Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:37 am
Man of the Demoneye
And as long as we're talking knockoffs and such, there are some Jap made Browning A-5s around. I will personally vouch for reliability.

Shame they made such good swords...and such bad guns.
all guns from their imperial era pretty much sucked balls. it wasnt until the 60's until they actually started to make some decent guns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqAJjXW8WxU&feature=related

howa bolt guns seem good at picking s**t off  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:07 pm
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis
I have a question- has there EVER been a Japanese-made gun that wasn't a total pile of s**t?
I think they make a pretty good G36 knockoff right now. Or maybe it's just the G36, I can't remember. Other than that, they're all s**t, knockoffs, or both. 7.7mm Arisaka is rimless .303 British. Literally no other difference.

My friend has an Arisaka. Does that mean he can get .303 bullets and reload his 7.7 cases with them?  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:30 pm
Lt Buckner
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis
I have a question- has there EVER been a Japanese-made gun that wasn't a total pile of s**t?
I think they make a pretty good G36 knockoff right now. Or maybe it's just the G36, I can't remember. Other than that, they're all s**t, knockoffs, or both. 7.7mm Arisaka is rimless .303 British. Literally no other difference.

My friend has an Arisaka. Does that mean he can get .303 bullets and reload his 7.7 cases with them?
Yep, though it's a bit difficult to find .311" bullets.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:17 pm
Fresnel
Lt Buckner
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis

Easier than finding 7.7mm?  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:47 pm
Lt Buckner
Fresnel
Lt Buckner
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis

Easier than finding 7.7mm?
Same size, so it's exactly as hard. Not as easy as finding, say, 7.62, .224, or 9mm.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:52 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Man of the Demoneye
And as long as we're talking knockoffs and such, there are some Jap made Browning A-5s around. I will personally vouch for reliability.

all guns from their imperial era pretty much sucked balls. it wasnt until the 60's until they actually started to make some decent guns.

The Mauser 98, the Walther P38, the Colt 1911, and the AK47 disagree. A lot of good guns were made prior to 1960.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:04 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Recon_Ninja_985
Man of the Demoneye

The Mauser 98, the Walther P38, the Colt 1911, and the AK47 disagree. A lot of good guns were made prior to 1960.
wait, what are you talking about?

the conversation is about guns FROM JAPAN  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:45 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Das Rabble Rouser
Recon_Ninja_985
Man of the Demoneye

Oh right. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:42 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Recon_Ninja_985
Das Rabble Rouser
Recon_Ninja_985
Man of the Demoneye

aha....you are spy here. no?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:49 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Das Rabble Rouser
Recon_Ninja_985
Das Rabble Rouser
Recon_Ninja_985
Man of the Demoneye

aha....you are spy here. no?
POLONIUS.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items