ruger carry pistols
  S&W carry pistols
  other carry autos
  other carry revolvers
  trained gerbil
View Results

Wolf Nightshade

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:40 pm
At this time I carry a Beretta 92FS. Until I get around to buying another handgun that is a bit more compact. I wear a leather vest or my jacket to cover it more. I use a DeSantis Tuck This 2 it's nothing special. We have no major laws against Open Carry so I don't go to far out of my way to hide it. I generally carry an extra 15 round mag in my vest it's got hidden CCW pockets. The holster has a mag slot but I don't feel comfortable carrying in it. My vest can hold 2 small handguns and 2 extra mags. I just slip my extra mag into the right side of my vest. I always carry hollow points of course.

Not mine but this is the holster it's ok cheap but it works.
User Image

User Image

As for what I would carry if I get something new im just unsure right now Sig maybe.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:03 pm
I've been seriously considering seeing if I can trade in my G19 and all my accessories and s**t for a new Walther PPS. I just can't hide the Glock worth a s**t, and I'm thinking a thinner gun with a smaller grip would be easier to hide. Next month, Walther's going to be at the outdoor expo, so I'mma see if I can drop down ten bucks and put a few mags through a PPS, see if I really like it. If I don't, I think I'll save up for an LCP (without selling the Glock) and get a holster for that.

Speaking of Walther though, have you guys seen the PPQ?

User Image

I think they might be trying to replace the P99 already.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:18 pm
went to the range today and shot the glock 26 for the first time.

I like mrgreen
definitely keeping this pistol

although with the gen3 checkering the grip sorta digs into your hand and starts getting uncomfortable after like the first 80 or so rounds

pretty accurate, was hitting 8 inch pistol plate targets pretty good at I think 25 yds?
started slacking bad and really trying to slow down on my last 100 rounds but couldnt really come back from that gonk

probably going to get some finger extension base plates so my pinky isnt hanging out in the air too  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:19 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
although with the gen3 checkering the grip sorta digs into your hand and starts getting uncomfortable after like the first 80 or so rounds
I don't get that on the 19, I find it quite comfortable. Maybe it's the larger size?

I forget if I've already said this, but if you don't have the extended slide stop, I recommend that, too. They generally run under $20, and they make the gun incredibly easy to use with only just your thumb and forefinger. The little ledge gives you something to hold on to, instead of relying entirely on checkering like the stock lever does.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:44 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
I don't get that on the 19, I find it quite comfortable. Maybe it's the larger size?

I forget if I've already said this, but if you don't have the extended slide stop, I recommend that, too. They generally run under $20, and they make the gun incredibly easy to use with only just your thumb and forefinger. The little ledge gives you something to hold on to, instead of relying entirely on checkering like the stock lever does.
yeah, I grab the gun pretty tight due to the smallness. Im pretty sure adding the extra finger grip baseplates will help

so far im not having any problems actuating my stock slide release. it is only slightly inconvenient with my firing hand thumb but extremely effortless with the thumb on my supporting hand.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff