Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:06 am
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
I don't know where I can order a new mag plus money is pretty tight right now.

Picture
There's a small knob on the white plastic piece of the bottom mag. That fell out of the top mag sometime when it was in the luger then after I fired the last shot the plastic piece shot out of the mag and into the chamber.
What's the make and model on the Luger, again?
It's A.F. Stoeger.
Yeah, the place I usually go to sells the part you need for $7 and change, but they're out of stock. If it's anything like my Winchester, it'll be like that for a couple years.
I'm considering taking the part from the bad mag since that one jams almost every shot anyway.
A perfectly legitimate solution. I'm actually wondering if you could make the broken mag work, except it'd just shoot the follower out the top of the gun like an en-bloc clip. xd
That's kinda what happened before when it broke but it got stuck in the chamber rather than shooting out the top.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:47 pm
you got a lot of options here.

one might be to punch out the roll pin at the bottom of the mag without the follower and remove the floorplate/spring. then do the same with the jammy mag that has the good follower attached to the spring and just put it in the other mag. (if you dont feel like a full fixing is possible)

orr, you could try fixing your jammy mag but it might be either a spring issue or it's the mag lips. safest way to go is to just put it into the other one instead of trying to fix the lips. and stretch out the spring a bit for good measure.

the broken follower can be salvageable if you use superglue to cement a makeshift knob into it maybe. once dry, put it into through the bottom and see how it works.

if I can get my hands on both of them I could get them running again for you..  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:28 pm
So apparently the mag can hold 12 rounds, but it pushes the floor plate low enough that the pin can fall out without too much trouble. I pressed the floor plate down on the bad mag and removed the pin with a pair of pliers. I barely felt any resistance at all as it slid out. Anyway I put it in the good mag and it's as good as new now.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:43 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
So apparently the mag can hold 12 rounds
User Image

I've never before heard of a conventional .22 pistol that holds more than ten rounds. Kudos.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:14 pm
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
So apparently the mag can hold 12 rounds
User Image

I've never before heard of a conventional .22 pistol that holds more than ten rounds. Kudos.
Well it holds 11 rounds without risking losing the pin. Not that big a deal.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:34 am
On another note related to the thread title, my girlfriend left me a voicemail the day before yesterday (Wednesday, for those of you whose time zones might ******** that up), and when I called my mail box to check it, it said I had TWO voicemails. Okay, cool, whatever, the other one is probably my dad or something.

No such luck. The first one was a call from April sixth - a callback from a major local gun store about a job application I'd put in, sent three days before their grand opening, which I attended, ironically. I called the dude back as soon as I got it, but haven't gotten a reply yet. So I'm pretty much gonna have to suck as much a** as physically possible to beg another shot at the next round of hirings. Luckily, they're not fully open yet; they've opened a temporary shop in a strip mall to service the area while they build a ******** gigantic store and indoor range. This is a company where, on slow nights, an unneeded clerk is allowed to buy a case of ammo and take one of the machine guns for a spin. Hell, I was in their parent store once when a clerk volunteered to let another clerk shoot him in the chest with a SIG to try out body armor.

Needless to say, I'm <******** pissed at my phone and voicemail right now for not telling me I'd missed a call and I had a message waiting, respectively.

User Image  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items