• Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:43 pm
fizz19
Nosada_Kage
fizz19
Nosada_Kage
fizz19

Well i dont think i can afford it atm since im still in high school and dont have a job, and school started a few weeks ago so im still buying some of my school textbooks.
torrent then, yep yep

What does it look like if you download it?
its all page by page in a PDF file. be sure to get the CDs and answer key as well.

and approx. how big would it be?
around 1.17GB with everything. i got both books, workbooks, all the CDs and the answer key.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:48 pm
Nosada_Kage
fizz19
Nosada_Kage
fizz19
Nosada_Kage
fizz19

Well i dont think i can afford it atm since im still in high school and dont have a job, and school started a few weeks ago so im still buying some of my school textbooks.
torrent then, yep yep

What does it look like if you download it?
its all page by page in a PDF file. be sure to get the CDs and answer key as well.

and approx. how big would it be?
around 1.17GB with everything. i got both books, workbooks, all the CDs and the answer key.

wow thats pretty big but i guess its worth it.  

Daeuil

5,100 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0

lennersmii
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:10 am

Genki is extremely worth it, best elementary textbook already (: Also, there's a new version (but the core content hasn't changed, so no worries)!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:30 am
Okay, I am too...something, can't think of the word I want, to actually sit and read so I haven't read everything in the thread... xp

I LOVE my Genki books. I have all the student books except the workbook for the second one. I am technically in the second book, but I haven't studied much in almost a year so am reviewing the first one.

I would love to practise with anyone, but I barely know any real-world vocabulary for lack of good everyday media. I have several financial newspapers I found at Borders and several manga and even a copy of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, but there's not much I can get out of them when I barely know the kanji they are using. I know about 100 characters easy, no more than maybe 30, possibly as much as 50, more by sight, but can only tell you either the meaning or the readings. I do have a really good on-line dictionary, though, so I can look things up, but they might not stick in my head...

Hermonie Urameshi

Conservative Explorer

6,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Guildmember 100

lennersmii
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:56 am
Hermonie Urameshi
Okay, I am too...something, can't think of the word I want, to actually sit and read so I haven't read everything in the thread... xp

I LOVE my Genki books. I have all the student books except the workbook for the second one. I am technically in the second book, but I haven't studied much in almost a year so am reviewing the first one.

I would love to practise with anyone, but I barely know any real-world vocabulary for lack of good everyday media. I have several financial newspapers I found at Borders and several manga and even a copy of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, but there's not much I can get out of them when I barely know the kanji they are using. I know about 100 characters easy, no more than maybe 30, possibly as much as 50, more by sight, but can only tell you either the meaning or the readings. I do have a really good on-line dictionary, though, so I can look things up, but they might not stick in my head...

I would recommend putting the newspapers aside from now. Reading newspapers is hard even for native Japanese because of all the kanji, so you're better off trying to read simple newpapers like Mainichi Elementary Newspaper or short novels designed for junior high school (much harder to find).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:38 am
Hermonie Urameshi

to help with learning the kanji i suggest getting a book called Essential Kanji, its been really useful to me so far. if you want someone to practice with just contact me. i am eager to find some study partners.  

Nosada_Kage

6,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100

Daeuil

5,100 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:12 pm
Hermonie Urameshi

I wouldn't mind practicing with you, and btw ive been reading japanese mangas that are for little boys because its for younger children, you can read it as long as you know hiragana and katakana because it has furigana which helps you read the kanji  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:14 pm
Nosada_Kage
Hermonie Urameshi

to help with learning the kanji i suggest getting a book called Essential Kanji, its been really useful to me so far. if you want someone to practice with just contact me. i am eager to find some study partners.

I'm willling to be one of your study partners, ill probably need to find a partner otherwise i wont get very far  

Daeuil

5,100 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Hermonie Urameshi

Conservative Explorer

6,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:37 pm
Nosada_Kage
Hermonie Urameshi

If I remember correctly, that book uses roumaji. I can't learn well in roumaji anymore, nothing sticks well. I have to find a way to get the second Remembering the Kanji book.

@lennersmii: If I could stand staring at a screen for longer than a few minutes at a time, I would use that, but I can really only stand reading lessons. It's weird, I know, but it's true. sweatdrop

As for books, I have a couple of children's books, but I'm not going to bother trying to find more books right now. Our family has about 2,500 books easy and a small house. (I can't even get all my books on shelves any more cause one of my bookcases is missing!---not enough room.) My brother will be going to Illinois soon and I hope to join the Marine Corps, but until that happens, we can't really get anything new.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:25 pm

Maybe try printing then? (: I find printing always helps because I can underline and highlight words and whatnot and if I'm on public transportation, I can read it while I wait for my stop 3nodding

If you really just want to learn financial terms and what not, there's always 経済の日本語 (けいざいのにほんご), but that might be too difficult for your level? ><

lennersmii
Crew

MatchaCosmos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:34 pm
I LOVE the essential Kanji book. I actually bought that book I love it so much lol

I have all the torrents already complete so if anyone wants to grab me on a messenger, I can send them individually or compress them into a zip file so you don't have to deal with the torrenting.

BTW I've been searching like crazy for Kanji Look and Learn (the text book and the work book) it's supposed to be a companion book for the genki series but I can't find it for a torrent anywhere. Has anyone else found it?

if anyone wants to message me, my contact info is here::
aim: cryd confidently
yim: cryd.confidently@ymail.com <- make sure you put ymail and not yahoo
msn: always.cryd.confidently@hotmail.com
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:48 pm
Obliviously Obvious
I LOVE the essential Kanji book. I actually bought that book I love it so much lol

I have all the torrents already complete so if anyone wants to grab me on a messenger, I can send them individually or compress them into a zip file so you don't have to deal with the torrenting.

BTW I've been searching like crazy for Kanji Look and Learn (the text book and the work book) it's supposed to be a companion book for the genki series but I can't find it for a torrent anywhere. Has anyone else found it?

torrents for which book btw?  

Daeuil

5,100 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Hermonie Urameshi

Conservative Explorer

6,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:44 am
@linnersmii: I could try that, but our printer doesn't like to co-operate often. xp It'll bring two sheets up, sometimes off set and then print on both of them. It's really annoying. I don't care what paper I learn from. The financial was just the only one they had at Border's.

@Obliviously Obvious: I can't learn in roumaji, that's why I don't like it. I gave it to my dad who needed roumaji. Things just don't stick or click in my head when they're in roumaji unless it's words I learned before I started using kana all the time.

I hardly use msn or skype, but in case I ever go back to them:
msn: urameshiherumouni@hotmail.co.jp
yahoo: hermonieurameshi (I think. I hardly use it either.)
facebook: Jerica Michael Danielle Thompson or سايرة مخترى

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:47 am
If anyone wants to practice or anything tonight, i'll be home around 8pm EST. PM me.  

Nosada_Kage

6,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100

MatchaCosmos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:12 pm
fizz19
Obliviously Obvious

torrents for which book btw?

everything for the genki stuff I have. I'm trying to find "kanji look and learn"  
Japanese language

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff