Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Quran Burning Incident Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:00 am
Aakosir

No actually. There is a lot of... misunderstanding about the true meaning of what they wrote. There are many college papers that analyze the meanings. But either way, if you publish a book, what you have written will be protected.

I'm not a Constitutional Law student- but there are limitations to what's published. You can publish all kinds of horrible things- but there are limits.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:20 am
Esiris
Aakosir

No actually. There is a lot of... misunderstanding about the true meaning of what they wrote. There are many college papers that analyze the meanings. But either way, if you publish a book, what you have written will be protected.

I'm not a Constitutional Law student- but there are limitations to what's published. You can publish all kinds of horrible things- but there are limits.

Slander, libel and defamation. But who is going to check over the hundreds of millions of books to make sure they don't say something bad about someone? Plus, even if they did find something, they would have a very hard time making a case about it.  

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:23 am
Aakosir

Slander, libel and defamation. But who is going to check over the hundreds of millions of books to make sure they don't say something bad about someone? Plus, even if they did find something, they would have a very hard time making a case about it.

I think there's more to it than that too- like inciting dangerous behavior- it makes me wonder why some of the authors aren't taken to court- especially for inciting incest as part of a religious practice. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:23 pm
Esiris
Aakosir

I think there's more to it than that too- like inciting dangerous behavior- it makes me wonder why some of the authors aren't taken to court- especially for inciting incest as part of a religious practice. sweatdrop

I don't think inciting is the correct word there since it's a synonym for promoting. It's more like they are claiming incest is a requirement for the religion. That's what I got from that post. But if people knew the only "requirement" is the people who practice the religion must be 18 or over.  

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:55 pm
Aakosir
Esiris
Aakosir

I don't think inciting is the correct word there since it's a synonym for promoting. It's more like they are claiming incest is a requirement for the religion. That's what I got from that post. But if people knew the only "requirement" is the people who practice the religion must be 18 or over.
Inciting and promoting are the right words- they're teaching that mothers and fathers should help their kids have sex- or at least, that's what I got from the articles on it along with the posts that mentioned it here on Gaia.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:11 am
Esiris
Aakosir
Esiris
Aakosir

Inciting and promoting are the right words- they're teaching that mothers and fathers should help their kids have sex- or at least, that's what I got from the articles on it along with the posts that mentioned it here on Gaia.

Incest isn't "helping" their kids have sex... Incest is having sex with their kids... Helping someone have sex would be to set them up with someone. I'd have to see the articles though.  

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:03 pm
Aakosir
Incest isn't "helping" their kids have sex... Incest is having sex with their kids... Helping someone have sex would be to set them up with someone. I'd have to see the articles though.

Sorry- but in my state using a sexual device on your kid is incest.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:00 pm
They burned holy books?! Oh my gosh I didn't hear about that, I'm going to look it up and watch the link.  

FluffyPinkChaos

Seasonal Saint

31,200 Points
  • Amateur Snowfriend Architect 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:30 pm
Esiris
Aakosir

Other states think otherwise. I would consider that molestation. Dictionary.com agree that incest is directly having sex with close relatives.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:49 pm
Aakosir

Other states think otherwise. I would consider that molestation. Dictionary.com agree that incest is directly having sex with close relatives.

I'm more inclined to take State statutes over Dictionary.com's understanding. The thing that sets incest apart as a sexual crime is the dynamic families have and how that changes the relationships.

In every state I've lived in- the laws say either "deviate sexual intercourse" or sexual contact- both of which can include the use of foreign objects.

The fact remains that sexual assault on a child is horrible- and encouraging it to happen shouldn't be protected by Freedom of Speech or Freedom of the Press just because some abusive jerks want to hurt kids.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:56 pm
Aakosir
Esiris
Aakosir

Penetration of any kind with someone underage is rape. I think the incest thing essentially takes a back-seat to the rape thing, really.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:37 am
Sanguina Cruenta
Aakosir
Esiris
Aakosir

Penetration of any kind with someone underage is rape. I think the incest thing essentially takes a back-seat to the rape thing, really.

I've always been under the impression that incest is sex between relatives, either consentual or non. *shrugs* I don't see how here could be so many different definitions for one thing.  

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games