Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Elven Language? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gamma Akutabi1228

5,800 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:45 pm
Argue with me all you want, prove me wrong, say I am rubbing people the wrong way, whatever, know that all I meant was to state my opinion and educated theories. Sorry to make it seem like I wanted to fight, trust me, it won't happen again.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:10 pm
Sorry if I came out wrong to you, in no way was my opinion meant as an argument. Sorry I am willing to call out people, and sorry that you misunderstand.
If you wish to continue a civil discussion without any misunderstandings, PM me, I do not wish to be apart of this guild any longer, especially if it allows such nonsense.

People who do not allow others to express their beliefs are not Pagan or Wiccan, they are assholes who think they know everything biggrin

Wishing you well, Blessed Be.  

Gamma Akutabi1228

5,800 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:26 pm
Gamma Akutabi1228
People who do not allow others to express their beliefs are not Pagan or Wiccan, they are assholes who think they know everything biggrin
Says the kettle to the pot...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:53 pm
Gamma Akutabi1228

Okay, i realise you left, person (and I'm glad you left, because it seems like you'd rather believe nonsense for the sake of it than dare to think critically about anything) but I feel the need to defend myself, since you accused me personally.

First off? I was not "speaking ill of the dead". Acknowledging that someone may have been a bit of a liar is common sense more than anything. I mean I'm not saying he raped babies or that I'm glad he's dead, alright? The weight of evidence says he was a bit of a fibber. Should I wipe all actions that were slightly negative from my mind when considering the dead? Are the dead some magical golden shiny people who never did any wrong? No. The dead were people. We do them better credit by being honest about who they were than by sugar-coating them and shoving them onto ridiculous pedestals. I did not know this person, but from the information presented to me, it seemed clear that he was lying about this particular issue.

Secondly? I have no problem actually speaking ill of the dead. The actions and reputations of dead men live after them, as Odinn has told us, and if someone was an utter dickrag in life I am not going to kowtow to their memory just because they are dead. St. Olaf was a horrible ruthless murderer of children and I hope his rest is uneasy. Stalin was a jerk of the highest order.

And frankly, you accused all the Christian recorders of folklore of changing s**t to suit themselves, which is no different than what I said about the above deceased. How do you reconcile your "don't say a single possible negative thing about dead people" with your accusation of lying? Do they not count because they're Christians, or something?

Thirdly, making an offhand comment is not bullying. I suspect you of being new to Gaia if that is what you think bullying is. Disagreeing with someone is not bullying either, and I hope you don't think it's bullying because if you do, you must acknowledge yourself of being a terrible bully within this thread. No, "he was full of s**t" is not an attack. It was a pretty easy-going comment. Thank you for your ridiculous judgment upon me. Had you bothered getting to know me a little, you would have realised it's simply the way I talk. But on the other hand, I did get to know you quite a bit from your disgraceful actions in this thread and I am pleased you did not bother.

I mean criminy. You seem to live in this magical internets where everyone is lovely all the time and a single swear word or slightly negative comment is CYBER BULLYING omg. No, honey. 'Fraid not. We're grown ups here, and we're allowed to use bad words to season our speech. We're also adult enough to deal with it when someone calls us on an idea or opinion we can't support.

You DID criticise me. And you know what? You're ALLOWED to criticize me. I can accept criticism. We can discuss it. What you're not allowed to do is criticise me and then claim that's not what you're doing. You're allowed to argue with people..... but not allowed to argue with people and then desperately claim not to be arguing. And you're not allowed to make a statement, and then when someone asks you to prove it, say it was an opinion and therefore somehow immune to criticism. Opinions can be criticised. I will criticise someone's opinion that gay people are inherently bad. I will criticise someone's opinion that all Pagans are essentially worshipping the same god only they don't know it.

I never said fairies were evil. I said they were nasty, and they are. Like cats. Cats aren't evil, they just happen to like playing with mice for an hour or so before they kill them. (See, in this scenario, we're the mice. Decide for yourself whether hanging out with cats is a good idea.) Think of fairies like anthropologists discovering some new race. Nasty anthropologists who think vivisection is okay so long as it is advancing Science. I mean, names like "little people" exist because no one dared to say "fairy".

Learn from others, do not be gullible but learn and listen. Don't freak out and run off because someone calls you on your hypocritical attitude.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

ncsweet
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:11 pm
Gamma Akutabi1228

As a mother and a responsible Pagan, I feel (and I know several others who feel similarly) that I am obligated to speak up when I see something that might not be quite right.

There is a ton (and I mean a TON) of misinformation floating around about Pagan topics. There are also a lot of really lost and gullible people, who will buy into anything and everything, and plenty of people who have no ethics or morals that will sell it to them without even blinking twice.

If I see someone getting ready to walk off a cliff, because they believe that there is a path there that can hold them up - I'm going to try to stop them. Sure they are entitled to their own beliefs and opinions, but if those beliefs are dangerous or outright wrong, then (no matter how difficult it is to hear), they should be happy that someone cares enough to try to help point them in the right direction.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:18 pm
I wanted to point out some stuff that wasn't exactly mentioned in any of the other posts.

Gamma Akutabi1228
and i loose all respect for people if they speak ill of the dead, forgive me if that is not a tolerable quality of mine.
Some dead people did bad stuff- so while I think talking about their minor flaws may be in bad taste- I also think that pretending bad people weren't bad just because they're dead opens people up to making the same mistakes the dead people made.

No one I know ever pretends the Ghede are all sweet and lovely as pie.

Quote:
And how is "He's full of s**t, he was never an elf" not cyber bullying?
Cyber bullying is what happens when there's a group attack on someone- it's like a pack of wolves. I've seen it- even been in the wrong end of it. Saying someone is full of s**t isn't cyber bullying- it's just stating the truth as much as someone pretending to be me and posting non-sense would be called out.

Quote:
Is this not disrespectful of the dead?
Not if it's true.

Gamma Akutabi1228
Sorry if I came out wrong to you, in no way was my opinion meant as an argument. Sorry I am willing to call out people, and sorry that you misunderstand.

I think apologies like this ring false because there's no personal responsibility in it- if someone's sorry, they should be truly sorry for what they did, not sorry for how other people react. It just seems smarmy.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

TheRawrWord

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:09 am
Sanguina Cruenta
He's full of s**t, he was never an elf, they were never elves, and if they WERE elves I'd caution staying the hell away from them because elves are cats to our mice, i.e., they'd hurt us just to see what would happen.

NASTY ENTITIES.

My money's on him ripping off the script from Tolkien or taking it from phoenician or something. We'd need to see an example to be more clear.

Hey now that's not nice. Just because she believes something different from you doesn't make it wrong. That's what Wiccan is all about, everyone believe something different about it. You take from it as you choose
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:36 am
TheRawrWord
Hey now that's not nice. Just because she believes something different from you doesn't make it wrong. That's what Wiccan is all about, everyone believe something different about it. You take from it as you choose

That's not what Wicca is all about, and you definitely don't get to pick and choose. If you haven't done so already, you may want to take a look at the Use of the Word Wicca thread.  

ncsweet
Crew

TheRawrWord

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:14 pm
ncsweet
TheRawrWord

That's not what Wicca is all about, and you definitely don't get to pick and choose. If you haven't done so already, you may want to take a look at the Use of the Word Wicca thread.

Then why do these two right here have their own opinions on Elves. One believe they are friendly, the other believe they will eat you. And then why are there so many different kinds of Wicca? I met with a women who has been Wiccan for years and told me the first thing about Wicca is there is not a I have to or I should. To throw out that thinking. Plus what about those who believe the Moon Goddess is real and those who see her as a symbol yet they get along 100 percent. Also why do so many Wiccans praise different Gods and/or Goddess

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:16 pm
TheRawrWord
ncsweet
TheRawrWord

Then why do these two right here have their own opinions on Elves. One believe they are friendly, the other believe they will eat you. And then why are there so many different kinds of Wicca? I met with a women who has been Wiccan for years and told me the first thing about Wicca is there is not a I have to or I should. To throw out that thinking. Plus what about those who believe the Moon Goddess is real and those who see her as a symbol yet they get along 100 percent. Also why do so many Wiccans praise different Gods and/or Goddess

Please read the sticky. It should answer your questions regarding Wicca. If you have more, feel free to ask them in that thread.

Elves are not related to Wicca.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

TheRawrWord

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:29 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
TheRawrWord
ncsweet
TheRawrWord

Please read the sticky. It should answer your questions regarding Wicca. If you have more, feel free to ask them in that thread.

Then what about Faery Wicca? Elves are said to be Fae and Faery Wicca is Wiccan so in a way yes they are.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:32 pm
TheRawrWord

Then what about Faery Wicca? Elves are said to be Fae and Faery Wicca is Wiccan so in a way yes they are.

Faery Wicca isn't actually a Wiccan Tradition- they mistakenly (or intentionally) used the title for a different religion. If it was an honest accident- it should probably be changed, but more often authors will call their non-Wiccan religions Wicca because it's easier to get your money when they pretend to sell you Wicca.

Real Wiccans don't charge money for the Religion- it's against their oaths.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:43 pm
TheRawrWord
Sanguina Cruenta
TheRawrWord
ncsweet
TheRawrWord

Please read the sticky. There is no "Faery Wicca".

The fae and elves are culturally distinct.  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:50 pm
Esiris
TheRawrWord

Faery Wicca isn't actually a Wiccan Tradition- they mistakenly (or intentionally) used the title for a different religion. If it was an honest accident- it should probably be changed, but more often authors will call their non-Wiccan religions Wicca because it's easier to get your money when they pretend to sell you Wicca.

Real Wiccans don't charge money for the Religion- it's against their oaths.

It's a part of Wicca, and they don't ask for money. I'm sorry if I upset anyone but with you guys attacking me like that is hard. I joined this guild because I felt like I could share my opinions and learn others. I didn't mean to be rude but I get like that under attack. I just figured I would be respected but I guess I was wrong. Sorry my opinions are different.

TheRawrWord

TheRawrWord

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:53 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
TheRawrWord
Sanguina Cruenta
TheRawrWord
ncsweet
TheRawrWord

Please read the sticky. There is no "Faery Wicca".

The fae and elves are culturally distinct.

I'm sorry if I upset anyone but with you guys attacking me like that is hard. I joined this guild because I felt like I could share my opinions and learn others. I didn't mean to be rude but I get like that under attack. I just figured I would be respected but I guess I was wrong. Sorry my opinions are different.

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games