Submit

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:50 pm
Jiti
Ah, so they don't choose animals over humans?
Oh do they have to learn a lot about animals to know?

No, one doesn't choose to be a therian, either you are one or you aren't. Some people don't need to do any digging at all and just sort of know what they are right away. I personally had to do a crap load of digging around and I still haven't nailed it down to an exact species (but I've come close).

And I think you all are misunderstanding what therianthropy is. It's not some form of power and it's not a delusion. People really do undergo mental and phantom shifts that can even be detected in their physical demeanor and mannerisms if you know what to look for. Who are you to say that their perception of themselves is any more wrong than yours.

It actually saddens me that the people here have such narrow views on the world around them. Therians don't choose to be what they are and most of them spend their entire lives trying to hide it. I thought that because this was a guild for furs I might see more open mindedness and acceptance but it now appears I was mistaken and I sorely regret even bringing up the subject. :<  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:54 pm
Zuri-kai

[♫=♥]

Please don't feel that way. cry
People have mixed views probably because they ran into ones that twisted what therianthropy is.

Jiti

Tiny Animal

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:36 pm
If they tell you they are wolves or foxes, chances are 99.90% that they are wrong.

Scientific fact!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:10 pm
Jiti
Zuri-kai

[♫=♥]

People have mixed views probably because they ran into ones that twisted what therianthropy is.
Fact is 99.9% of people don't do proper research when they run into a new thing that to them is Foreign thus they deem it a "Mental illness" (Homosexuality for example), or Evil, (Paganism), and again Mental illness (Therianism), and so forth.

People are far too sucked into a bigoted hateful view of the world these days (STILL) and thus anything that scares them is to be shunned, so they trick others into doing the same.  

Xx_Hanyuu-San_xX

2,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Informer 100

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:23 pm
XxTwisted_Desire_PantsuxX
Jiti
Zuri-kai

[♫=♥]

Fact is 99.9% of people don't do proper research when they run into a new thing that to them is Foreign thus they deem it a "Mental illness" (Homosexuality for example), or Evil, (Paganism), and again Mental illness (Therianism), and so forth.

People are far too sucked into a bigoted hateful view of the world these days (STILL) and thus anything that scares them is to be shunned, so they trick others into doing the same.

*applauds* Well said. :3  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:45 am
XxTwisted_Desire_PantsuxX
Jiti
Zuri-kai

[♫=♥]

i agree with zuri. you pretty much hit the nail on the head with that statement.
and that is also the reason i did not want to form an opinion on this. its like i said in my last post. im not educated in this subject. i wish people would think sometime before talking about stuff they dont know.
as for your last bit, i think i can sum that up for you

mob mentality+fear and throw a little ignorance in there as well  

Deaths kitsune

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200

Jiti

Tiny Animal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:32 am
[-Erik-]
If they tell you they are wolves or foxes, chances are 99.90% that they are wrong.

Scientific fact!
What's with leaving the 1% in these things?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:38 am
Jiti
[-Erik-]

Scientific fact!

I dunno, I usually leave the 0.10% O:  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Jiti

Tiny Animal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:43 am
[-Erik-]
Jiti
[-Erik-]

Scientific fact!

It's never 100%.
WHY U LEAVE 0.10%?
scream  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:46 am
Jiti
[-Erik-]
Jiti
[-Erik-]

Scientific fact!

It's never 100%.
WHY U LEAVE 0.10%?
scream

Because I still have hope in humanity, please don't hurt me! gonk  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Jiti

Tiny Animal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:51 am
[-Erik-]
Jiti
[-Erik-]
Jiti
[-Erik-]

Scientific fact!

It's never 100%.
WHY U LEAVE 0.10%?
scream

So there's a 0.10% chance that they are right about being a wolf or a fox?
You're weird.
talk2hand  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:03 am
Jiti
[-Erik-]
Jiti
[-Erik-]
Jiti
[-Erik-]

Scientific fact!

It's never 100%.
WHY U LEAVE 0.10%?
scream

So there's a 0.10% chance that they are right about being a wolf or a fox?
You're weird.
talk2hand

I also like giving people the benefit of the doubt :3  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Artemis Vulpes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:34 pm
Zuri-kai
Artemis Vulpes
Ah, yes, the furs that forget to take their anti-psychotics.
That's a rather mean thing to say. Remember that this guild is supposed to be a place to discuss things freely without this kind of snide comment.

Rules & FAQ
7. Keep an open mind. Prejudice, racism, and bigotry of a minority, subculture, or group are not allowed. Do not make posts or otherwise display content that "bashes" a group of people. This type of behavior is unacceptable and will get you banned from this guild.

People are perfectly allowed to be skeptical, snide and snarky. One is not allowed to outright attack someone for their beliefs, but they are certainly allowed to state their opinion on such matters.

Garek Maxwell
Artemis Vulpes

Just like the people with any other religious beliefs or lack there of*. wink

I would hope I don't have to remind people that, so long as they don't claim to have special sparkle powers or can influence the natural world in measurable means, then claiming superiority (what it really boils down to) in the situation is no better than any fundie.

However, the minute anyone claims they have wolf blood or can grow fur at will, then get out the protractors because it's disprovin' time.

* Those with no religion are not exempt because the supernatural is inherently beyond our natural methods of scientific understanding. You can get all huffy when someone claims the natural world can be influenced by their supernatural abilities though.

I would only call a religious people crazy if they actually believed they they could converse with God, or the gods, and claim they have seen things such as angles and demons. There are reasons way the diagnosis of schizophrenia exists.

Jungle Boots
Garek Maxwell
Artemis Vulpes

Just like the people with any other religious beliefs or lack there of*. wink

I would hope I don't have to remind people that, so long as they don't claim to have special sparkle powers or can influence the natural world in measurable means, then claiming superiority (what it really boils down to) in the situation is no better than any fundie.

However, the minute anyone claims they have wolf blood or can grow fur at will, then get out the protractors because it's disprovin' time.

* Those with no religion are not exempt because the supernatural is inherently beyond our natural methods of scientific understanding. You can get all huffy when someone claims the natural world can be influenced by their supernatural abilities though.

i think his point is to ask how many of these people actually have been diagnosed with mental dissorders.

It realy does seem like a dillusion of grandure. "im specialer than you... imma fox demon. Im an immortal creature with supernatural powers..."

it reminds me of Wicca kids in high school that threatened to curse me and expected me to be afraid that i would actually be hexed.or even better "the fox demon inside me possesses my body sometimes. thats why i am a d**k some times."

no yer just a d**k some times.

ive run into that in some local fur meets...

But yeah... I agree with you Garek... as much as i dont agree with them i'm not about to attempt to break their dillusions. It just makes me think that those kids are trying too hard to gain self worth. but then again arent we all...

Indeed, many therians I have met and talked with in the past have openly admitted they have been diagnosed with some sort of mental disorder, but choose to not take medication because it dulls their connection with their animal spirit. More like it cures them of the mental issues that makes them believe such a thing is real to begin with.

Hearing voices and seeing visions is not a sign you are spiritual aware, it means you need to seek medical help.

I have offered therians many times an opportunity to off up some kind of evidence, or proof, that there is any validity to their belief. Not a single one has been able to offer up something tangible, I am sorry but feeling it is true is just not good enough. Seriously, if you are going to make a claim you had better have someone to back it up, simple as that.

I am actually perfectly fine with people believing whatever it is they want to believe, but I do feel that such matter are better left a private affair. The moment you start to share in a public forum, you open yourself up to questions and skeptism. If you are not prepared for such events, then it is better you do not bring up the subject. Again, people are allowed to believe, but in turn other are allowed to react negatively. It is a two way street.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:20 pm
In situations such as therionanthropy i cannot confidently find rational and logical scientific means to come to a conclusion that a human being has the spirit of an animal within them.

Quote:

this would be a true if psychologists agreed that theriananthropy was scientifically viable and not a mental illness... however... im betting most psychologists would consider it either a patient's dillusional fantasy, or a definite personality/mental dissorder.

im not a christian claiming it sin or witchcraft... im a proponent of scientific evidence that proposes a much more clear and relyably testable explaination available outside of the therian's pseudo-spiritual soul inhabitation.

Quote:
And I think you all are misunderstanding what therianthropy is. It's not some form of power and it's not a delusion. People really do undergo mental and phantom shifts that can even be detected in their physical demeanor and mannerisms if you know what to look for. Who are you to say that their perception of themselves is any more wrong than yours.

It actually saddens me that the people here have such narrow views on the world around them. Therians don't choose to be what they are and most of them spend their entire lives trying to hide it. I thought that because this was a guild for furs I might see more open mindedness and acceptance but it now appears I was mistaken and I sorely regret even bringing up the subject. :<

It is exactly the claim that there is a phantom shift or an astral shift that i do not believe in. Do not try to guilt trip me as if my beliefs towards psychology and existentiality are unfounded. In that respect you are not being respectful of my skepticisms, and my beliefs.

It is incredibly silly for me to beleive that the phantom exists, that a soul exists to begin with, and thus any shift, any personality shift seems to be scientifically more to do with a neurological dissorder than it does the personal claim that one's body is periodically inhabited by a forgein spirit. In people with similar symptoms it seems as very decent evidence that the psychologist has diagnosed a patient correctly if the medicine does what its supposed to do.

You may believe what ever you want but you have to realize that science and psychology will not be willing to accept any claim that it cannot support with its own processes and thusly there will be people that are skeptical of your beliefs.

also @ erik's .1%... its always important to realize there is no absolute, and that science cannot ever and will never be able to prove a spiritual claim wrong. due to science's own ability to be ammendable it MUST allow for the possibility that there could be a true blue therian in the world... that animal spirits could inhabit human bodies, however irrational theriananthropy may be within the evidinces of the scientific process.  

Jungle Boots

Jungle Boots

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:41 pm
also, open mindedness is not a willingness to accept or believe in any claim or any belief set before one's self.

Open mindedness is a willingness to accept claims and beliefs that have a perceived rational reasoning in its explaination.

Do not try to guilt trip skeptics into a claim that they are being intollerant because they refuse to accept a claim they find irrational. A failure to allow a skeptic their process of rationally analyizing or discarding your claims is far more biggoted than than the skeptic's refusal to accept your claims.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff