• Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:31 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
who said that?

just because it uses similar technology does not make anything a revamp.
It's not necessarily for the better either I mean it's not like the tweaking Tanfoglio did with the CZ75 turning a 9mm into a multicaliber platform which was actually a tweak for the better.

H&K just keeps recycling its designs offering hardly anything new except a model number.
And speaking of Tanfoglio and CZ, you mentioned that H&K uses a non-tilt barrel perfect for suppression, but guess what other famous design does that...? xd
CZ, and beretta, 1911, lots of guns. really. but it seems an overwhelming majority of modern pistols produced today are going to floating tilt barrels

fixed barrels are good for suppression because they offer max reliability in cycling and dont require a special recoil booster.
The difference is that the vast majority of guns today aren't suppressed, and when unsuppressed, tilt-barrels are more reliable.
I guess. but then again cz 75 is pretty damned reliable  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:29 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Valkyrie Hatter
Recon_Ninja_985
who said that?

just because it uses similar technology does not make anything a revamp.
It's not necessarily for the better either I mean it's not like the tweaking Tanfoglio did with the CZ75 turning a 9mm into a multicaliber platform which was actually a tweak for the better.

H&K just keeps recycling its designs offering hardly anything new except a model number.
And speaking of Tanfoglio and CZ, you mentioned that H&K uses a non-tilt barrel perfect for suppression, but guess what other famous design does that...? xd
CZ, and beretta, 1911, lots of guns. really. but it seems an overwhelming majority of modern pistols produced today are going to floating tilt barrels

fixed barrels are good for suppression because they offer max reliability in cycling and dont require a special recoil booster.
The difference is that the vast majority of guns today aren't suppressed, and when unsuppressed, tilt-barrels are more reliable.
I guess. but then again cz 75 is pretty damned reliable
I think maybe a tilt-barrel design allows a larger margin of error and less precision in manufacturing, thus driving the price down. Apparently the CZ has a slightly tilting barrel, which pops down just a bit to unlock the slide, but it's no Glock.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out