Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Help With Meditation Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ILoveTalkingOranges808

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:51 am
Yuna_braska213
whenever i have trouble meditating (which is not as often as i'd like) i put on some realy tranquel muisc, nothing with words but just music and all my attention gets focused on that music..it helps me calm down and get into a frame of mind that is good for relaxed meditation.

Music! Awesome. When i listen to music it takes attention off the itch, but it still is a tad irritating. Music has helped a chunk with my meditating! Thanks!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:53 am
StarryEyedSkyler
Sanguina Cruenta
It doesn't help if you scratch some?

I think you're trying not to think too hard. Just let the thoughts drift away. The more you isolate them as troublesome thoughts, the more you defeat yourself, and end up stressed and frustrated. They are clouds across the sky of your mind. See them drift away.

Well, I shift to scratch and then lose my comfort stop. I am trying to find a way. I am trying to develop a meditation strategy from all of these post to see if I am find something.
And I do seem to think too hard, thanks! I'll try not to! But usually it goes like this in my mind:
Ok, don't think to hard, just don't think to hard. YOUR THINKING TOO HARD! Ok, just don't think bout thinking to hard... But Trying to not think I am thinking about it....
It's been getting a tad bit easier, but I always seem to end up frustrated.

That's the problem wink You think too hard about thinking too hard!

Just recognise the thought, and let it go like a balloon.

As for the itching, I'm not sure whether that's in your head or you're naturally an itchy individual. I get occasional twitches and usually I brush away hairs or this or that but I try not to scratch itches. You might want to try imagining that your arms are desperately heavy, and that moving to scratch that itch would take far more effort than letting the itch fade. Concentrate on the weight of your limbs rather than the itching, maybe that will help.

It might help if you concentrate on something specifically. All that focus you've been using on thinking too hard you could direct towards something specific, like counting breaths.

On guided meditations: I have a lot of difficulty finding good ones myself. The accents irritate me, or the voices are too syrupy, or the meditation itself is kinda dumb. There's a podcast called "Wynyfryd's Meditation Room" that I liked a few of, though. Guided meditations are things you really have to look hard for, because if the voice irritates you a little it'll spoil the whole meditation!  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

ILoveTalkingOranges808

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:00 am
Sanguina Cruenta
StarryEyedSkyler
Sanguina Cruenta
It doesn't help if you scratch some?

I think you're trying not to think too hard. Just let the thoughts drift away. The more you isolate them as troublesome thoughts, the more you defeat yourself, and end up stressed and frustrated. They are clouds across the sky of your mind. See them drift away.

Well, I shift to scratch and then lose my comfort stop. I am trying to find a way. I am trying to develop a meditation strategy from all of these post to see if I am find something.
And I do seem to think too hard, thanks! I'll try not to! But usually it goes like this in my mind:
Ok, don't think to hard, just don't think to hard. YOUR THINKING TOO HARD! Ok, just don't think bout thinking to hard... But Trying to not think I am thinking about it....
It's been getting a tad bit easier, but I always seem to end up frustrated.

That's the problem wink You think too hard about thinking too hard!

Just recognise the thought, and let it go like a balloon.

As for the itching, I'm not sure whether that's in your head or you're naturally an itchy individual. I get occasional twitches and usually I brush away hairs or this or that but I try not to scratch itches. You might want to try imagining that your arms are desperately heavy, and that moving to scratch that itch would take far more effort than letting the itch fade. Concentrate on the weight of your limbs rather than the itching, maybe that will help.

It might help if you concentrate on something specifically. All that focus you've been using on thinking too hard you could direct towards something specific, like counting breaths.

On guided meditations: I have a lot of difficulty finding good ones myself. The accents irritate me, or the voices are too syrupy, or the meditation itself is kinda dumb. There's a podcast called "Wynyfryd's Meditation Room" that I liked a few of, though. Guided meditations are things you really have to look hard for, because if the voice irritates you a little it'll spoil the whole meditation!

Focusing on weight helped me at the dentist so I wouldn't feel the pain, I hope it works for the itch! Awesome idea, I wish I remembered that! Thank your for you caring and taking the time! I'm going to go meditate with some of these tips, I think I got it down! THANK YOU!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:06 am
StarryEyedSkyler

Focusing on weight helped me at the dentist so I wouldn't feel the pain, I hope it works for the itch! Awesome idea, I wish I remembered that! Thank your for you caring and taking the time! I'm going to go meditate with some of these tips, I think I got it down! THANK YOU!

Oh no problem! I hope it helps!  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Laura_the_Pixie

11,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:03 pm
StarryEyedSkyler
Yuna_braska213
whenever i have trouble meditating (which is not as often as i'd like) i put on some realy tranquel muisc, nothing with words but just music and all my attention gets focused on that music..it helps me calm down and get into a frame of mind that is good for relaxed meditation.

Music! Awesome. When i listen to music it takes attention off the itch, but it still is a tad irritating. Music has helped a chunk with my meditating! Thanks!

you are most welcome ^_^  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces