't big.
User Image

The USP is the pistol that requires your hands to be both gigantic and tiny at the same time, and has a trigger that feels like dragging a bucket over sand.
Well, it doesn't matter anymore. I've decided to issue the Israeli M5 Government in .40 Calibre.  

Private Sanders

King 0wl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:16 am
drums on the steyr aug are unheard of in actual military operations... in fact, a drum magazine on anything other then a dedicated clearance shotgun or LMG is ******** pointless... Actually, strike that. Drum magazines in general are pointless. They're bulky, mess with the balance of a weapon, and promote poor shooting in an operator.

30 round stick should be all you need, if you REALLY need that much firepower then tape a couple together

if there's anything you particularly would like to know about the aug, feel free to ask. I've spent a lot of time with that particular platform.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:35 am
n-n-Dimethyltryptamine
drums on the steyr aug are unheard of in actual military operations... in fact, a drum magazine on anything other then a dedicated clearance shotgun or LMG is ******** pointless... Actually, strike that. Drum magazines in general are pointless. They're bulky, mess with the balance of a weapon, and promote poor shooting in an operator.

30 round stick should be all you need, if you REALLY need that much firepower then tape a couple together

if there's anything you particularly would like to know about the aug, feel free to ask. I've spent a lot of time with that particular platform.
I wouldnt say drums are bad... they make the lightest of LMG's possible.

the RPK is a great weapon
and the MG36 is a great weapon too

even non LMG drumfed guns like the Suomi and PPSH are excellent guns.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers