Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Working with Dragons? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:02 am
doistu
Sanguina Cruenta
I would be cautious, and very polite. I bowed, for what it's worth. Whether he interpreted that as a gesture of whatever I do not know. As they are "other", I personally would go in with what I know - lots of 'your grace' and 'I am most honoured' and so forth.

And I wouldn't interrupt them. I mean you are small and boring, and probably irritating*. Maybe try to imagine yourself as a very big thing with a short temper, and run mental simulations, or something.

*From their perspective, not mine. wink

rofl That's an awesome idea hehe. I agree, a lot of guestures to show how honoured I am. Gifts too? Offerings?
Thanks!

I don't know. I can't really think of anything a dragon would want.

Tradition suggests hoard, like gold or jewels. Or a virgin tied to a rock.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:40 am
Sanguina Cruenta

Hmm...virgin tied to a rock may pose some difficulty but I could try to rustle up some gold. Maybe Dragon's Blood incense?  

doistu

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:54 am
doistu
Sanguina Cruenta

Hmm...virgin tied to a rock may pose some difficulty but I could try to rustle up some gold. Maybe Dragon's Blood incense?

While that may be a good offering, it strikes me as sort of odd. Like, as an offering, you're burning the dried blood of its kin. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:28 am
What about eastern dragons? I admit, I haven't done a lot of in depth research, but from what I understand, at least to the Chinese, dragons were considered lucky and auspicious.  

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

doistu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:34 am
Sanguina Cruenta
While that may be a good offering, it strikes me as sort of odd. Like, as an offering, you're burning the dried blood of its kin. xd

Aah it's only a name hehe! And I was reading about and someone likened it's affects to that of catnip on cats!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:35 am
kyndryana3
What about eastern dragons? I admit, I haven't done a lot of in depth research, but from what I understand, at least to the Chinese, dragons were considered lucky and auspicious.

I'd be happy to meet any kind of dragon in all honesty. I think, though they can be lucky, they are no more pleasant than any other dragon. They still require great respect I would have thought smile  

doistu

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:38 am
kyndryana3

Yeah, but question is, are they "dragons"? Or is that us being eurocentric?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:44 am
doistu
Sanguina Cruenta

Aah it's only a name hehe! And I was reading about and someone likened it's affects to that of catnip on cats!

neutral They get horny and/or high? Is that something you actually want to happen? That sounds like the worst idea ever. Like, not only are they non compos mentis, but they know that you're intentionally drugging them.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

doistu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:57 am
Sanguina Cruenta
neutral They get horny and/or high? Is that something you actually want to happen? That sounds like the worst idea ever. Like, not only are they non compos mentis, but they know that you're intentionally drugging them.

Apparently, they only get horny/high if they eat it, but they enjoy the smell. That's more what I was going for. I certainly wouldn't want a high dragon knocking about hehe  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:00 pm
I work with Dragons. My first contact was when I sat down in a trance/meditative state and asked if there were any "dragons" that wanted or would be willing to get to know me, teach me, and be an ally. There was an answer like "soon, we are still not sure" or that they were still checking me out. They did appear, but at a distance.

My next journey I did a visit to the Dragonic realm and was granted entry (my gift was an offering of Dragon's blood incence) and shown some of the Elemental Dragons and was "attacked" as a test by a Dragon. I showed my fear but also my courage by facing it.

Since then I have called and asked them if they are willing always with dragons blood or fire water as an offering (Fire water is a Maine made Cinamon Schnaps). They dont always come, but I respect that. I may get a message later from them.

I have been visited at night while in a car ride by a Dragon I saw based from the moon. She swooped down and took a look at me with curious eyes and then flew back. I saw it and was like wtf?

I broke an oath I swore to them once. It ended up being for the better good as I would have ended up working magic for a person who would never have asked for or wanted such an act. It was a spell to help healing when he was in the hospital with severe heart problems. I said if I didn't do the work I would stop working with Dragons until such a time as I feel they were welcoming me back, or been interested in me. That lasted about two years.

I have since felt the acceptance of the Dragons once more.  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

Anannsul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:45 am
Hmm, I really don't know what to say in this thread. I guess everyone has had their own experiences with dragons. The ones that are always with me are big and small, Western and Eastern. When I cry for help reinforcements come to help and they do protect me.

One such experience I was in my room and this one spirit thought it would be funny to mess with my light. I got angry and I told the spirit to go away i've had enough and the spirit suddenly felt threatening and burnt the light out. I quickly moved from the desk and grabbed my dragon necklace and called to them. My room got hot, and I felt nearly suffocated, but it wasn't an attack on me... it was just that's how many dragons were flooding my room, they had cornered the spirit in my room. I opened my back door and told the spirit to leave now. The spirit moved along the wall and slipped out the back door. haven't heard from the spirit since.

Also, I have given them no gifts, or jewels.. (or virgins tied to rocks.) I guess you can say I simply give them the respect they deserve. I don't assume they are going to trick me.. or eat me...(or my soul), but I don't sneer at them and assume they are weak either.

In fact, all I did was sit there one night while making moon water and go... "Hmm...." *looks at my dragon poster* and I simply invited them into my circle as if they were any other protective entity. I do not fear them, I walk among them... with them. We are around each other constantly. I even asked them to show themselves to friends if they wished... One friend was able to see a baby... the other was able to hear them.

I have also learned how to place my dragon posters as there was a specific rank to each poster. One time I made the mistake of putting one dragon poster above another. That night my room was hotter than normal and when I awoke, the dragon poster originally on top was on the floor. (and I tape the corners of my posters with push pins stupid apartment walls)

I think it just really depends on how you want to approach them. I have never felt threatened by them, but at peace with them. *shrugs* So it was relatively easy to just be like "Hello dragons.. welcome to my circle.. I'm Anannsul. ^_^ watch me make silly moon water."

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games