Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
What Witches Believe Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:50 pm
angel_of_harmony
I am surprised to not see something about a patron god/goddess on this list. Although this varies from person to person, I know no Pagan who doesn't at least believe in the Goddess.

I know some atheistic witches- so it doesn't surprise me, and pagans aren't always witches, and witches aren't always pagan- so I think that's why it's not included.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:23 pm
angel_of_harmony
I am surprised to not see something about a patron god/goddess on this list. Although this varies from person to person, I know no Pagan who doesn't at least believe in the Goddess.

This thread is about witchcraft, not at all about Paganism.

Although for that matter, I know a few pantheistic Pagans, and I think I've come across one or two who identify as solely animistic or animistic and atheistic. Theism isn't really a definite aspect of Paganism. Besides, I don't think the majority of polytheistic Pagans I know don't have a patron god as such. Though I think most will agree that patronage as a concept exists, it's definitely not a requirement to have a patron deity.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

angel_of_harmony

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:46 pm
Esiris
angel_of_harmony

I know some atheistic witches- so it doesn't surprise me, and pagans aren't always witches, and witches aren't always pagan- so I think that's why it's not included.

I apologize; it has been a long day and I did not realize it was just witches in general and not only Wiccan witches. I agree with your comment and understand why it is not included in the list.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:57 pm
angel_of_harmony
I apologize; it has been a long day and I did not realize it was just witches in general and not only Wiccan witches. I agree with your comment and understand why it is not included in the list.

Haha, fair enough. Wiccans are such a small subset of witches - and even of Pagan witches - that it would probably be silly of us to be that specific wink  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games