Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply _The Agora_ ! Art ! Focused Discussion ! Debate ! *Under Construction*
The Fire Opal Pub - Sacred Source's Ranting Place Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elven Prince CJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:53 am
this is in response to Jametas ramblings. That is the reason I hated church and most of the goings. Not because of what was taught, but it was inpersonal and lecturish. I also would like to say that Covens are great. If you haven't been in one try. But just don't do it with bfs or gfs because if you ever did break up it gets awkward. You become more than a coven. You turn into family. Your coven becomes your support net and they basically help you when you need it. I hope you don't think of covens as the same way as mass. Just give it a try if the opportunity appears and try to start working it up. ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:23 am
Computer_Junkie
this is in response to Jametas ramblings. That is the reason I hated church and most of the goings. Not because of what was taught, but it was inpersonal and lecturish. I also would like to say that Covens are great. If you haven't been in one try. But just don't do it with bfs or gfs because if you ever did break up it gets awkward. You become more than a coven. You turn into family. Your coven becomes your support net and they basically help you when you need it. I hope you don't think of covens as the same way as mass. Just give it a try if the opportunity appears and try to start working it up. ^^
Nah, I don't see it the same way; I don't remember if I said anything about it, but I enjoy the church(es) my family goes to. As I've never actually been in a coven, I cannot compare it to the Mass experiences I've had. And I'm sure if a found the right coven, I'd be fine, but ti's hard enough for me to find friends that will tolerate my personality. sweatdrop

Ah, well- I have the damned few. heart  

Jameta
Captain

blukattt
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:26 am
Jameta
Computer_Junkie
Nah, I don't see it the same way; I don't remember if I said anything about it, but I enjoy the church(es) my family goes to. As I've never actually been in a coven, I cannot compare it to the Mass experiences I've had. And I'm sure if a found the right coven, I'd be fine, but ti's hard enough for me to find friends that will tolerate my personality. sweatdrop

Ah, well- I have the damned few. heart

Goin' to teh Church
3nodding I've actually joined my sister a few times at her church; the messages usually given at christian churches can be applied to almost any religion. I watched and listen to the pastor not as a pagan amongst christians, but as a fellow human enjoying a spiritual experience with other's looking for the same thing. The key is finding one that approaches the lessons from an everyday point of view (something you can relate to your own life), rather than the spouting of some obscure scripture that was written who knows how long ago.

Fluff Bunnies
With regards to the "fluff bunny" topic, I agree. It has been run too hard, with everyone slinging it at others of different trads. My personal belief is that a fluff bunny are the "instant witches" that people like SRW turn out with a single book, as well as the ones that refuse to acknowledge the dark mysteries of the craft because they think that because they are dark, they are evil; which of course is not the case.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:34 pm
blukattt
Goin' to teh Church
3nodding I've actually joined my sister a few times at her church; the messages usually given at christian churches can be applied to almost any religion. I watched and listen to the pastor not as a pagan amongst christians, but as a fellow human enjoying a spiritual experience with other's looking for the same thing. The key is finding one that approaches the lessons from an everyday point of view (something you can relate to your own life), rather than the spouting of some obscure scripture that was written who knows how long ago.

I don't mind churches too much, but when I hear them talk about other religions as if they were something below Christianity, I get kinda peeved. Same as when I hear them fling around like "Heathen" and "occult" in insulting ways.

Not that I feel any better about Pagans who do the same thing, but I rarely meet Pagans that are mean to Christians (I avoid them if I do, though).  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Aloyseus_Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:51 pm
Atma311
blukattt
Goin' to teh Church

I don't mind churches too much, but when I hear them talk about other religions as if they were something below Christianity, I get kinda peeved. Same as when I hear them fling around like "Heathen" and "occult" in insulting ways.

Not that I feel any better about Pagans who do the same thing, but I rarely meet Pagans that are mean to Christians (I avoid them if I do, though).

Personaly I have never been to church or a coven meeting so I can't compare either... however I think as long as the church isn't spitting dogma in the faces of those who don't neccasarily agree with everyhting in the church then it is basically harmless.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:28 pm
Unless I know someone within the congregation, I'm never going into a church that looks like a prison, no matter what religion it is. Call me a p***k, but a sacred place needs to have that 'beautiful' feel to it- it just can't be slapped together and called good. yes, the building isn't the principle of the faith, but it irks me when people forget it- by making a place feel (for lack of a better word) special, its a testament to how much they care. Making a box quickly and with little effort seems like you jsut want to rush through things, not pay attention to the details.

I dunno, this may just be me. sweatdrop  

Jameta
Captain

Mina Beltara

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:57 am
This is a place to rant right? Well.... I hate corporations!

First, in September Wal-Mart accused me of stealing a sweater I walked in wearing. So, we're in the middle of taking them to court. They're, of course, stalling and pushing back the date because they can't find a tape for that department.

Now, Sprint. I signed a new cell phone contract at the start of Feburary and they increased my limit to 250$ if something every happens, they're not going to cut off my phones (I added my step-father to my plan) until I reach that in a month. Well.... Friday morning they cut my phones off! And my pay cycle ends on the 20th, they hadn't even sent me a bill a yet! I called and they said they had a system error that didnt' recognize the increase in my limit... alright... That was Saturday evening and they said the phones would be back in 15 minutes... Not. So, we call again Sunday morning and they have me pay 45$ over the phone to get it back on. So... a few hours later, the phones are back.... And now, Monday morning, 6am, they're frickin off again! If it wasn't for this being a new contract.... I'd cancel, but the termination fee is killer. If they keep it up though, I might ask grandma for the money to cancel it go with another company.

GGRRRRRR After I have this cup of coffee, I have to call up the idiots again to find out with the problem is this time.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:50 pm
today in laguage arts we got talking about religion and poetry, and i mentioned the Mahaburahta (the holy scripture of the hindu religion), and my teacher, said "no thats you cant use that in your presentation, its too long! *chuckle* besides its a false religion anyway" ding ding ding, we have a winner worlds most stupid a*****e! i sware i would have yell the s**t out of him, but i decided it would be better if i told him my belifes and ask him if my religion was false as well...this man used to be my friend, we would have very good intllecutal conversation, and hes justa nice guy to be around, not anymore...he then said yes, and i was going to hell for it, i just got up and told him" Mr. Crane i used to think you were a smart individual, and a nice guy, but now that i take a closer look i see you are just as stupid as every one else i this class (they are incredibly dumb sometimes), it has to be the single most idiotic thing for a human being to say, 'ur beliefs are wrong mine are right, to hell with you' i will respect your religion but you will NOT disrespect mine or others" i dont think any of this sank into his thick skull, but if it did, i want a full apology....what do you think  

Akwila

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:17 am
Argh, people with narrow-minds make my blood boil. Thankfully, I haven't had to explain anything to anyone, and even more thankfully, most of my teacher's are such cooks (postive connotation here) that they'd already know about it. My German teacher knows about Wicca from staying over in Europe while in the service, and she doesn't have a problem at all (just doesn't want me mixin' with the people who use it to their own advanatge ninja ).

There are times when I wish we could have "Boot to the Head" cards, and be able to use them n times like this.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:46 pm
Jameta
Argh, people with narrow-minds make my blood boil. Thankfully, I haven't had to explain anything to anyone, and even more thankfully, most of my teacher's are such cooks (postive connotation here) that they'd already know about it. My German teacher knows about Wicca from staying over in Europe while in the service, and she doesn't have a problem at all (just doesn't want me mixin' with the people who use it to their own advanatge ninja ).

There are times when I wish we could have "Boot to the Head" cards, and be able to use them n times like this.
yes that would be nice biggrin  

Akwila

Wampyr Konig

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:04 am
blukattt
Fluff Bunnies
With regards to the "fluff bunny" topic, I agree. It has been run too hard, with everyone slinging it at others of different trads. My personal belief is that a fluff bunny are the "instant witches" that people like SRW turn out with a single book, as well as the ones that refuse to acknowledge the dark mysteries of the craft because they think that because they are dark, they are evil; which of course is not the case.
I had personally never looked at any of SRW's books, so last time I was at Borders, I read the back of one just for kicks. I knew something was up when one of the goals supposedly reached by reading was to be able to publicly declare "I'm a witch!". Yeah, like you need a book for that... stare  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:14 am
Dancing Warrior
I had personally never looked at any of SRW's books, so last time I was at Borders, I read the back of one just for kicks. I knew something was up when one of the goals supposedly reached by reading was to be able to publicly declare "I'm a witch!". Yeah, like you need a book for that... stare

Never declare yourself a witch to the public it takes the power away from you, the less people know the greater is the power you have; like spells never tell a living soul (or a dead one for that matter) until the spell is done and worked or didn't.  

Rakei

Wampyr Konig

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:35 am
Rakei
Dancing Warrior

Never declare yourself a witch to the public it takes the power away from you, the less people know the greater is the power you have; like spells never tell a living soul (or a dead one for that matter) until the spell is done and worked or didn't.
That depends on how it is done, I think. Letting people know your faith is OK, but bragging about it is a whole other matter...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:34 pm
Dancing Warrior
Rakei
Dancing Warrior

That depends on how it is done, I think. Letting people know your faith is OK, but bragging about it is a whole other matter...

Yes that would be okay but bragging & / scaring people shouldn't be done...  

Rakei

Wampyr Konig

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:09 pm
Rakei
Dancing Warrior
Rakei
Dancing Warrior

Yes that would be okay but bragging & / scaring people shouldn't be done...
That's what I meant. 3nodding  
_The Agora_ ! Art ! Focused Discussion ! Debate ! *Under Construction*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces