Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q][READY] Pipelle the Chicken - Updated 23/02/14! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andraia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:15 pm

Aaaaaand we have arrived at page two x'3 .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:31 pm
AndrAIa

Oh my god I love this character! She's adorable. I've read her form and really can't find anything to nit pick at. Shes solid. Shes adorable. Shes a CHICKEN!

I am tickled that she has a rage mode. My first thought were the chickens from zelda when they get mad and its like NOW YOU DIE : D

Really solid character o u o b I think you got something going here ~ I'll leave you with some questions for fun though.

Does Pipelle have a breaking point where she starts to mind? Like how far can a student go before her generosity is done with?

Does she lay eggs and eat them o u o ? THIS WAS A THOUGHT WHEN YOU SAID SHE EATS EGGS OKAY!

You said shes two? But 14-16 in chicken years? Since the schools set up as first year second year third year, will she mature much faster then a normal student?

AND thats all I got ; D  

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:34 pm
Also come by the main thread more and say hi ~ Srs <3 We don't bite. Staying in the guild secludes you and your quest from being seen and this quest is really great!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:16 pm
Chobi_Chocobo

Thank you for the compliments <3 . I really love this character, so I'm glad
you think well of her~. And you're right, I should come by the main thread
more often X'D . I really should.

Regarding Age: I kind of saw her as growing slower as she got older, so she
is 14/16 now, but by the time she get to third year she would be growing at a
normal rate. So she wouldn't be older than the majority of her classmates~.
I do plan on her lifespan being longer than 7 years (the chicken average) x'3 .

Regarding Eggs: I DID NOT EVEN THINK OF THAT XD . Oh gods. Although
I suppose she would lay eggs.

Regarding Her Breaking Point: I think that she would be pretty chill and hard
to break... because I see it taking her a long time to figure it out if someone
was taking advantage of her XD . However I think if she did 'break' it would
be in more of a sad way than an angry way.

Andraia

Andraia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:15 pm
heart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:47 pm

It's that time of year again. That time where I come bump this old (old) quest thread
to see if I might be able to coax a few more crits out of people and reassure myself
that I haven't completely given up the hunt yet x'D .

Andraia

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:23 am
AndrAIa

Hi there! I was wondering where you got the mythos/basis for a giant black chicken?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:30 am
iStoleYurVamps
AndrAIa

Hi there! I was wondering where you got the mythos/basis for a giant black chicken?

I am also curious. I'm imaging her as eventually evolving like a monster pokemon into Baba Yaga's chicken legged house 8D  

Aazhie

Greedy Wolf

Andraia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:00 am
iStoleYurVamps
Aazhie

Lol, that would be kind of hilarious but, no, not actually in the plans XD .

She's just inspired by the general fear of chickens (and I can't have been the only little kid in the world who thought that a giant chicken would have made an awesome monster movie). Back when I first created her there wasn't really any strict requirement that all of the characters be based off specific existing monsters. About a year ago I came across the basan, which I considered adjusting Pipelle to fit, but I keep thinking that the (admittedly awesome) fire powers would take away from the chicken-ness that is Pipelle at the core. I kind of adore her for her awkward charm, and the basan just seemed to elegant to really fit. However, if not having a traditional monster base is a problem now, I could probably make her a basan with minimal damage to the character concept.

I can't believe this quest turns three in less than two weeks x'D . I think I'm going to do a complete overhaul of the form for the anniversary.

EDIT: Also, sorry about the delay with the reply. I was working off my tablet for most of the last week and posting from that is just a pain OTL .

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:12 am
AndrAIa

Lol, that would be kind of hilarious but, no, not actually in the plans XD .

Ha ha, no worries! It didn't seem to be any influence on this character, I just had the image. I love chickens and always have, but that image of a house that ran around on chicken legs was scary as heck to me. I'm thinking she could use a few 'creepier" habits or abilities perhaps, but I'm amused by her being pretty derpy. Obviously if a GM says otherwise, I'd say you could give her some kind of mysterious-ness, like the vanishing trick the Basan does while following people, or perhaps a more baleful Hell-beast looking chicken form. I actually like the Basan since it wouldn't be altering her too much and she can still be terribly awkward when she isn't TRYING very HARD to be scary!

Even I wouldn't want to encounter a chicken the size of a human, that's just messed up! My most horror inducing story for a year was about an island of giant snails that ate people. Size and scale can really change the level of fear someone has about something, even without a pre-existing phobia.

I'd LOVE to see an overhaul of this character!  

Aazhie

Greedy Wolf

Andraia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:25 am
Aazhie

Oh gods, giant snails that eat people OnO . Yeah, I'd be scared of that.

Actually, that wouldn't be so bad. The disappearing act would make a great FEAR, and the "fire that doesn't burn" could actually help add to the derp-factor x'D . They would definitely be more interesting than the "rage mode" one I've got right now. It would mean a slight reworking of her back story/home life, but that's certainly not a deal breaker. This deserves much further consideration, for sure.

I would defs still want to keep the black feathered natural form since, a) its what translates to the ash black skin colour, and b) I've kind of been in love with them ever since watching Labyrinth, hehe. The new version will absolutely be up for the twenty-third, so if you want to see it you should check back then ;3 .

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:38 am
AndrAIa
Aazhie

Cool! I'm glad those could be worked in. I think she's fantastically amusing as is, but I suspect having some supernatural abilities will help her fit into the setting ^_^ I really like her skin tone and if you're going to have a giant monster chicken, I feel black would be spookier and more halloweenish than other chicken colors!
I think as far as personality goes, you can still keep the Rage factor- for interest, character flaws and... honestly? I really just want to see some poor sucker getting chased around by an enraged, fire breathing barnyard fowl. The rage doesn't need to give her any bonuses or anything, she could just get sick of someone's BS, start cackling in an angry chicken way and bulldoze them with flappy chicken fu!

Though I would like to know what is is that would set her off poultry battle mode- everyone has limits or touchy subjects, so defining that would help give her extra depth!  

Aazhie

Greedy Wolf

Andraia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:27 am
Aazhie

The only thing that really sets her aggressive side off is fear. She's basically an idiot; perpetually happy because she doesn't see the things that should make her upset. This will probably change a little bit as she grows older and gets a little more worldly (and broody).

Pipelle's new form is done! I actually ended up changing very little; I just corrected some grammatical errors and spiffed up for the formatting a bit. I'm going to redouble my efforts towards getting her approved and, hopefully, eventually enrolled.

In the end I decided not to go with basan option. As I tried to incorporate the basan features into her powers and personality, I felt like it just ended up watering her down. I kind of enjoy the monstrous black chicken monster that I created for her, and I think its bottom-of-the-FEAR-chain status will be more fun to work with than the (admittedly slightly cooler) middle ground place a basan would hold.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:55 pm
User Image

Andraia

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out