Welcome to Gaia! ::

FMG:The Future Mangaka Guild.

Back to Guilds

Aspiring manga artists and long-time fans of anime and manga,your haven is here. 

Tags: manga, anime, japanese, drawing, friends 

Reply The FMG Main
Weekly Question (UPDATED 8/6/12) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruby Jaguar

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:34 pm
The Haruist
Hey guys! This your captain speaking! Just thought I make things a little more fun by making a little section called the weekly questionnaire! The questions reflect upon anime/manga and your life. Answer the questions to your heart's content and enjoying comparing your answers!

This Week's Question
What anime would you like to be in,and why? What would you do in it?
Last Weeks Q: What genre of anime is your favorite,and name anime that you like from that genre?

Last week: My favorite is psychothriller/fantasy anime and my favorite is Pandora Hearts, a giant black bunny biggrin what could be better haha

This Week: I would so be in Naruto and tell Sasuke what an a** he is and then try to win Gaara's or Sai's heart hahah!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:51 pm
I did not think that I, or my drawings, could fit in anywhere. When I saw my first anime, I knew that it was for me!  

Befunfire

Devoted Worshipper

12,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

BroHanSein

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:13 pm
Q: What does anime and manga mean to me and how has it affected me?

R:.... I have loved anime all my life, but I have not actually been 'into' anime and manga until Middle School when I had no friends. So to me, anime and manga was an escape from the real world and from the idiots at my school. My first anime was Inuyasha (which was a bad idea). I was so obsessed with that show.... man....it's not even that good when I try to watch it now. lol Maybe because I tried watching it in English dubbed on Adult Swim... yeah, English subs are better. lol

Anyway, so anime and manga have been a very important crutch in my life, without it...ugh. To put it this way, I think it saved my life. I used to make excuses like, "I'll do it after I find out how Naruto ends." And guess what... next came Shippuuden. lol And it's still ongoing too. xD But I found so many other shows to live for as well, like Gintama, Sket Dance, Aoi Exorcist, One Piece (I'm on Episode 500!!!) and so much more.... But today, I have so much friends that if one day Anime/Manga were to disappear... I think I'll be okay...I mean, I'll cry and stuff but, I won't be crying alone. My friend LOVES Bleach so I believe she'll go on a killing spree if Bleach were to disappear... I'll help her. lol I don't like Bleach but I'll be pissed if I didn't see the end of One Piece (that show is so addicting O_o).

Sadness. =__=; Ugh.... I feed off of angst but only the angst of others.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:49 pm
What does anime mean to me? Well, I´ll have to start at the beginning. I´ve always liked anime, ever since I was little, but I didn´t really "get it" until around the beginning of middle school. I had always been drawing, and had a wide range of imagination, but for some reason, I didn´t feel like they were being done the right way, or better said, in the right form. The first anime I ever saw/finished was FullMetal Alchemist and was hooked since episode one. I learned then, that even though anime was a cartoon, it could tell an awesome story, have epic battles, do great comedy, and so much more. I felt a "connection" to it: I instantly knew that it was something I would gladly do for the rest of my life. Now, I´m not going to go into the fact that I didn´t have "that many" friends back then (like most of us), but what I will say, is that anime it an important part of my life. Since then, I started learning to draw, slowly going from noob artist, to "not that bad", and I´m obviously still practicing. I think that everyone deserves at least see a good anime episode once... at least.  

II Striker II
Crew

EpicNixxi

4,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:29 am
What do others think about your manga and anime affection? What do they think about your manga art skills?

Most of my friends like my drawings and want me to make a manga featuring them all. (it might take a while to be good enough) blaugh
But one of my friends says that she hates manga and anime and is extremely closed-minded about it... stare
I can't understand why she hates it so much!! crying At least she thinks my drawings are ok.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:58 pm
I don't really know what anyone thinks about it. Only one time I was working on a drawing of a monster but it looked more... cute then mean! redface
One gal told me that it would be better for it not to look mean. eek Why in the world would I do that?!  

Befunfire

Devoted Worshipper

12,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

The Haruist
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:18 pm
EpicNixxi
What do others think about your manga and anime affection? What do they think about your manga art skills?

Most of my friends like my drawings and want me to make a manga featuring them all. (it might take a while to be good enough) blaugh
But one of my friends says that she hates manga and anime and is extremely closed-minded about it... stare
I can't understand why she hates it so much!! crying At least she thinks my drawings are ok.
Why you remain friends,is something that you must tell me yourself. xD
People are haters because either,they simply don't like it,or they have absolutely no idea how awesome it is or have never really watched an anime all the way through. Introduce her to the best anime you've ever watched and force her to watch it :3 It's also better to let her watch an anime that has a genre she likes (action,comedy,romance)

Personally,i suggest these:
Toradora
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Clannad
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Bleach

Try to convince her,and if she refuses,just tell her "Watch an entire anime and see if it changes your opinion" biggrin
Oh,make sure she watches it entirely. If she doesn't,tell her she loses. ;D
And if she still refuses,say: "Then i'm better than you"
xD
Lol,say that if you want.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:05 pm
Quote:
Why you remain friends,is something that you must tell me yourself. xD
Try to convince her,and if she refuses,just tell her "Watch an entire anime and see if it changes your opinion"
Oh,make sure she watches it entirely. If she doesn't,tell her she loses. ;D
And if she still refuses,say: "Then i'm better than you"
xD
Great idea!! I'm thinking chains and duct tape... xd
I think I'll take your advice on that, I never gave it try. If I have to literally drug her then tie her to a chair, then that's what I'll do. hahaha xd
(jst kidding, seriously, a joke)  

EpicNixxi

4,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100

Befunfire

Devoted Worshipper

12,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:42 pm
What do you think are some of the differences of high school life in Japan compared to American or European high schools?

They have little lockers for outside shoes, and getting other shoes for inside. I never got to eat lunch in a classroom.

Do you believe anime and manga will eventually be widely accepted as mainstream entertainment?

I do think that anime & manga already are mainstream enterainment! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:57 pm
Funfire C42
What do you think are some of the differences of high school life in Japan compared to American or European high schools?

They have little lockers for outside shoes, and getting other shoes for inside. I never got to eat lunch in a classroom.

Do you believe anime and manga will eventually be widely accepted as mainstream entertainment?

I do think that anime & manga already are mainstream enterainment! 4laugh

teh difference is that japanese schools have badass uniforms (at least the men do biggrin )

i think that its not for EVERYONE, but a lot of people have yet to know just how wide the range of genres r and find the one thats just for them. like funfire said, anime is already a huge mainstream entertainment, but everyones got their preferences. some people like rock, others like tecno, and some like classical. the same way, some people like anime, others like series, and some just like staring at a wall and watch paint dry for entertainment (jk razz )  

II Striker II
Crew

NO WAII KOWAII

Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:14 am
The Haruist
This Week's Question
How are you planning to go forward with your career in manga and anime?

Start in the graphic design career first, before attempting the comic industry.  
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:34 pm
NO WAII KOWAII
The Haruist
This Week's Question
How are you planning to go forward with your career in manga and anime?

Start in the graphic design career first, before attempting the comic industry.

I tried going on that path myself. I hated that graphic design stuff! It was bad enough that I ended up I hospitalized, with depression.

I wish that I had just stayed with just my art & writing. That is what I am trying to do now.  

Befunfire

Devoted Worshipper

12,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
The FMG Main

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers