Dangerous Elder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:28 pm
Valkyrie Hatter
Pripyat Dawn
Valkyrie Hatter
Pripyat Dawn
Valkyrie Hatter
Pripyat Dawn
Nope, but the M249 SAW PIP kit does. The standard Minimi has a steel tube stock. The full-sized plastic one, and possibly the M4-style one do, though, not sure on the folding Para one.

I don't. It's a little steel rod with a spring behind it that the bolt slams into.
Does this 'buffer' reduce recoil?
It's the only thing that it does.
Maybe but in an AR it's the only thing that pushes the bolt back forward so I'm just being sure.

Since the tube is just an accessory on the SAW which isn't required I'm sure the same thing can be applied to a FAL.
Probably. But since it's less about making the recoil less, and more about making it feel like less, which means spreading it out over time, mostly, it's at it's most effective when you're on full automatic. The biggest thing the FAL needs is to have less mass slamming around with the bolt
I don't think you could lighten much of anything besides the barrel length and stock on a battle rifle.
And that's where you want the mass. not in the action.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:33 pm
Pripyat Dawn
Valkyrie Hatter
Pripyat Dawn
Valkyrie Hatter
Pripyat Dawn
Nope, but the M249 SAW PIP kit does. The standard Minimi has a steel tube stock. The full-sized plastic one, and possibly the M4-style one do, though, not sure on the folding Para one.

I don't. It's a little steel rod with a spring behind it that the bolt slams into.
Maybe but in an AR it's the only thing that pushes the bolt back forward so I'm just being sure.

Since the tube is just an accessory on the SAW which isn't required I'm sure the same thing can be applied to a FAL.
Probably. But since it's less about making the recoil less, and more about making it feel like less, which means spreading it out over time, mostly, it's at it's most effective when you're on full automatic. The biggest thing the FAL needs is to have less mass slamming around with the bolt
I could imagine that a buffer add on to a 249 would change the firing rate somewhat.

240's all got recoil buffers standard right?

maybe it wasnt seen as necessity on the 249 since it fires a light recoil round to begin with.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Whence it Flows

Dangerous Elder

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:12 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Pripyat Dawn
Valkyrie Hatter
Pripyat Dawn
Valkyrie Hatter
Pripyat Dawn

I could imagine that a buffer add on to a 249 would change the firing rate somewhat.

240's all got recoil buffers standard right?

maybe it wasnt seen as necessity on the 249 since it fires a light recoil round to begin with.
They put it on the 249 about the same time we switched to the 240 from the 60. And it probably does slow the rate of fire, but ony slightly.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff