Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
Is Harry the Descendant oif Godric Gryffindor??????????? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ofbittersweetmemories

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:40 am
I didn't think that the potter's were pure blood, I thought Lily was muggle born  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:43 pm
ladyrampage
I didn't think that the potter's were pure blood, I thought Lily was muggle born

Lily was a muggle. But that just means that the Evans line is not connected. The Potter line could be pure.  

non642

R J Lupin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:30 am
It could be that The Gryffindor line comes from James's mother's line instead of his father. and Where his fathers name would be taken it could be a newer line. So Harry's Grandmother could have been the heir and then it would have been passed down to James then Harry. I think this because we no very lttle about Harry's family.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:27 am
anyone?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????  

R J Lupin

Gornwen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:31 pm
I like the idea of Neville being related to Gryffindor... but anyways...

Back to Harry! It is possible that he is related to Gryffindor through his paternal grandmother, which would explain the last name "Potter" and James coming from a very, very old line of wizards.

If he is related to Gryffindor, though, would his family (and now him) some of Gryffindor's belongings in their possession that Voldemort would have been questing for his horcruxes? How does this change how Voldemort relates to the Potters? Would this explain one of the three escapes that James and Lily had? What about the three escapes the Longbottoms can claim?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:34 am
I wouldn't be surprised
Harry has almost all the qualaties of a gryfondor (however u spell it) he also was able to pull the sword out of the sorting hat which only a true gryfindor could do, and most importantly he is almost the only wizard his age who can truly stand up to voldermort better than most adults. He also live in a place called Godric's hollow  

Oridaius

R J Lupin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:55 am
Yes. Also JK would not have put the fight between Godric and Salzaar if it was not important. Harry is the desendant that will finish the fight with Salazaar's desendant. I am also wondering if Zacharias smith is the heir of Hufflepuff. Because of Hepizah smith and him being in hufflepuff  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:59 pm
R J Lupin
I am also wondering if Zacharias smith is the heir of Hufflepuff. Because of Hepizah smith and him being in hufflepuff
there is a possibility  

[Hollow Point]

Smilexiluvu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:54 pm
i think your just crazy, i dont think he is, i mean, he knows who is parents are, and we know that james potter was a wizard, we also know that you can go back and look through books at hogwarts to find your heredity, i mean, Voldemort did it, so i think harry would know if he was related to one of the four founders....  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:04 pm
Smilexiluvu
i think your just crazy, i dont think he is, i mean, he knows who is parents are, and we know that james potter was a wizard, we also know that you can go back and look through books at hogwarts to find your heredity, i mean, Voldemort did it, so i think harry would know if he was related to one of the four founders....
but, he never looked  

[Hollow Point]

R J Lupin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:19 am
Voldemort was obbsessed with finding his parents He stumbled across the fact that He was Slytherin's heir.

James could of told no one that he was related to Godric or he himself did not know.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:01 pm
Anyone???????????????????????????????

Bump Bump twisted  

R J Lupin

AtreeX

Salty Cat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:08 pm
No, because the Sorting Hat thought he could go into any house, since he had attributes of all four (it just leaned towards Slytherin and Gryffindor). Plus, it seems unlikely. Assuming that Lily Potter's whole family were muggles (no squibs), then that leaves James Potter. Seeing how Harry (obviously) looks a LOT like his dad, I suppose that would follow with the whole family tree, no? And (at least in my mind, and several others') Godric Gryffindor looks nothing like James Potter.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:58 pm
Cannibal_92
Smilexiluvu
but, he never looked

dont you think hermonie would know, i mean, im sure that hse has looked up that at some point in time.....  

Smilexiluvu

Volley_chick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:21 pm
R J Lupin
This is what I think:

When he was sorted, he could have been put in Ravenclaw (not a bad mind) or Slytherin as the sorting hat had said. But instead it was gryffindor because Harry said not Slytherin. When Harry got out of the chamber after defeating Tom Riddle and the can't spell Baslisk or what ever it is. Dumbledore said only a true Gryffindor could have pulled that out of the hat. Maybe not someone from the school house but someone of Gryffindor blood. Harry lived in a town called Godrics Hallow. His father was in Gryffindor.
Godric and Salazaar fought and the fight was never finished. Now the heir of Slytherin will Finish the Filght with The Heir of Gryffindor.
That makes alot if scene and it won't be a surprise if she add that info and it mite add a little twist to the book  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff