Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
mystery potion/witchbottle/idk lol Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:25 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Azareas Aquarinus
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus
If he's working in a context of Paganism, or Neo-Paganism, and is a beginner, he should know it's an insult to do a bad spell in the presence of certain deities, and the fact he can use it, doesn't mean he should use it for everything.

I don't know how to put this- and rather than jump to conclusions, it might just be better for me to ask some questions.

Which gods is it offensive to do those spells before?
Why does magic have to include gods?
What kinds of paganism is this true for?
What makes a bad spell bad?

If he did a ritual, a neo-pagan one, and it was for spell purposes, and did something offensive by harming someone through a spell, then whatever deities he chose to use, he could've insulted the deity. I'm just putting forth an example.

Sometimes people use a deity for specific reasons, or call on them if they need their loaned powers, or are certain things being asked of the deity. E.g: A spell for protection, one would call on a god used for protection.

A bad spell, or something of negative intent, doing something evil to a living being through magical intention and energy. Forcing them against their will or harming them.

This is a major problem that you don't seem able to get past. Gods are not used. They especially are not ingredients in spells like herbs or candles or whatever.

I've been told a prayer is a form of a spell. You're asking a deity for something that's needed. That's what I meant by that. Sorry I've said people use deities. I believe "work with" is the correct term.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:26 pm
Azareas Aquarinus

If he did a ritual, a neo-pagan one, and it was for spell purposes, and did something offensive by harming someone through a spell, then whatever deities he chose to use, he could've insulted the deity. I'm just putting forth an example.

It didn't come across as an example to me- mostly because there weren't any specifics.
Which gods do you think have those kinds of ideas of good and bad- and why do you think they have it?

Quote:
Sometimes people use a deity for specific reasons,

This is the second time in as many days that I've seen you do this- "using" gods is a bad idea.
I don't know what you do- but when I find out people have been using me, I get pissed and I make it clear that it's not ok.

Gods are not computers- you don't plug in, turn them on, use them to do what you want and put them back on the shelf. I really think understanding this is very important to your development- the sooner you junk that perspective, the better you'll be.

Quote:
or call on them if they need their loaned powers, or are certain things being asked of the deity. E.g: A spell for protection, one would call on a god used for protection.
Petition work isn't always the same as magic- you know?

Quote:
A bad spell, or something of negative intent, doing something evil to a living being through magical intention and energy. Forcing them against their will or harming them.

There are bad people in the world that do really bad things- I think it's a good thing to do magic to stop them, even if stopping them means they get hurt.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:27 pm
Azareas Aquarinus

I've been told a prayer is a form of a spell. You're asking a deity for something that's needed. That's what I meant by that. Sorry I've said people use deities. I believe "work with" is the correct term.

Prayer has nothing to do with spells. One is asking, the other is doing.

I prefer "worship" myself. Or "honour".  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:38 pm
Azareas Aquarinus

I'm saying doing something bad to someone through a spell or magical intent, is ignorant because it backfires on you.

This isn't always the case- if someone told you it was, they misinformed you.

Quote:
The person who performs the spell is only making things worse upon themselves. Unless, I may be wrong there, and someone can harm someone through magcial intent.
Yep- you were misinformed. You can harm someone- and it doesn't have to backfire.

Quote:
And again I may be wrong here, but: I feel like I seem like a "beginner" to you. Or someone minor. I'm open to be educated, or learn things. But I go by my path and intuition. From Pagans I've met in person, and talked to, they've told me I'm a "Natural Witch". And I've met a coven priestess (an initated Wiccan friend of mine), and others.

You are a beginner to me at least- but that's got to do with me doing magic before you were born. I don't know what they mean when they say "Natural Witch" or even what you did to verify your friend's claim- but whatever is going on- it doesn't seem to be doing you much good or be in your best interest. I really think your best interest is going to be found in listening more, reading more and asking more questions- while making claims and stuff less.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:39 pm
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

It didn't come across as an example to me- mostly because there weren't any specifics.
Which gods do you think have those kinds of ideas of good and bad- and why do you think they have it?

Quote:
Sometimes people use a deity for specific reasons,

This is the second time in as many days that I've seen you do this- "using" gods is a bad idea.
I don't know what you do- but when I find out people have been using me, I get pissed and I make it clear that it's not ok.

Gods are not computers- you don't plug in, turn them on, use them to do what you want and put them back on the shelf. I really think understanding this is very important to your development- the sooner you junk that perspective, the better you'll be.

Quote:
or call on them if they need their loaned powers, or are certain things being asked of the deity. E.g: A spell for protection, one would call on a god used for protection.
Petition work isn't always the same as magic- you know?

Quote:

There are bad people in the world that do really bad things- I think it's a good thing to do magic to stop them, even if stopping them means they get hurt.

Well, some people invoke or call on the chosen deities when they do the spell, and they think to do the spell they need a presence of a deity.

I'm sorry! I need to stop saying "using" because deities aren't tools. I believe "work with" is the correct term, no?

Yeah. sweatdrop

I guess so. But would you get the hurt back because of the whole karma thing?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:44 pm
1. if deities exist, why cant immortality exist? its at least real for several species on earth like bristlecone pines or some jellyfish (biological immortality)

so ive been doing research on dna changes how it changes etc

ive researched alot of s**t k includign what causes aging and dna damage

but i still dont know what to do entirely

and half of what i want to do promotes some negative thing in society like pollution or trees being wasted.

2. yur all argueing about somehtign that doesnt f***ing matter

i guess people of all shapes and sizes exist in every community.

ok so i did make this thread, i think itd be appropriate to either discuss paths potions magic or immortality based on productive things that have been said.

im also interested in myths (not greek or roman ones) and im interested in hearing experiences.

i believe magic exists, i believe science exists, i believe gods may or may not exist, i DONT have a path, not pagan, not not pagan, definitely not christian, screw anything to do with that for now.

basically what i tried to do with the spices, i read stuff on sigils and servitors and constructs i think it said it had to do with chaos magic.

thats why i got some somatic cells in there, by scraping some dead skin off of my hand and putting it under the facet, i used a JAR ok not w/e the ******** else u said.

im here to learn not watch idiots argue over some details, though i may be to blame to a degree.

sorry for the confusion earlier.

so does anyone here know about sigils potency? like how effective can scribbling one on a paper or label really be? i used sigils on the jar.

from what ive heard, sigils are more to plant a subconcious seed than anything but i heard its been decently effect or something, idk thats half of why im here is to see what others think.

and i apologize for hurt feelings im half in a bad mood half wondering why peopel are argueing about unrelated topics here and half wondering why everyone here LOVES to make assumptions.

edit:took a while to post this may not be up to date on recent posts  

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:44 pm
Azareas Aquarinus
Well, some people invoke or call on the chosen deities when they do the spell, and they think to do the spell they need a presence of a deity.
For a spell- why do you need a god?

Quote:
I think I saw something about Karma being related to Dharma- maybe someone who knows this stuff better could explain it, but I'm pretty sure that it isn't what you're thinking it means.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:45 pm
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

I'm saying doing something bad to someone through a spell or magical intent, is ignorant because it backfires on you.

This isn't always the case- if someone told you it was, they misinformed you.

Quote:
The person who performs the spell is only making things worse upon themselves. Unless, I may be wrong there, and someone can harm someone through magcial intent.
Yep- you were misinformed. You can harm someone- and it doesn't have to backfire.

Quote:
And again I may be wrong here, but: I feel like I seem like a "beginner" to you. Or someone minor. I'm open to be educated, or learn things. But I go by my path and intuition. From Pagans I've met in person, and talked to, they've told me I'm a "Natural Witch". And I've met a coven priestess (an initated Wiccan friend of mine), and others.

You are a beginner to me at least- but that's got to do with me doing magic before you were born. I don't know what they mean when they say "Natural Witch" or even what you did to verify your friend's claim- but whatever is going on- it doesn't seem to be doing you much good or be in your best interest. I really think your best interest is going to be found in listening more, reading more and asking more questions- while making claims and stuff less.

Oh I see. But I've seen a lot of: Whatever you send out, you get back. Or is this not always the case?

I guess it depends on the situation. It you're foolishly harming them because they've made a small bad thing happen to you, then I guess that would instantly backfire.

Thanks for the advice, Esiris. I see what you mean. I guess "Natural Witch" means they've had a craft all along, they just needed to find something that clicks. Or maybe there's no such thing. I wouldn't know myself.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:46 pm
Azareas Aquarinus

Sorry I offended you. I worded things in a way I shouldn't have.

I'm saying doing something bad to someone through a spell or magical intent, is ignorant because it backfires on you. The person who performs the spell is only making things worse upon themselves.
Well obviously you haven't figured out the "correct" way of wording this, because you just said/implied the exact same thing you just insisted you didn't mean.

Which leaves only one conclusion. You meant it.

Quote:
Unless, I may be wrong there, and someone can harm someone through magcial intent.
Yes, you are wrong.

Bad, is relative. Evil, is relative. If one performs a spell that is not intended souly for oneself, theoretically it is affecting people around them, IE: affecting anothers free will.

Say, for instance, a person thinks, "Oh, perhaps I'll put a spell on this hospital to help everyone get better." In theory, this sounds like a wonderful idea.

Except for the person who just signed papers requesting not to be revived. In that instance, you're negatively affecting them.

Is that spell "evil" or "bad"?

Quote:
This is because you are a beginner and you really are a minor. There's no guesswork there. <********. I'm a "Natural Witch" too. All that means is you'll probably be able to pick up on it faster and with ease.

Quote:
I'm not saying you're doing this, but I've been told there are some "I'm better than you" groups out there.

Simply by saying this it's obvious that this thought has gone through your mind in regards to my comment. In that case, you have just closed your mind to learning and understanding. An idea like that turns into "They're just saying that because they think they're better than me" which in turn results in your brain ignoring and kicking out what could potentially be important/useful information simply because you believe your intelligence and your pride has been wounded.

You are young and you are a beginner. By denying this, you're only hurting yourself.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:48 pm
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus
For a spell- why do you need a god?

Quote:
I think I saw something about Karma being related to Dharma- maybe someone who knows this stuff better could explain it, but I'm pretty sure that it isn't what you're thinking it means.

For more energy, maybe? To increase the spellwork. I suppose it's an intuitive thing.

Yeah.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:52 pm
Immortal Kei
1. if deities exist, why cant immortality exist? its at least real for several species on earth like bristlecone pines or some jellyfish (biological immortality)
I think it has more to do with physics- everything breaks down, and even those forms of life aren't really immortal as much as they're really long lived.

Quote:
so ive been doing research on dna changes how it changes etc

ive researched alot of s**t k includign what causes aging and dna damage

but i still dont know what to do entirely

I don't think kitchen spices are the answer to immortality- but since you understand DNA and stuff, you probably know you need to work on the cellular level, which means you need to get a hold of laboratory grade equipment- even if botanicals have the key elements- you'll need to learn how to extract and apply it.

Quote:
2. yur all argueing about somehtign that doesnt f***ing matter

i guess people of all shapes and sizes exist in every community.

ok so i did make this thread, i think itd be appropriate to either discuss paths potions magic or immortality based on productive things that have been said.

im also interested in myths (not greek or roman ones) and im interested in hearing experiences.

i believe magic exists, i believe science exists, i believe gods may or may not exist, i DONT have a path, not pagan, not not pagan, definitely not christian, screw anything to do with that for now.
If you're not pagan- why did you join this guild?

Quote:
basically what i tried to do with the spices, i read stuff on sigils and servitors and constructs i think it said it had to do with chaos magic.

thats why i got some somatic cells in there, by scraping some dead skin off of my hand and putting it under the facet, i used a JAR ok not w/e the ******** else u said.

im here to learn not watch idiots argue over some details, though i may be to blame to a degree.

sorry for the confusion earlier.
Calling people idiots is very rude- it won't get you very far.

Quote:
so does anyone here know about sigils potency? like how effective can scribbling one on a paper or label really be? i used sigils on the jar.

from what ive heard, sigils are more to plant a subconcious seed than anything but i heard its been decently effect or something, idk thats half of why im here is to see what others think.

and i apologize for hurt feelings im half in a bad mood half wondering why peopel are argueing about unrelated topics here and half wondering why everyone here LOVES to make assumptions.
If you call someone names- and then want them to share what they know with you, something they worked hard to learn- why would they do it?

Azareas Aquarinus
Oh I see. But I've seen a lot of: Whatever you send out, you get back. Or is this not always the case?
That sure hasn't been my experience.

Quote:
I guess it depends on the situation. It you're foolishly harming them because they've made a small bad thing happen to you, then I guess that would instantly backfire.
I don't see any reason to guess that.
Azareas Aquarinus

For more energy, maybe? To increase the spellwork. I suppose it's an intuitive thing.

I don't speak for any gods- but if someone just wanted my energy and called me away from whatever I was doing to have me work for them for free- I'd be pissed.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:54 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Azareas Aquarinus

I see. A spell is an act of causing change.

A prayer is honouring, or worshipping.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:01 pm
Azareas Aquarinus
Sanguina Cruenta
Azareas Aquarinus

I see. A spell is an act of causing change.

A prayer is honouring, or worshipping.

No. I was saying I prefer the words "worship" or "honour" to "work with". Prayer is communication with deity.

A spell can involve prayer if need be, but it's definitely something you do yourself. You control it. If you're asking a god to decide whether or not the spell works, that's weakening the will you're impressing.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:03 pm
Sanguina Cruenta

A spell can involve prayer if need be, but it's definitely something you do yourself. You control it. If you're asking a god to decide whether or not the spell works, that's weakening the will you're impressing.
Something like that happens in some parts of Vodou- you do the work, make offerings and then ask the Loa to facilitate or not.

It's not always like that- but it's enough that it can make even some initiates leery.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers