Submit

Zion International

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:17 pm
Private Sanders
Fresnel
Private Sanders
uryu ishida
Sometimes I think I picked the wrong branch after I see the cool s**t that the AF and Navy get, even the support personnel.
Navy cooks are trained at the second best school in the country, and airlifting in of provisions and modern preservation techniques means the food is actually pretty good at sea now.

Also, sailors now get very nice blue digital camouflage uniforms. That way when we fall overboard nobody will be able to see us biggrin .
Since when did the Navy start wearing cammies? Last I heard, everything was still poopie suits, same as it's been since ships were steel.

On the upside, I also hear poopie suits are the single most comfortable uniform in the entirety of the US armed forces.
The Navy has had cammie duty uniforms for a year or two now. They even come with an eight pointed cap like the Marines wear.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Here it is.
...Our military can't be this ******** stupid...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:23 pm
Pripyat Dawn
Fresnel
Private Sanders
Fresnel
Private Sanders
uryu ishida
Sometimes I think I picked the wrong branch after I see the cool s**t that the AF and Navy get, even the support personnel.
Navy cooks are trained at the second best school in the country, and airlifting in of provisions and modern preservation techniques means the food is actually pretty good at sea now.

Also, sailors now get very nice blue digital camouflage uniforms. That way when we fall overboard nobody will be able to see us biggrin .
Since when did the Navy start wearing cammies? Last I heard, everything was still poopie suits, same as it's been since ships were steel.

On the upside, I also hear poopie suits are the single most comfortable uniform in the entirety of the US armed forces.
The Navy has had cammie duty uniforms for a year or two now. They even come with an eight pointed cap like the Marines wear.

Here it is.
Because you never know when an Iraqi insurgent is going to shoot at you in the middle of the ******** Pacific ocean. Jesus christ that's pointless, at least poopie suits were cheap. I can understand maybe going to a solid navy uniform, but CAMO?
And they wear ACUs or MARPAT in country. Basically so they can feel like real soldiers.

That will be a million ******** times worse if the Navy gets MARPAT.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Whence it Flows

Dangerous Elder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:08 pm
Fresnel
Pripyat Dawn
Fresnel
Private Sanders
Fresnel

Here it is.
Because you never know when an Iraqi insurgent is going to shoot at you in the middle of the ******** Pacific ocean. Jesus christ that's pointless, at least poopie suits were cheap. I can understand maybe going to a solid navy uniform, but CAMO?
And they wear ACUs or MARPAT in country. Basically so they can feel like real soldiers.

They wear MARPAT in country. I mean, it's pretty standard for corpsmen, but... Actually, it's more common to see them in ACUs, although it could have been because I was in an Army-dominated AO.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:36 pm
Fresnel
Pripyat Dawn
Fresnel
Private Sanders
Fresnel

Here it is.

Terminal Lance is awesome.  

Private Sanders

Whence it Flows

Dangerous Elder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:54 am
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:41 am
Pripyat Dawn
User Image
User Image

Reminds me of the time I was wearing desert digicam pants at night with a new moon, looked down, and damn near s**t myself when I failed to see my own legs. xd

Also, inb4 camo couch.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:17 am
I would be scared as ******** to work on a ship while wearing the navy digital waterflage pattern.

if you fell overboard NOBODY is going to notice you  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:24 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
I would be scared as ******** to work on a ship while wearing the navy digital waterflage pattern.

I think that's the point.  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:15 am
Orkronos
Recon_Ninja_985

well if it is, that's kind of retarded. because it seems now it's going to be a s**t ton harder locating a man overboard who needs help.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:39 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Orkronos
Recon_Ninja_985

well if it is, that's kind of retarded. because it seems now it's going to be a s**t ton harder locating a man overboard who needs help.
The solution is glow-belts.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:55 am
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Orkronos
Recon_Ninja_985

glowbelts? what kind of ******** navy sorcery is this?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:44 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Orkronos
Recon_Ninja_985

It's pretty well universal throughout the military. All of us have Reflective Safety Belts. We call them PT belts.  

uryu ishida

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:19 am
uryu ishida
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Orkronos
Recon_Ninja_985

It's pretty well universal throughout the military. All of us have Reflective Safety Belts. We call them PT belts.
I know , I used them too when I was in.

couldnt walk around post at night without one.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:49 pm
BEHOLD THE POWER OF THE GLOW BELT!  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Son Of No Man

3,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:51 pm
Wow, you are all morons. Naval uniforms are designed to change color to orange when a Seaman falls into the water.

The camo design of the uniform is to make it so Seaman blend into the side of the ship so observers have a harder time pinpointing individuals.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff