Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
"Keep away from me!" - A Question on Banishing Spells Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:03 am
MuayThaiDruid
oOGarrettOo
MuayThaiDruid
It's not a traditional prewritten spell but if you're a high enough level you could create a spirit out of aether with the purpose of telling this person subconciously to stay away. but only if you're at that lvl cuz making a spirit can be dangerous.
And what "lvl" would that be?

I think bypassing the creation of anything is a better idea. Why focus energy on this thing that will do what you want, when you can simply focus on what you want to happen on it's own? It's a much more direct focus of energy and intent without the fuss of "Oh crap, am I doing this right?" and wasting time on essentially a prop.

Because a direct focuzs of said energy is a conbstant drain off you, if you infuse the energy with aetyher to make the spirit, its a one time drain and it'll keep itself going. sorry for caps, hit caps lock. As far as lvl I'm not sure what lvl wiccans start using spirits at is. I'll have to ask my friend, hes a high priest in wiccan

Okay, first off? There are no "lvls". Okay? Because this is not final fantasy. If you think this is a LARP or any sort of role playing game, you can mosey your butt right out of here. You haven't been accepted yet anyway.

Secondly. Your dear friend. What tradition is he an initiate of?

Third, please keep in mind that some people here have issues with dyslexia and so forth and would very much appreciate it if you took the time to weed typos out of your posts. They are prevalent, distracting and don't give you much credibility.

Fourthly, I'm not entirely sure you understand how spells work. A spell is not a constant drain of your energy, and does not require a constant drain of your energy to work on a continual basis. If that has been your experience, dude, you did it wrong.

Thank you.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:04 am
MuayThaiDruid

Because a direct focuzs of said energy is a conbstant drain off you, if you infuse the energy with aetyher to make the spirit, its a one time drain and it'll keep itself going. sorry for caps, hit caps lock. As far as lvl I'm not sure what lvl wiccans start using spirits at is. I'll have to ask my friend, hes a high priest in wiccan
No, not necessarily. If one casts a spell, then the spell is cast. End of story. I'm of a firm opinion that when casting, focusing energy directly onto the end result will lead to the end result, much more effectively than focusing energy to create this thing, and then giving this thing a purpose. Focus on the purpose and cast the spell.

And could you please answer my question on what levels you're speaking of?  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

Draconian_Nightmare

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:07 am
Sanguina Cruenta
MuayThaiDruid
oOGarrettOo
MuayThaiDruid
It's not a traditional prewritten spell but if you're a high enough level you could create a spirit out of aether with the purpose of telling this person subconciously to stay away. but only if you're at that lvl cuz making a spirit can be dangerous.
And what "lvl" would that be?

I think bypassing the creation of anything is a better idea. Why focus energy on this thing that will do what you want, when you can simply focus on what you want to happen on it's own? It's a much more direct focus of energy and intent without the fuss of "Oh crap, am I doing this right?" and wasting time on essentially a prop.

Okay, first off? There are no "lvls". Okay? Because this is not final fantasy. If you think this is a LARP or any sort of role playing game, you can mosey your butt right out of here. You haven't been accepted yet anyway.

Secondly. Your dear friend. What tradition is he an initiate of?

Third, please keep in mind that some people here have issues with dyslexia and so forth and would very much appreciate it if you took the time to weed typos out of your posts. They are prevalent, distracting and don't give you much credibility.

Fourthly, I'm not entirely sure you understand how spells work. A spell is not a constant drain of your energy, and does not require a constant drain of your energy to work on a continual basis. If that has been your experience, dude, you did it wrong.

Thank you.

1 there are lvls and ranking s in magical society, 2, a spell that is canstant has a constant drain otherwise the change can be reversed if you dont use aether. oif its a 1 shot thing the change will not last. 3when i say lvls an example is take neo druidry. lvl is an apprentice. ll 2 i a bard. lvl 3 is a priest. next take pythagorean druidry. apprentice, decsciple., bard, priest, arch priest. 5 lvls right there. and as fo my skill in magic, I have it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:13 am
Also forgot to mention, pythagorean druidry has a very power non elegant terminolagy . Meaning it uses terms like gods eye instead of third eye, or, lvls instead of other terms. If your having an issue with te words I use, bear in mind its in the way i use magic.  

Draconian_Nightmare

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:20 am
MuayThaiDruid
1 there are lvls and ranking s in magical society,

No, there really aren't. There are levels of initiation within magical orders and particular religions. In "magical society", at large? No. Your 18th degree in whatever doesn't make you more experienced than a witch with no initiations whatever.

And no one calls them "lvls", because this is not a role playing game. Kthx.

Quote:
2, a spell that is canstant has a constant drain otherwise the change can be reversed if you dont use aether.

Again. NOT A ROLE PLAYING GAME. Spells don't channel over time, you don't need to replace your with a handy potion (or, ha, ether). I don't know what you've been reading. What do you think a spell is? How do you think a spell is cast? Your understanding seems exceedingly poor, or very very limited to one very particular form of spell.

Quote:
oif its a 1 shot thing the change will not last.

What makes you say this? Why would it stop working?

Quote:
3when i say lvls an example is take neo druidry. lvl is an apprentice. ll 2 i a bard. lvl 3 is a priest. next take pythagorean druidry. apprentice, decsciple., bard, priest, arch priest. 5 lvls right there.

There is no neo-druidry. There were druids, and they are all gone. There are a few groups that like to misuse the word "druid", but we're not fans of that sort of misappropriation here. Kindly stop it.

Quote:
and as fo my skill in magic, I have it.

Oh so? Your understanding of spellwork seems very poor. You may have skill, but if you have no understanding you're not going to get very far.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:22 am
Wiccan and wicca spellwork may be fundementally different from pythagorean druid spell work. and my understanding of how spells work and are made in my own religion is very adept. If you want to keep insulting me go ahead, I really could care less, because as far as i can tell your understanding of magic is the side thats lacking. But then that could just be because we use 2 different forms of magic.  

Draconian_Nightmare

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:23 am
MuayThaiDruid
Also forgot to mention, pythagorean druidry has a very power non elegant terminolagy . Meaning it uses terms like gods eye instead of third eye, or, lvls instead of other terms. If your having an issue with te words I use, bear in mind its in the way i use magic.

Who made up this "pythagorean druidry"?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:23 am
I cannot understand half of what you're saying, not because of your terminology, but because you don't appear to be speaking an accepted version of English.

No, there are no levels to magic. If there are, then please, make an effort to go around to these long lived family traditions and explain to them that they've been doing it wrong longer than you've even been thought of, or your parent's parents for that matter. What you've expressed is not a leveling system for magic, it is a leveling system for whatever this preposterous faith is, not magic. General witchcraft =/= to whatever it is you practice. They are not one in the same. You utilize magic. You do not dictate it.

A spell cast is a spell cast. It does not take consistently from your energy, it does not require maintenance. It's a spell. Once it's there, it's there, unless the caster removes it, or another witch takes action against it.

As a witch, I have not worked with this aether you insist is so important, and I have had very successful spells that do not require maintenance and have not drawn consistently from my energy. Care to de-generalize your statement, please?

If you cast a spell and it stops working when you don't want it to, then you did it wrong.  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

Draconian_Nightmare

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:24 am
druids are not gon btw, , think what you want. druids very much exist and have existed for ages, and will continue to exist as we have for the past several thousand years.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:25 am
MuayThaiDruid
Wiccan and wicca spellwork may be fundementally different from pythagorean druid spell work. and my understanding of how spells work and are made in my own religion is very adept. If you want to keep insulting me go ahead, I really could care less, because as far as i can tell your understanding of magic is the side thats lacking. But then that could just be because we use 2 different forms of magic.

I am not a Wiccan. talk2hand

Please stop using the word "druid" in this manner. As stated, misappropration is not tolerated in this guild.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:28 am
MuayThaiDruid
We're not discussing Wicca spellwork since none of us here are Wiccan. I am expressing ideas from a traditional family point of view that goes back an indiscernible amount of generations. If you wish to insist that my ancestors have been doing it wrong since, well, forever, then please, off with you to Italy and resurrect them to inform them of their mistakes.

You are making a blanket statement about all forms of magic. This is something that no blanket statement can be made of.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:28 am
MuayThaiDruid
druids are not gon btw, , think what you want. druids very much exist and have existed for ages, and will continue to exist as we have for the past several thousand years.

[citation needed]

There are a great many historians who would give their right arms for the knowledge you claim to possess about the druids and their continued existence long after they were thought to have been killed off. Please, go and tell those historians! Why are you keeping this historical and archaeological evidence to yourself, when SO MANY people would be so desperate to see and examine it? When so many people would want to know about their ancestors and how they lived?

And how can you be a druid when the role of these people in Celtic societies has been usurped?  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Draconian_Nightmare

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:30 am
I did not mean to say that. I was just trying to say that I do it differently, does that make it wrong in any less of a way?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:31 am
MuayThaiDruid
I did not mean to say that. I was just trying to say that I do it differently, does that make it wrong in any less of a way?
Only when you make blanket statements in regards to the craft of others.  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas